Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Coutinho out for tomorrow's game according to Paul Joyce (twitter)

Disaster if true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@BenDinnery: [via @_pauljoyce] Confirms Philippe Coutinho will miss the game against Huddersfield due to injury. #LFC https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/923868244871663616/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Currently on a - 12. If I use free hit chip that's cancelled, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

manual_man wrote: »

I've now became interested in free hit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Nobody seems to know for certain, in a similar prediciment myself - this is made worse by the fact that with the way the League Cup is taking shape their is a very strong possibility there will be a gameweek where 4 of the top 6 have no game, which is kind of made for the free hit.

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Nobody seems to know for certain, in a similar prediciment myself - this is made worse by the fact that with the way the League Cup is taking shape their is a very strong possibility there will be a gameweek where 4 of the top 6 have no game, which is kind of made for the free hit.

It could also happen that only 2 teams miss out as Chelsea play united and arsenal p!au city
    I'm almost ready to gamble on that now

Part of my - 12 was getting in Couts and Kane. I think I need to use this free hit chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

danganabu wrote: »

Is it really though? I'm not sure.

If those 4 teams have no game who, realistically, would you have in your team? 3 Liverpool 3 Spurs and 5 others probably - Liverpool have West Ham, a 'bogey' team and Spurs are at Palace, so not wonderful fixtures.

If you play the Free Hit this week you won't pick Kane or Aguero (probably) but you can still pick City, Arsenal, Man U and Spurs players. You still have access to all 20 teams.

Bringing Jesus in for Aguero, Lacazette/Morata/Lukaku in for Kane, maybe Sanchez into midfield, a Chelsea defender, Son as a punt etc are all options you would not have Carabao Cup weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Kane out, Lacazette in for me. Easy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

patmac wrote: »
    Fair play to Poch, a lot of people on here give out about him, but he could have withheld this information till 11:31 tomorrow and have us all crying in our cornflakes.
    Replacement choices are Jesus already have Aguero,
    Morata, Lukaku,Lacazette, Firmino and Llorente lots to ponder.

Yeah if Mourinho was the manager that would certainly have been the case.

• Advertisement

Klopp on Coutinho: "Before Spurs, he had a back problem, but it settled. This week, he has an abductor issue. Not clear yet if he's out"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Free Hit - Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.
    It looks like you'd be ok.

However as with all advice that you read on the internet ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    @utdreport: Mauricio Pochettino: “Harry Kane a doubt for match vs #mufc? We’ll see." [bein]

Wasn't in squad tonight even though majority/all of big guns were

I've an awful feeling TPT and naughton will end up coming in for me this weekend
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Oh no.
    km79 wrote: »
    @tomallnuttPA: Spurs also confident this morning Kane will be OK for United. Cramp, tired v Liverpool, not injured.
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Oh yes.
    PARlance wrote: »
    BREAKING: @SpursOfficial’;s @HKane out of tomorrow’s game at @ManUtd with hamstring injury. #SSN https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/923843470531399680

Oh no

It's been a rough week for Harry and I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ffix reporting that Aguero is 100% near a rise.

I guess a lot of people are doing Kane to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any Antonio owners on here? See he is yellow flagged, not sure whether to keep or bring in Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What has been said about Kane to get him from 75% to play next game down to 25% on official site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What has been said about Kane to get him from 75% to play next game down to 25% on official site?

Poch said he might be out of the Madrid game (... Or 'needs to be assessed again before Wednesday I think it was).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Is there a chance he plays Wednesday and then gets rested v Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PVA wrote: »

I think there is a chance he starts Wednesday and makes the injury worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

PVA wrote: »

To me he's either fit to play or not. If he plays midweek and looks fine he'll play the following weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

dsmythy wrote: »
    To me he's either fit to play or not. If he plays midweek and looks fine he'll play the following weekend.

This. If he is passed fit it means he has fully recovered and there is no reason he wouldn’t play the Palace game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kane is training this morning.

Harry Kane pictured in training for Spurs ahead of tomorrow's clash with Real Madrid https://t.co/EufKRtS2Yk

Briliant news
    Hope he doesn't aggrevate it though

Give him 30 mins at the end when it's 0-0 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sky Sports News‏ @SkySportsNews 3h3 hours ago

BREAKING: Watford's Troy Deeney banned for three games after admitting charge of violent conduct during Saturday's game against Stoke. #SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Hazard was excellent tonight until he was on the receiving end of a poor challenge and was very quiet after, one to keep an eye on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

BREAKING: Watford's Troy Deeney banned for three games after admitting charge of violent conduct during Saturday's game against Stoke. #SSN

What did he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

What did he do?
    Grabbed poor little Joe Allen by the face and wouldn’t let go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

What did he do?

tumblr_oyjk62i5CB1tf8a5ao1_500.gif?resize=510%2C334

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

He looks like an absolute maniac in that schmozzle with Allen! I love to see plenty of niggle in games though. Maybe not as far as that, and I'm not condoning fellas trying to hack fellas in half. It seems that so many games are just bland these days though, especially the bigger ones. You can't bate a bit of niggle!

Advertisement