Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Debryune injured also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Debryune injured also

He doesn't look too bad, walking around the pitch comfortably enough now by the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He doesn't look too bad, walking around the pitch comfortably enough now by the look of it.

Obv Pep told him how to avoid playing internationals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Obv Pep told him how to avoid playing internationals...

Esp as they have already qualified
    I wonder was that why lukaku had a "late fitness test " today too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Clubs can't withdraw players anymore, so its a moo point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If a player is injured does he still get called up?

Baaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If a player is injured does he still get called up?

Depends on the injury but a national team can force a player to travel and have their doctor check on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How seriously did Morata injury look?.....just brought him in on W/c :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Could be in and out of a lot of teams.

z_GHQb4_O.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pretty bad... he didn’t even ask for treatment just waved his hand and got the ball put out and walked to the line knowing he was fecked.. didn’t even wait till a sub was ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pretty bad... he didn’t even ask for treatment just waved his hand and got the ball put out and walked to the line knowing he was fecked.. didn’t even wait till a sub was ready

I disagree, it looked like a hamstring strain and he came off before he made it worse. It couldn't have been too bad as he walked off.

Conte said this

‘It’s a muscular problem. I don’t think it’s serious. He said to me: “Coach I prefer to stop, otherwise I risk having a bad injury.”

‘I don’t know. The doctor in the next few days will check the situation but I don’t think he will be available for the national team.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I disagree, it looked like a hamstring strain and he came off before he made it worse. It couldn't have been too bad as he walked off.

It's probably not that serious, but Pogba walked off too and we all now know the extent of that injury...

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

As a veteran of hamstring injuries; once you feel, it's not going away. Get off the pitch. One sprint too many makes the difference between 2 weeks and two months.

Ritchie withdraws from Scotland squad for WC qualifiers. Not sure what's up with him.

Up to 296k a rise of about 450k I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    Up to 296k a rise of about 450k I think

Well that much money would definitely convince me to back out of the Scotland squad too

Oops :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/861455/Alvaro-Morata-Chelsea-striker-injured-two-months-news

Not sure how accurate this info is, but a couple of papers reporting that Morata will be out for awhile. Grade 2 tear in hamstring is usually 4 plus weeks from my own knowledge of it. Tough injury to time assess though, but obviously the top clubs have every possible equipment and expertise available to speed up the rehab.

McBain11 wrote: »
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/861455/Alvaro-Morata-Chelsea-striker-injured-two-months-news

Not sure how accurate this info is, but a couple of papers reporting that Morata will be out for awhile. Grade 2 tear in hamstring is usually 4 plus weeks from my own knowledge of it. Tough injury to time assess though, but obviously the top clubs have every possible equipment and expertise available to speed up the rehab.

The injury was confirmed by Spain today.

http://www.sefutbol.com/en/carvajal-iniesta-and-morata-pull-out-albania-and-israel-call

Delphi and jones withdraw from English squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Huge injury for Chelsea. Agueros injury was obviously a blow to City with him on fire, but with Jesus and others I think City can cover it just about. If Morata was out for 2 months as reported, Chelsea would find it incredibly hard to cover that. Conte seems to have little faith in Batshuyai. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hazard/Pedro play up top

Delphi and jones withdraw from English squad

If Delph could now withdraw from the Man City squad or go on strike allowing Danilo to play regularly it'd be swell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

McBain11 wrote: »
    Huge injury for Chelsea. Agueros injury was obviously a blow to City with him on fire, but with Jesus and others I think City can cover it just about. If Morata was out for 2 months as reported, Chelsea would find it incredibly hard to cover that. Conte seems to have little faith in Batshuyai. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hazard/Pedro play up top
    Pedro may well be sneaking his way into my wildcard team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Pedro may well be sneaking his way into my wildcard team.
    What a bargain he'd be if he could cement a starting position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Argie doc reckons Kun could be out for 6 weeks.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Argie doc reckons Kun could be out for 6 weeks.

@BenDinnery: Dr Donato Villani: “Aguero is going to be out for a month and a half minimum. He is unable to get out of the house or the car.” #MCFC https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/915292342340526082/photo/1

• Advertisement

@BenDinnery: Dr Donato Villani: “Aguero is going to be out for a month and a half minimum. He is unable to get out of the house or the car.” #MCFC https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/915292342340526082/photo/1

Hate when I can't get out of the car.

Advertisement