Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

km79 wrote: »
    Lanzini and Antonio are available

Km79 - you're a fantastic contributor in this forum. Please give fair warning if you're ever thinking of packing it in.

This news along with your Vardy news has made me very very happy.

I might actually be able to carry my FT for what feels like the first time in 2 years.

ps, maybe we could vote at the end of every season for 'best contributor' and they could receive free entry into a paid league, the following season, as reward ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Km79 - you're a fantastic contributor in this forum. Please give fair warning if you're ever thinking of packing it in.

I might actually be able to carry my FT for what feels like the first time in 2 years.

ps, maybe we could vote at the end of every season for 'best contributor' and they could receive free entry into a paid league, the following season, as reward ?

Feel free to pay the entry fee for 'best contributor'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Lanzini and Antonio are available

I'd second that, he's bailed me out on a few occasions with great info!

Feel free to pay the entry fee for 'best contributor'

A lot of people, like yourself probably, just come into the forum demanding answers to their questions and request other people effectively pick their team so I wouldn't really expect those kinds to understand my suggestion.

He is just here to answer your specific questions when you need info right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Would agree, there are some fantastic posters here who give lads plenty of info that saves time and bother for everyone. Would be easy enough to hold such a vote and enter the winner into a league. Probably the boards pay league as its the biggest one, and the 20 quid wouldn't even be missed in the pot. As a tip of the cap to all those lads on here, I think it's a lovely idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'd have to allow Mick McCarthy to cast my vote as the majority of my posts involve him :P

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 2m2 minutes ago

Manchester City have officially confirmed that Benjamin Mendy has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

Edit; https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/first-team-news/2017/september/benjamin-mendy-man-city-injury-news-update

Does that mean Danilo is likely to take his place?

Or a toss up between Danilo and Delph or am I forgetting someone else?

shineon23 wrote: »
    Does that mean Danilo is likely to take his place?

Or a toss up between Danilo and Delph or am I forgetting someone else?

I'm guessing it depends on formation. If Kompany is fit and they play 3 at the back then one of Danilo, Delph or even Sane could play lwb.

If it's 2 centre backs then I'd say Danilo is almost a guaranteed starter at left back. Even with 3 centre backs playing he's still the most likely starter at lwb.

I'm guessing it depends on formation. If Kompany is fit and they play 3 at the back then one of Danilo, Delph or even Sane could play lwb.

If it's 2 centre backs then I'd say Danilo is almost a guaranteed starter at left back. Even with 3 centre backs playing he's still the most likely starter at lwb.

Just realised I can't really make that move for Danilo this week anyway when City are playing Chelsea so it'll give me more time to see how the line up pans out.

Something to ponder for the next fortnight anyway.
    It'd also free up funds in MF for me also as I could sell David Silva for a premium MF from another club.

Danilo is also at 99% to drop in price.

So wait until Saturday, if you are buying him, in case he drops.

• Advertisement

Danilo is also at 99% to drop in price.

So wait until Saturday, if you are buying him, in case he drops.

I seen that earlier alright, think I'll just do my boring planned transfer

Veronghen out
    Bavies In

Reversing my boo-boo from my wildcard.

5.4/5.5 City DF playing OOP would be great in future gameweeks. (Danilo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Aguero in a car crash in Holland. 2 months out the early reports on Twitter

KevIRL wrote: »

Serious ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Serious ?

Deadly. By all accounts if he hadn't had a seat belt on he wouldn't have been walking away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Jesus he's lucky by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Horrible stuff. Hope he's as lucky as it sounds and will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Had planned to do lukaku to morata after this week, seems lukaku will stay and I'll have to do aguero to morata this week itself.
    Morata price rise certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

sanket wrote: »
    Had planned to do lukaku to morata after this week, seems lukaku will stay and I'll have to do aguero to morata this week itself.
    Morata price rise certain.

Was the Morata injury talk baseless, anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

KevIRL wrote: »

I don't have him, but FPL is irrelevant at a time like this. One of my favourite players to watch and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

As a city fan im gutted, as a ff owner im gutted. Horrible news.

For people who want danilo in i would hold off, i see delph playing left back for the forseeable fitness pending, he was outstanding on wednesday and gives us much better balance. Danilo may play the tougher games where we need a solid defender so possibly chelsea on saturday but i expect delph if he can maintain his form to nail it down, words i thought id never see myself write but if moses can be instrumental to chelsea winning the league why cant delph for city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Broken ribs apparently so thats good news of sorts for him. I wouldnt expect he'd be out for longer unless there's more to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Horrible news
    But from a FF point of view it has again reinforced my decision not to go for early transfers and I now have the easiest transfer of all time
    Aguero back to lukaku and I can breathe freely at the weekend !
    Jesus stays

Horrible news
    But from a FF point of view it has again reinforced my decision not to go for early transfers and I now have the easiest transfer of all time
    Aguero back to lukaku and I can breathe freely at the weekend !
    Jesus stays

Yup, did Jesus to Lacazette early, and there's now a tinge of regret. My only early transfer of the season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did Jesus to Vardy and Vardy is now injured, guess it's an easy transfer back now for Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

siblers wrote: »
    Did Jesus to Vardy and Vardy is now injured, guess it's an easy transfer back now for Jesus

Vardy was pictured in training yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He was ruled out of the England squad with his thigh injury, guess I'll hold him so for the time being

Lucas Hood wrote: »

He will start but not play 90 imo
    I was going to risk him before the aguero news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That means they are checking on his health to see how bad it is. There's not a hope in hell he's playing for the next couple of weeks at least.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »

He's not.

I imagine he'll get an injection, come off a little early, then they'll spend the international break fixing him.

He'll be fine. I have him, and I won't transfer him out this GW anyway.

Advertisement