Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

“Ben Mee took a knock and had a couple of stitches just above the knee. It's wait and see."

Read more at: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/brady-surgery-a-success-1-8898689

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    “Ben Mee took a knock and had a couple of stitches just above the knee. It's wait and see."

Read more at: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/clarets/brady-surgery-a-success-1-8898689
    Just came on to post this
    It’s a tough enough choice between himself, Daniels and naughton for my 3rd spot this week
    So tough I’m cosidering playing 2 of them and benching sane ......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

km79 wrote: »
    Just came on to post this
    It’s a tough enough choice between himself, Daniels and naughton for my 3rd spot this week
    So tough I’m cosidering playing 2 of them and benching sane ......

I wouldn't consider that imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Do we think or know if Tomkins is back this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'll be shocked if he isn't out for atleast 2 weeks with ligament damage.

Looks like you're right.

Klopp on Moreno injury: “We’re not sure what it is yet. It’s around the tendon. We have to make further assessment. It could be one week or it could be a couple of weeks”.

Having had similar injuries I can't see him playing at least the next 2 games so I'll be selling.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Looks like you're right.

Klopp on Moreno injury: “We’re not sure what it is yet. It’s around the tendon. We have to make further assessment. It could be one week or it could be a couple of weeks”.

Having had similar injuries I can't see him playing at least the next 2 games so I'll be selling.

Even a week is 3 gameweeks so if ya have him may need to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Moreno will be out until the New Year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mustafi ruled out of Southampton trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Phil Jones available (for a couple of weeks until he breaks again anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

David Silva is fit and 'will play'.

• Advertisement

@BenDinnery: No sign of Coutinho either. #LFC

Big Gulp. Deep Breath. No. Need. To. Panic.

#FPLnightmare https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/939138736016814081

Jones is back

@DiscoMirror: As reported by @MirrorFootball yesterday, Mourinho confirmed Zlatan and Jones are available for Sunday's derby, while a late decision to be made on Fellaini #MUFC #MCFC https://twitter.com/mirrorfootball/status/938900288253067265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well looks like I shouldn't worry too much about which starting 11 to pick again. I'll get who I get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dsmythy wrote: »
    Well looks like I shouldn't worry too much about which starting 11 to pick again. I'll get who I get!

Lol'd. Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

@BenDinnery: No sign of Coutinho either. #LFC

Big Gulp. Deep Breath. No. Need. To. Panic.

#FPLnightmare https://twitter.com/JackSear/status/939138736016814081

Coutinho took a bang in the first half the other night for that penalty shout that wasn't given. Wasn't moving freely for a bit after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For Fuchs sake
    Going moratta route instead of hazard for Chelsea attack is being punished and punished bad already

I'll have 2 FT midweek and I'll rectify that if moratta is injured
    Who to get in will be the problem!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Any more news about Salah having a back issue?

Salah or Hazard for captain?

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Any more news about Salah having a back issue?

Salah or Hazard for captain?
    (think I just answered my own question 🙂)

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dyche states that Ben Mee "will have a chance" of returning for Burnley's meeting with Stoke on Tuesday. Matt Lowton is described as "touch and go."

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Marco Silva on Kiko Femenia's injury - "It's a small problem. There is some fatigue because he's played plenty of games in a row. I hope he's OK for Tuesday, but I don't know." http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marco-silva-gives-update-kikos-903373

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Paully D wrote: »
    Dyche states that Ben Mee "will have a chance" of returning for Burnley's meeting with Stoke on Tuesday. Matt Lowton is described as "touch and go."

Lowton is beginning to annoy me now. (Not him personally, his injury)
    I kept him because each time he had a chance of making the game so I assumed if he didn't he'd be back for the next one. He's missed 3 now and this would be 4 and then their futures turn. If they'd ruled him out a bit longer 3 games ago I'd have got tarkowski in for him.
    Probably get rid now and bank the .1 as if he missed out I have naughton v city coming in.

ðŸ | #watfordfc confirms that an appeal is being lodged against the red card issued to Marvin Zeegelaar at Burnley on Saturday. https://t.co/B19ORC96zv

Sean Dyche says Matt Lowton is close but the defender is “improbable” for a return against Stoke on Tuesday night. Late decision to be taken on Ben Mee. #twitterclarets

Midweek transfers going to be tricky now
    Needed certainty on mee
    Will probably sell Bavies now instead of chancing one More game with high chance of clean sheet

Silva: "Britos is more difficult to play tomorrow but we'll see what happens. Kiko is a matter of days. His injury is nothing special, he has some fatigue as well. We need to be 100% sure they can play”. https://t.co/71E143AsvB

May just get Mariappa now

Conte: "A lot of players are playing a lot of games - that means someone is a bit tired. I have to find the best solution and not to lose the balance."

Moratta ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Oddschanger‏
    @Oddschanger
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Yannick Bolasie has returned to action for Everton U23s, following a year out with a serious knee injury. ����

Silva: "Britos is more difficult to play tomorrow but we'll see what happens. Kiko is a matter of days. His injury is nothing special, he has some fatigue as well. We need to be 100% sure they can play”. https://t.co/71E143AsvB

May just get Mariappa now

Conte: "A lot of players are playing a lot of games - that means someone is a bit tired. I have to find the best solution and not to lose the balance."

Moratta ......

Morata is definetly getting a rest or a ban soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Morata is definetly getting a rest or a ban soon.

Alonso nailed on to be benched tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Alonso nailed on to be benched tomorrow

He didn’t play CL last week so I’d say he is nailed on to play.

AdpRo wrote: »
    He didn’t play CL last week so I’d say he is nailed on to play.

I think with moses fit and zappacosta able to play left side he will miss out the odd time from now on.

• Advertisement

@BenDinnery: Silva on Richarlison: "We need to manage him if we feel he's too tired. He doesn’t look tired but we cannot expect a player with his skills to play at a high level all the time, it is not possible. We need to take care of him, as he’s 20 years old." #watfordfc
    Fack

Advertisement