Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone still starting Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

km79 wrote: »
    Yes

Ditto. If he doesn’t start but makes the bench there’s a very small chance he’ll be brought on

Worth starting and having the DF you would start as first sub if that suits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Anything mentioned about hazard getting over the knock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bantee wrote: »
    Anything mentioned about hazard getting over the knock?

I can't seem to find any Conte quotes on him but Roberto Martinez said his absence during the week was only because of a minor concern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I can't seem to find any Conte quotes on him but Roberto Martinez said his absence during the week was only because of a minor concern.
    Thanks just found quotes ruling out other players and that he was rested for the Japan game as a precaution. He’s still flagged on the site but he’ll probably start.

Mourinho furious with England. Said today that Phil Jones was given 6 pain killing injections before the friendly against #GER, then went off injured and is out of tomorrow’s game v #NUFC. Says he’s never encountered that in 17 years of management #MUFC #ENG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mourinho furious with England. Said today that Phil Jones was given 6 pain killing injections before the friendly against #GER, then went off injured and is out of tomorrow’s game v #NUFC. Says he’s never encountered that in 17 years of management #MUFC #ENG

If true that is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably Jose :P

And sounds like Gareth Southgate would definitely risk him if he had the choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Joel Matip won't be playing this weekend according to the twitter and the Liverpool thread,I did Rosenior to Klaven for -4 , to strengthen the team as that is all the money I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Jones will not start. Jose said as much in his press conference by trying to have a go at the other managers who pulled players out for England i.e. Pep and Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Islander13 wrote: »
    Jones will not start. Jose said as much in his press conference by trying to have a go at the other managers who pulled players out for England i.e. Pep and Conte.

I never agree with José, but on this one he's right. And he's gotten a lot of stick through the years for pulling players from internationals.

The fact Kane, Alli and Winks are all back for Spurs (more than likely) is gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

SlickRic wrote: »
    I never agree with José, but on this one he's right. And he's gotten a lot of stick through the years for pulling players from internationals.

The fact Kane, Alli and Winks are all back for Spurs (more than likely) is gas.

Plus Sterling and probably Delph for City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lamela back in action for Spurs u23s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do we know how long Jones is out for?

FPL have him back for the Brighton game, hopefully they're right

Seen this on Reddit
    Manchester United have conceded 6 goals. 3 goals in the 893 minutes Jones was on the pitch, and 3 goals in the 187 minutes he wasn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I'm hoping he's back for Brighton, brought him in at a hit this week for Uniteds good run of three games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Everton striker Oumar Niasse has been charged for diving in the draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Of course I transferred him in this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That's a real pain in Niasse for anyone that brought him in early *

*(I know I already used that lame joke in the matchday thread but it deserves another outing I reckon)

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    That's a real pain in Niasse for anyone that brought him in early *

*(I know I already used that lame joke in the matchday thread but it deserves another outing I reckon)

Early ?

It happened 3 days ago.

Surely once Monday had passed it was safe to assume there would be no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Everton striker Oumar Niasse has been charged for diving in the draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Of course I transferred him in this week :)

Only right that he was charged, that's that transfer strategy put on the back burner for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a ridiculous charge and it wouldn't have been given to a higher profile player.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/932933556996919296

Not sure what to take from this. FYI anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

PARlance wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous charge and it wouldn't have been given to a higher profile player.

Its a complete dive so I have no sympathy for him but I do agree that a high profile player wouldn't be charged.

However, someone was always going to be the 'first' and the standard has been set now (until an England player does the same thing :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

PARlance wrote: »

I've only seen one angle of it and initial thought was it was a dive, but at same time if this had been Alli or some other high profile player you'd wonder would they be charging him.
    Gonna have to google it and have a look at other angles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've only seen one angle of it and initial thought was it was a dive, but at same time if this had been Alli or some other high profile player you'd wonder would they be charging him.
    Gonna have to google it and have a look at other angles.

They wouldn't have given it a second thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Early ?

It happened 3 days ago.

Surely once Monday had passed it was safe to assume there would be no charge.

I hear you....I mean early as in prior to the FPL transfer deadline.

Annoying either way....no way the likes of Rooney, Alli etc. would be charged for something like that imho

He won’t be charged
    There was a simaolr incident earlier in year (can’t remember who )
    There was contact so was not charged
    They can just point that out as their precedent

• Advertisement

He won’t be charged
    There was a simaolr incident earlier in year (can’t remember who )
    There was contact so was not charged
    They can just point that out as their precedent[/quote

Advertisement