Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

No they most likely wouldn't give it a second glance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    He won’t be charged
    There was a simaolr incident earlier in year (can’t remember who )
    There was contact so was not charged
    They can just point that out as their precedent

He has been charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    He has been charged.

He will get off based on previous incidents is what I meant

He won’t be charged
    There was a simaolr incident earlier in year (can’t remember who )
    There was contact so was not charged
    They can just point that out as their precedent

Will be interesting to see how it plays out so.

I think he’s nailed on for a ban because that exactly the type of bunch of Bastards that they are.

I’m going to go with - ‘while there was contact we feel it was minimal and not enough to reflect the action of the player, after the contact, and therefore we judge it to be deceptive and technically a dive’.

But they’ll be less ranty and more concise.

Edit - they’ll include ‘exaggerated movement’ in their statement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

He will get off based on previous incidents is what I meant

So You're telling me he will play this weekend and to NOT smash my face into the computer? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

So You're telling me he will play this weekend and to NOT smash my face into the computer? :)

No you should take a hit and transfer him back out. THEN find out he's going to play. THEN smash your face into the computer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

COH wrote: »
    No you should take a hit and transfer him back out. THEN find out he's going to play. THEN smash your face into the computer :pac:

Aguero - Niasse - Jesus

Never learn...

Jamie Vardy will never finish a game again if niasse is banned and new precedent set
    But as I said at the weekend Vardy isn’t a dirty foreigner so MOTD just say he is “smart “

Btw I hope he is charged :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Btw I hope he is charged :D

I dont think you actually understand. He has been officially charged (the player earlier this year was not).

He has till 6pm to either accept the ban (2 games) or fight it. I think the success rate of players fighting FA charges is similar to my success rate of sleeping with supermodels!

Basically, hes getting a 2 game ban.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    I dont think you actually understand. He has been officially charged (the player earlier this year was not).

He has till 6pm to either accept the ban (2 games) or fight it. I think the success rate of players fighting FA charges is similar to my success rate of sleeping with supermodels!

Basically, hes getting a 2 game ban.

Yep. I didn’t understand.

I assumed he would be charged by the FA and it would be reviewed by a panel who would then decide.

Of course they would never do it like that. That would allow the possibility for someone to contradict them.

Open and shut case so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I still don't get how something which is a yellow card offence if spotted on the pitch can suddenly become a 2 game ban if not spotted. Doesn't correlate at all. It should become a red card offence, or else no retrospective ban.
    It's different to the violent conduct bans as at least there is consistency there, the ref didn't spot an offence for which you would be banned for 3 games so we'll ban you for 3 games anyway.

Really needs a high profile player to go straight to CAS with it and point out the anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I still don't get how something which is a yellow card offence if spotted on the pitch can suddenly become a 2 game ban if not spotted. Doesn't correlate at all. It should become a red card offence, or else no retrospective ban.
    It's different to the violent conduct bans as at least there is consistency there, the ref didn't spot an offence for which you would be banned for 3 games so we'll ban you for 3 games anyway.

Really needs a high profile player to go straight to CAS with it and point out the anomaly.
    I think its because if the player is caught on the pitch its punished there and then. Wheras in this case Everton got and scored a peno which changed the game hence they ban the player for changing the result of the game through foul play. 
    A video ref would solve these problems

TRAINING: Open training has happened ahead of the flight to Switzerland for #MUFC. The press conference is at 17:00.

There was no Phil Jones, Eric Bailly or Michael Carrick present as they recover from injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will be interesting to see how it plays out so.

I think he’s nailed on for a ban because that exactly the type of bunch of Bastards that they are.

I’m going to go with - ‘while there was contact we feel it was minimal and not enough to reflect the action of the player, after the contact, and therefore we judge it to be deceptive and technically a dive’.

But they’ll be less ranty and more concise.

Edit - they’ll include ‘exaggerated movement’ in their statement

I haven't seen the incident but I hope this will mean the end of "there was contact so it was alright for him to fall over." The "there was contact" defence really grinds my gears.

Of course there is very unlikely to be a consistent approach from now on, just like they said they'd stamp out shirt pulling last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I haven't seen the incident but I hope this will mean the end of "there was contact so it was alright for him to fall over." The "there was contact" defence really grinds my gears.

Of course there is very unlikely to be a consistent approach from now on, just like they said they'd stamp out shirt pulling last year.

It equally annoys me the notion that there has to be contact for it to be a penalty, if the attacker has to take evasive action to avoid a dangerous tackle and looses possesion or a goal scoring opportunity then that sholud be a penalty, regardless of whether the attempted foul was successful or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Great start to my wildcard bringing him in. At least he's mainly bench fodder, but another reason for bringing him in was for a price rise, which certainly won't happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is this a weekend injury that turns into a two month injury?

Yes
    Yes it is
    Time to sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

100%. Firesale time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Great start to my wildcard bringing him in. At least he's mainly bench fodder, but another reason for bringing him in was for a price rise, which certainly won't happen now.

Are you keeping him or selling ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

So Jones starts every game and the week I bring him in he's out for 2 weeks (minimum)... didn't even get a minute out of him for a -4 hit! Will hold on to him anyway, just means another -4 to dump Hegazi

Niasse I'm not as concerned about, was benching him this week anyway. He's just cover for my City players over the Christmas period anyway, delivered 10 points at the weekend so will always be a hero in my eyes :)

Wow. So I’m wondering just how dumb is Niasse.

Post match quotes from him BEFORE he was changed with diving -

“People are saying I fell down too easily, I don’t know about that but the game needed it, and I did it,”.

“When I felt contact on my body all I had to do was go to the floor because I was running quickly. That is all I did, and for me it is a good reaction.”

“Someone had to push the team because we were 1-0 down. I am the one that tries to do something, anything I can do to help my team I am going to do.”

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/933347097776181248

Niasses ban confirmed after fa reject his appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/933347097776181248

Niasses ban confirmed after fa reject his appeal.

I suppose his massive amount of transfers in might ACTUALLY slow down now :D

The can of worms has been opened
    Alli and Vardy will need to be careful but they are English internationals so MOTD won’t ban them

Richarlison next IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

The can of worms has been opened
    Alli and Vardy will need to be careful but they are English internationals so MOTD won’t ban them

Richarlison next IMO

Sanchez and Hazard will be in trouble, neither are necessarily divers per se, but both are targeted and are not exactly robust, if the choice is stay on your feet or go down both of these go down - oh and they are both johnny foreigners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

danganabu wrote: »
    Sanchez and Hazard will be in trouble, neither are necessarily divers per se, but both are targeted and are not exactly robust, if the choice is stay on your feet or go down both of these go down - oh and they are both johnny foreigners!

They'll be fine imo. While they do tick the foreigner box, they're a bit too high profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

That news of Niasse's suspension is a right kick in the Stones

Advertisement