Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    @BenPearceSpurs: #thfc Pochettino says Erik Lamela has a chance of starting tomorrow: "“Maybe. I still haven’t decided. I am going to decide today for tomorrow. But yes, he has a chance maybe to play from the start against Brighton tomorrow.”

Thank **** I didn't sign Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

siblers wrote: »

Son is the definition of the fpl troll: never know when he's going to play, but when he does he often hogs the points from other Spurs attackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

siblers wrote: »

There's always a chance but I'd expect both Son & Lamela to play. With Eriksen or Dele getting a rest.

Son has arguably been our best and most effective player in the last month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

When I see Son and willian being signed by experienced players I can never understand . giroud as well. They are not first choice and will not be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

When I see Son and willian being signed by experienced players I can never understand . giroud as well. They are not first choice and will not be

3 nice options for the draft game over Christmas though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:

I would consider Son first choice at the moment, he's played 7 of the last 9. Since he destroyed Liverpool he's been very impressive. It's the people with Aguero and Jesus still in their teams I don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Son is a great punt if you know you're taking him out in a week or 2. Nothing more.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I would consider Son first choice at the moment, he's played 7 of the last 9. Since he destroyed Liverpool he's been very impressive. It's the people with Aguero and Jesus still in their teams I don't understand.

How many has he started ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Started 7 of those but in 3 of those games he got taken off at 61, 68 and 76 mins.

76 mins isn't too bad I guess but ideally I'd like my players to be playing at least 80 mijns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:

I meant started 7 out of the last 9. I think he'll play most weeks while Alderweireld is out injured generally against the weaker sides too which is when you want him playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I meant started 7 out of the last 9. I think he'll play most weeks while Alderweireld is out injured generally against the weaker sides too which is when you want him playing.

Ye I think alder being out means 4231 is used more which benefits son

@JamesPearceEcho Klopp: “I took Mo Salah off because he had a hamstring a little bit. Then everyone said ‘how can you take him off?’ and stuff like this. I don’t go out and say ‘yeah, but he is close to being injured.' He is not at the moment, thank God. Hopefully we took him off early enough.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There’s just an inevitability that big players are going to be rested at times with the crazy fixture schedule over this period.

The only solution is to have 15 starters, accept that players like Naughton and Duffy are going to have to come in with 1 pointers (or the odd sneaky clean sheet) for your big hitters at times, ride it out and take the double figure hauls from the likes of Salah the other 7 weeks out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Any word on Mustafi? He's going to drop tonight and not sure whether to hold in case he's ok for the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Reid suspended for next West Ham game - 5 yellows.

@BenDinnery: Mourinho says Eric Bailly's injury is "serious" and the United defender may require surgery. #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Was Morata injured or rested last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Was Morata injured or rested last night?

Conte said he was tired and had a niggle in his back. So both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

dsmythy wrote: »
    Conte said he was tired and had a niggle in his back. So both.
    OK thanks, I want to get him back in but if he was to not start I'd be screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

eoghan104 wrote: »
    OK thanks, I want to get him back in but if he was to not start I'd be screwed!

Injured, tired and on 4 yellows, I would avoid like the plague to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

Any fresh info on Ward, Richarlison or morata? Who would ye expect to start at the weekend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

spindex wrote: »
    Any fresh info on Ward, Richarlison or morata? Who would ye expect to start at the weekend ?

No word on Ward anyway. I wouldn't expect him to start but I'll have him on my pitch anyway because I have bigger problems to sort first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From the BBC
    Defenders Ben Mee and Matt Lowton could both return to the Burnley squad for the trip to Brighton after both recovered from injury.

Sean Dyche says an assessment on Stephen Ward's knee injury will be made on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Welcome back Ben. Thank fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

spindex wrote: »

Only this from 12/12/17:

Richarlison is an early doubt for Saturday's game against Huddersfield. The Brazilian was replaced late on due to an apparent groin problem.
    Cleverly will definitely miss out after receiving his marching orders. #watfordfc

and this today:

Morata has been pictured training with the group this week.
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/941330853329764352
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRBK_bTXcAAB0zL.jpg:large

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tKhloCN.png

Snapshot of those near suspensions. Well owned players in bold. (Meant to bold Duffy too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Only relevant till December 31st then they would need 10 for a ban.

Advertisement