Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Asked Mourinho about Rojo. 'Very pleased' with his comeback performance and says team 'needs' him particularly with Jones injured. #mufc

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »
    Asked Mourinho about Rojo. 'Very pleased' with his comeback performance and says team 'needs' him particularly with Jones injured. #mufc

Sh*te, have Smalling in my WC team. Will be hard to have both affordable United and Chelsea defensive cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

sheroman01 wrote: »

Sh*te, have Smalling in my WC team. Will be hard to have both affordable United and Chelsea defensive cover.
    DDG is the only guaranteed starter in Utd defence so he's your best route in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

DDG is the only guaranteed starter in Utd defence so he's your best route in

Valencia is too but is a bit pricey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Very good of you to ask Mourinho on our behalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Haha yeah just saw that... Bolox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ah, the Hertfordshire Mercury, up there with the New York Times really.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/watford-newcastle-injury-team-news-822679

"Watford full-back Kiko Femenia will be fit to face Newcastle United after limping off against West Ham United....
    He had to be taken off in the latter stages of last Sunday's game but Marco Silva confirmed it was just cramp"

• Registered Users Posts: 4 emoclew

Does anybody think lascelles will be fit for Watford?

• Advertisement

Defoe still out

Mourinho on Pogba: “Paul is still on this process where he cannot go more than 65-70 minutes because that’s when fatigue normally arrives. With so many matches we need to protect such an important player."
    https://t.co/FR5qeYnfsR

Definitively waiting till at least after city game before getting him

Mourinho says Ibrahimovic "needs time" to get back up-to speeed: "We managed to give him 15/20 minutes in both matches, he needs more of that, so hopefully tomorrow we play him again." #MUFC

Bailly and jones out

Rojo got but needs to see how he feels after first game back

Smalling owners are far enough for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bailly and Jones out...I may reconsider benching Gross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any indication of how long for Jones?

Any indication of how long for Jones?

no but generally silence around Jones injuries means a good while!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Bailly and Jones out...I may reconsider benching Gross

United are hugely odds on to keep a clean sheet tomorrow. Even on current form, Gros is close to guaranteed a 2 pointer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

PVA wrote: »
    United are hugely odds on to keep a clean sheet tomorrow. Even on current form, Gros is close to guaranteed a 2 pointer

I dont think so, without Jones they are no where near as solid and without both Jones and Bailly missing I would fancy Brighton to score. Utd have conceed 50% of their goals this season in the 190 odd minutes that Jones has been missing. Gros's set pieces and Murray's arial threat will cause them problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

danganabu wrote: »
    I dont think so, without Jones they are no where near as solid and without both Jones and Bailly missing I would fancy Brighton to score. Utd have conceed 50% of their goals this season in the 190 odd minutes that Jones has been missing. Gros's set pieces and Murray's arial threat will cause them problems.

I agree (as a Utd fan).

I was going to swap out Jones for a -4 instead of playing Duffy, but am actually going to start Duffy instead as he might get a goal (even if he probably won't keep a clean sheet :D)

I agree (as a Utd fan).

I was going to swap out Jones for a -4 instead of playing Duffy, but am actually going to start Duffy instead as he might get a goal (even if he probably won't keep a clean sheet :D)

Jones has been United's best defender this season without question
    they have conceded 3 league goals with him in the team for 893 minutes
    In the 190 he hasn't played - 3 goals conceded

emoclew wrote: »
    Does anybody think lascelles will be fit for Watford?

@FFScout: Benitez: "Merino is available & is ready to start if necessary, which is good with Hayden's suspension. Dummett, Atsu & Lascelles are still recovering but are not ready”. https://goo.gl/kCQL31

Victor Moses will be on bench this weekend as he gets back to full fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Following km79's great spot of Sane on 4 YC's and close to suspension, thought it'd be worthwhile to share who's on the FFFix suspension tightrope here. Can update too following this GW

oE1bNjk.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

PVA wrote: »
    danganabu wrote: »

Well... I guess we were both right! United kept a clean sheet but somehow Gross managed not 1, but 3 bonus points. I'm already regretting going with Zaha over Gros, it was the fixtures that turned me off but he is proving to be fixture-proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

When's the cut-off date for 5 yellows equals a suspension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    When's the cut-off date for 5 yellows equals a suspension?

December 31st for 5

Poch confirms Rose will be in squad vs Leicester

Poch confirms Rose will be in squad vs Leicester

Tbh if bavies to miss a game I don’t mind it bring this one. I’d fancy mee more for a cleanie than him but will stay play bavies in case he plays and gets attacking returns

Tbh if bavies to miss a game I don’t mind it bring this one. I’d fancy mee more for a cleanie than him but will stay play bavies in case he plays and gets attacking returns

There's a good chance it will be Rose+Aurier and then Bavies+Trippier and so on and so forth - rotation central during heavy fixture list. Depends if you're happy with that and have decent bench cover

There's a good chance it will be Rose+Aurier and then Bavies+Trippier and so on and so forth - rotation central during heavy fixture list. Depends if you're happy with that and have decent bench cover

Yeah happy for now
    May switch to otamendi at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Aurier is the much better defender probably of all of them. He might play some of the tougher fixtures leaving Trippier with easier fixtures. With his stats he is playing more like an attacker. Could be worth having if you don't mind him missing games which might be the harder ones anyway.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Aurier is the much better defender probably of all of them. He might play some of the tougher fixtures leaving Trippier with easier fixtures. With his stats he is playing more like an attacker. Could be worth having if you don't mind him missing games which might be the harder ones anyway.

I have Trippier. The problem is I also own Jones. Although one will probably make way for Alonso next gw. Thankfully I have Mee, Dunk and Daniels as my other 3, and they should play all games barring injury.

Advertisement