Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    @BenDinnery: Silva on Richarlison: "We need to manage him if we feel he's too tired. He doesn’t look tired but we cannot expect a player with his skills to play at a high level all the time, it is not possible. We need to take care of him, as he’s 20 years old." #watfordfc
    Fack

Fook that! He was going to be my Ramsey replacement. Speaking of whom, any concrete news on his injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can't wait to have Daniels and Duffy subbing in this week with their respective fixtures...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    @BenDinnery: Silva on Richarlison: "We need to manage him if we feel he's too tired. He doesn’t look tired but we cannot expect a player with his skills to play at a high level all the time, it is not possible. We need to take care of him, as he’s 20 years old." #watfordfc
    Fack

He's only 20 and no European football, **** does he need a rest for

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Conte considers rotation: "A lot of players are playing a lot of games - that means someone is a bit tired. I have to find the best solution and not to lose the balance." #CFC

Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms that #Cedric has resumed full training ahead of LCFC

Sean Dyche says Matt #Lowton is close but the defender is “improbable” for a return against Stoke on Tuesday night. Late decision to be taken on Ben #Mee.

At his pre-match press conference, ahead of Tuesday’s home match against Watford, Roy Hodgson announced that Mamadou #Sakho is set for a period out of action with the injury sustained in Saturday’s draw.

Wagué could return to the matchday squad as #Britos and #Feminía are struggling to make the match at Selhurst Park. "We’ll try with them," said Silva. "Miguel is more difficult to play. Kiko is a matter of days. His injury is nothing special, he has some fatigue as well"

Aaron #Ramsey looks set for another spell on the sidelines after Arsene Wenger confirmed the Wales international picked up a hamstring injury during the 1-1 draw with Southampton.

DW: “ #vanLaParra will be back in the squad. Before his suspension he made some big steps offensively and defensively. He has something to prove.” #htafc (AT)

Silva on #Richarlison: "We need to manage him if we feel he's too tired. He doesn’t look tired but we cannot expect a player with his skills to play at a high level all the time, it is not possible. We need to take care of him, as he’s 20 years old."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^^
    Thanks for summarising all that...even if it makes for rather painful reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lots of reports that morata is out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ojharbord/status/940347967914905600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lucas Hood wrote: »

CSF had the inside scoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He is reaching Diego Costa levels of annoyance now
    Probably come back Saturday and get his fifth booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morata seems to be gonzo for the Huddersfield game if you believe Conte. Probably my excuse to squeeze Hazard in somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Aguero back for a hit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wondering how close Coleman is to a return

manual_man wrote: »
    Wondering how close Coleman is to a return

Hasn’t even got a run with u23’s yet.

I’d guess another 4 weeks before he’s in contention for a place on the bench.

Edit - and with them having Kenny, Holgate, and to a lesser extent Martina, I doubt they will in any way rush him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Alonso nailed on to be benched tomorrow

Unlikely IMO.

Didn't play CL. Played 54 minutes on Saturday as he'd gotten booked.

There's always a chance, but I think Alonso got his rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

At least I’ll get Calvert-Lewin off the bench with no Morata.

A full, playing squad is so important at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Aguero back for a hit?

Don't, I have him and he's wrecking both my head and team.

Ramsey and Mustafi confirmed out. No word on future Ramsey games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Morata 0% on fpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

IMO, we must all remember something.

outside of Klopp and Guardiola's strikers, there isn't that much rotation that happens. we struggle with this every year, and second guess who will be rested and who won't. most teams play the majority of their best team as often as possible.

the Carabao Cup will give a lot of players their rest next week.

there generally just isn't that much rotation. any changes in the PL are usually due to injury.

just get your 14 or 15 players who are regular starters, play the best team you can for the fixtures on that GW, and don't worry.

Honestly. Outside of Klopp's madness and Guardiola's strikers, it's generally predictable enough. Hazard missing that game last week was a complete anomaly IMO, because Alonso had played the same amount of games and didn't get a rest. Same with Morata.

Now, I could look a fool over the next 2 evenings when they all rotate like mad. But it really doesn't happen that often, even over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Zeegalar appeal rejected.

SlickRic wrote: »
    IMO, we must all remember something.

outside of Klopp and Guardiola's strikers, there isn't that much rotation that happens. we struggle with this every year, and second guess who will be rested and who won't. most teams play the majority of their best team as often as possible.

the Carabao Cup will give a lot of players their rest next week.

there generally just isn't that much rotation. any changes in the PL are usually due to injury.

just get your 14 or 15 players who are regular starters, play the best team you can for the fixtures on that GW, and don't worry.

Honestly. Outside of Klopp's madness and Guardiola's strikers, it's generally predictable enough. Hazard missing that game last week was a complete anomaly IMO, because Alonso had played the same amount of games and didn't get a rest. Same with Morata.

Now, I could look a fool over the next 2 evenings when they all rotate like mad. But it really doesn't happen that often, even over Christmas.

Not really
    Liverpool defence , Spurs defence , United central defenders, Chelsea defence , , richarlson going to miss a game at least , Austin the same , Bournemouth strikers etc etc
    There will be rotation and a full squad and a bit of luck will be needed

• Advertisement

Wenger says Ramsey will be out for a "short period". Whatever that means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SlickRic wrote: »
    Almost every player will be rotated once over the Christmas break IMO. You just have to roll with it and hope no more than 2/3 of your players will be rotated at the same time.

Attacking midfielders and forwards are the most at risk, and they're the ones we invest most in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

dsmythy wrote: »

Who would slot in for him? Probably to be avoided, but wondering if there might be some short term value.

Sounds like there will be carnage tonight, similar to last midweek.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Who would slot in for him? Probably to be avoided, but wondering if there might be some short term value.

Wilshere might if he's fit. IF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

dsmythy wrote: »

Well I'd reorganise the whole attack to get Walcott in that team :P:confused:

Little chance of that happening though.

Possibly a reshuffle with iwobi coming in ?

@BenDinnery: "Rojo is a brave guy. I don't know - let's see if he can be ready for the match. but if he's not, we have other alternatives to play."

Referenced Phil Jones. "The injury is behind [him] and hopefully he can stay fit." #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Alder out until February. Probably best avoiding Spurs defenders 'til then

Benitez: “Jamaal Lascelles was nearly there (on Saturday). Having players with character and personality when things aren’t going wrong is good. I haven’t picked the team yet”. https://t.co/cewGfx4I3Z

• Advertisement

@BenPearceSpurs: #thfc Pochettino says Erik Lamela has a chance of starting tomorrow: "“Maybe. I still haven’t decided. I am going to decide today for tomorrow. But yes, he has a chance maybe to play from the start against Brighton tomorrow.”

Advertisement