Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Alderweireld off injured for Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dier gone centre back so that answers that question

Alli goal
    Trippier assist

km79 wrote: »
    Dier gone centre back so that answers that question

Maybe not. He has more wingbacks than centre backs.

He has played Bavies on the left of 3 previously.

Would allow him to play 2 of his other 3 wingbacks.

@BenDinnery: Countinho a major doubt for Saturday: "I don’t think in the moment that he can play.” #LFC
    @BenDinnery: Lovren 50-50: "Dejan we have to see. It is different, it’s not the same problem [Coutinho] has and he is not out for that long a time." #LFC
    @BenDinnery: Klopp confirms Wijnaldum has been ruled out of the game against West Ham. #LFC

• Advertisement

Didn’t see the Spurs match.

What the consensus on Bavies ?

I’d read he was injured during the game once or twice. Was he ? Did it look like nothing ?

I don’t want to sell him but I’ve no bench so I’ll have to sell him if he’s a doubt and for a hit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Didn’t see the Spurs match.

What the consensus on Bavies ?

I’d read he was injured during the game once or twice. Was he ? Did it look like nothing ?

I don’t want to sell him but I’ve no bench so I’ll have to sell him if he’s a doubt and for a hit too.

In the same boat as you. Coutinho news just adds to the headache. I might be looking at a -12 this week to finally sort out my bench and ensure I get 11 players out.

Played the FH last week to avoid having to do something like this, in hindsight I should have taken a big hit to sort out my bench last week.

Re: Davies, he's been known to be rotated, he picked up a knock and Rose is back. I have no real idea but I'd say it's pretty 50/50 on him, I would not at all be surprised to see him rested. Then again there's no club game after this GW so maybe they squeeze one more match out of him. I'd lean towards him being no the bench but I don't really know

@BenDinnery: Zabaleta [susp] is out of the Liverpool clash while Saturday could come too soon for Collins. Reid [calf] remains a major doubt.
    : Cresswell is hoping to shake off the knock he picked up at Palace while Antonio is certain to miss the game because of a rib injury
    A decision on centre-back Jose Fonte [foot] will be made closer to kick-off. #WHUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

@BenDinnery: Zabaleta [susp] is out of the Liverpool clash while Saturday could come too soon for Collins. Reid [calf] remains a major doubt.
    : Cresswell is hoping to shake off the knock he picked up at Palace while Antonio is certain to miss the game because of a rib injury
    A decision on centre-back Jose Fonte [foot] will be made closer to kick-off. #WHUFC

Reid is expected to be back training today or tomorrow from my sources whether he will play or not I'm not sure if not Liverpool could have a field day

Puel on Chilwell: “He feels a little pain in his knee. We’ll see tomorrow if he can participate in the session. It’s not too bad”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Reid is expected to be back training today or tomorrow from my sources whether he will play or not I'm not sure if not Liverpool could have a field day

Salah all of a sudden tempting me as a captain differential

manual_man wrote: »
    Salah all of a sudden tempting me as a captain differential

Bilic: “Reid was injured for Palace but he and Cresswell trained and should be okay for Liverpool.”

Deschamps confirms Hugo Lloris will be "out for at least 15 days" after the Tottenham goalkeeper suffered "a tear of the big abductor" #COYS

Alder also out
    Maybe it's best if bavies doesn't play ! Charlie Daniels away to Newcastle is my back up

We have heard from the training ground medical team that Sam Byram has apparently torn his quad and will be out for Liverpool and a while 😟⚒

This has been confirmed meaning no right back for Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Deschamps confirms Hugo Lloris will be "out for at least 15 days" after the Tottenham goalkeeper suffered "a tear of the big abductor" #COYS

Alder also out
    Maybe it's best if bavies doesn't play ! Charlie Daniels away to Newcastle is my back up

No Lloris or Alderweireld makes leaving Zaha in my team this weekend all the more promising. Could knick a goal

Sadio Mane was back with the group at Melwood today. #LFC https://t.co/K1QSb29uNr
    Will be in my team once he doesn't break down again by gw13

Martina went off injured for Everton tonight

West Ham will be without James Collins, Jose Fonte, Sam Byram, Pablo Zabaleta and Michail Antonio for the game against Liverpool.

Stoke news- @FFScout: Hughes: “Cameron is still out with concussion. Crouch is ok and returned to training yesterday, Johnson is ok too.”
    @FFScout: Hughes: “Shawcross has a little issue with his thigh which we are hoping will be resolved. Martins Indi should be ok for tomorrow.”
    @FFScout: Hughes on Diouf: "He would still like to play down the middle but it's needs must at the moment with him in a wide position.”
    Right wing back again for diouf so................glen Johnson could be an interesting option after the int break. If he starts next 2

Bournemouth news - @BenDinnery: Callum Wilson "is getting there" says Eddie Howe. "He's going to need a lot of football to get back to his best but he looks sharp."
    @BenDinnery: Stanslas' groin injury is hopefully not as bad as initially thought, although the winger will not feature at St James' Park tomorrow.
    @BenDinnery: Afobe is struggling and could miss out while King [back] is rated as touch and go following a return to training. Fraser should be OK.

Wilson on my radar !

West brom - @FFScout: Pulis: “Dawson and Morrison are out. Burke has trained well and is in contention”. https://goo.gl/m2tSxy

No Azpilicueta in the #ESP squad.

Hopefully not injury related. Looked like he picked up a knock in Roma.

Conte due around 1:15pm. #CFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Klopp confirms Clyne injury set back. That should see Gomez playing for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cresswell ----> Gomez done.

Interesting line from Rafa
    @BenDinnery: No way back for Jack. Rafa says Chancel Mbemba could play ahead of Colback in midfield if needed. #NUFC

@BenDinnery: No way back for Jack. Rafa says Chancel Mbemba could play ahead of Colback in midfield if needed. #NUFC

That would be unreal!

Chance(l Mbemba) would be a fine thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

ReMbemba, reMbemba!
    The fourth of November,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mbemba member berries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Morzadec wrote: »
    That would be unreal!

Chance(l Mbemba) would be a fine thing!

Is Colback doubtful?....have Mbemba the legend sitting on my bench getting splinters for last few months.....time to promote him to first sub methinks😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Klopp said today Sadio Mane could make an appearance back in the team this weekend.

I’ve just checked 2-3 sources for predicted line-ups.

Bavies not in any of them.

Is there something I don’t know ?

• Advertisement

Is Colback doubtful?....have Mbemba the legend sitting on my bench getting splinters for last few months.....time to promote him to first sub methinks😉

Colback is just totally out of favour apparently.

But Medina I believe is injured, so there's a space there. There's a few players that csan play there though apparently, Ritchie tucked in there a couple of weeks back, they also have Diame. I think Rafa just mentioned Mbemba as an option (one of many) and was making the point that he's not at all considering Colback, he has lots of options there.

Would be huge for me if Mbemba did get called up. I fear Bavies will be rested so relying on Mbemba (preferably) or Suttner to make an appearance. A bit of hope there from Rafa but still think it;s unlikely.
    I’ve just checked 2-3 sources for predicted line-ups.

Bavies not in any of them.

Is there something I don’t know ?

Intense game against Madrid where he picked up a knock, Rose back to fitness, Aurier who can play there. I can see why many think he'll be rested. I have no idea but I'm kind of expecting him to be on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Toby getting injured means there's a spot in back 3 up for grabs, most likely goes to Dier, but if they want to use him in midfield hopefully there's a chance Bavies can tuck in there.

Advertisement