Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    @FFScout: Guardiola admits he “is worried” about players getting booked v West Ham. Sane, Kompany and Fernandinho would be banned for GW16 v Man United if they earn a fifth yellow card of the season. https://goo.gl/RgGpG5

Not
    Good

Might just sell Sane now to be safe, too many doubts about him not playing against West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

siblers wrote: »
    Might just sell Sane now to be safe, too many doubts about him not playing against West Ham

I've been thinking the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think Sane plays. He can be replaced if suspended, unlike Kompany and Fernandinho who will be vital for the Man U game.

I also would have no idea who to bring in for him! Already have Hazard and Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Benimar wrote: »
    I think Sane plays. He can be replaced if suspended, unlike Kompany and Fernandinho who will be vital for the Man U game.

I also would have no idea who to bring in for him! Already have Hazard and Salah.

Maybe not for this week but Ramsey is going v well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I'm holding Sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'd need -4 to get rid of Sanor anyone as explosive (unless I went for Sterling), and i'd be left with no City if Sterling gets his rest on Sunday, so fúck that.

Benimar wrote: »

In theory the problem is that Pep may not want to risk him being suspended for Utd, with him being sick midweek and the potential risk of picking up a 5th yellow, there's a chance he won't play but trying to second guess Pep is a complete waste of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

siblers wrote: »
    In theory the problem is that Pep may not want to risk him being suspended for Utd, with him being sick midweek and the potential risk of picking up a 5th yellow, there's a chance he won't play but trying to second guess Pep is a complete waste of time

Pep could also be lying about being worried about the yellow cards.

He lied about Jesus and Aguero not playing together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cedric Soares is ruled out of Southampton's trip to Bournemouth, though his hamstring injury isn't serious https://t.co/eF9FuLuEHG

David Luiz still out

SlickRic wrote: »

True, I'm going to keep him, even if he comes off the bench he could do some Salahesque damage

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

I'm not even convinced his name is Pep tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Benimar wrote:

They don't have a replacement for Sane either, I think he's just as vital. They'd probably play 352 instead if he was missing just like they did midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

PVA wrote: »
    I'm not even convinced his name is Pep tbh

Eh, you would be correct to be suspicious of our friend Josep Guardiola Sala :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Sane now available again after illness

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Sane now available again after illness

But could potentially miss out as if he gets booked he'll miss the game against Man United the week later.

Wouldn't prefer Sane to miss the United game tbh, he'll need to miss a game at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Benimar wrote:

They don't have a replacement for Sane either, I think he's just as vital. They'd probably play 352 instead if he was missing just like they did midweek.

It was 433 midweek with jesus on the left and didnt work at all. Sane starts if fit he is crucial and wednesday showed that. Yellow or no yellow he starts he can be rested for cl in mid week if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

It's a head scratcher alright. IMO Pep will play a defensive side against Man u, he can afford a draw.
    West ham are there for the taking and Sane has had his rest

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sane has missed 3 games recently the 0 0 against wolves, the 1 0 against feyenoord and the game the other night. In all 3 games city didn't really click. Can't see him missing out but will possibly get taken off early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I think it's too far away from the cut off point for 5 yellows to be resting players for fear of a 5th yellow.
    If it was 1 game away I could understand not playing Sane to ensure they have him for United match as they can quite comfortably manage West ham without him but do they then rest him again against Swansea so he'll be able to play against spurs the next game??

You're then missing 2 games to avoid a 1 game ban. Kind of not really logical.

I do think they'd need him more v United away than against spurs at home so it is possible he could be kept as back up on bench tomorrow and only brought on if needed or else as busts said, brought off early.

1 thing is for sure though, if he's not booked in the next 3 games he'll be booked against spurs so he can sit out the league cup quarter final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I think it's too far away from the cut off point for 5 yellows to be resting players for fear of a 5th yellow.
    If it was 1 game away I could understand not playing Sane to ensure they have him for United match as they can quite comfortably manage West ham without him but do they then rest him again against Swansea so he'll be able to play against spurs the next game??

You're then missing 2 games to avoid a 1 game ban. Kind of not really logical.

I do think they'd need him more v United away than against spurs at home so it is possible he could be kept as back up on bench tomorrow and only brought on if needed or else as busts said, brought off early.

1 thing is for sure though, if he's not booked in the next 3 games he'll be booked against spurs so he can sit out the league cup quarter final.

Rest him this game, play him against Man United and pick up a yellow card,miss the Swansea game, free to play the Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

It's a head scratcher alright. IMO Pep will play a defensive side against Man u, he can afford a draw.

Not a hope he plays defense against Jose,he hasnt in any game this season even away to Napoli he went for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Stop trying to second guess Pep. Just stop

Matip is out till the new year. Gomez, klavan , lovren should all benefit.

Klavan could be fantastic value now
    He will be coming in for either bavies or naughton for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

km79 wrote: »
    Klavan could be fantastic value now
    He will be coming in for either bavies or naughton for me

I’ll probably do Gomez to Klavan tonight if he starts for Liverpool. Got Tomkins In yesterday at 4.3 and Klavan at 4.3 will have given me .4 itb to play with elsewhere.

Defense will be
    4.6 Mee
    4.4 Dunk
    4.3 Klavan
    4.3 Tomkins
    5.7 Otamendi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Not sure how reliable anfield express is on Twitter these days but they posted late last night that Robertson was starting today.

Earlier in the day they posted the back 4 was "likely" to be TAA, Gomez, klavan, Moreno.

Does Robertson starting (if true) mean in place of Moreno or can either Moreno or Robertson slot in elsewhere.

(I'm looking at maybe klavan in for jones)

Not sure how reliable anfield express is on Twitter these days but they posted late last night that Robertson was starting today.

Earlier in the day they posted the back 4 was "likely" to be TAA, Gomez, klavan, Moreno.

Does Robertson starting (if true) mean in place of Moreno or can either Moreno or Robertson slot in elsewhere.

In place of Moreno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not quite Guardiola's style. Think he'll rather go all out for it and try give a "manita" to his best enemy ;)

• Advertisement

Has to be ahead of moreno if true. The only way klavan doesn't play is if Taa plays rb and CBS are Gomez and lovren.

Advertisement