Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

No doubt in my mind moratta and sane will both get booked the same week
    Probably the week before spurs have no fixture

@BenDinnery: Adam Lallana has returned to full training. Simon Mignolet is over the ankle injury which restricted him to a place on the bench midweek. Joe Gomez picked up a minor knock "but should be okay" #LFC
    @BenDinnery: Robertson and Milner are also carrying minor knocks but they should be okay. #LFC

Conte on Luiz knee injury: "It's important to assess the situation day by day, but I don't know when he's able to come back with us" https://t.co/M9drhlHPQR

Christy owners got a right bargain
    I of course went with the ultra secure Azpi who promptly got rested

Conte on Morata: "He is better and he trained with us two days ago and also today. He has this pain in his back but he is in contention for tomorrow's game”. https://t.co/qQnPDqcdfM

Sigh . Won’t play 90 . Can’t captain him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

tKhloCN.png

Snapshot of those near suspensions. Well owned players in bold. (Meant to bold Duffy too)
    PRobably worth pointing out that suspensions count for League Cup, so if Morata, Sane, Sanchez, Alonso get booked this week, they won't miss a league game.

But I'm sure none of them have considered that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any word on Ramsey, he's extended out till 3rd Jan on the FPL now - was there something official out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any word on Ramsey, he's extended out till 3rd Jan on the FPL now - was there something official out?

Wenger ruled him out for 3 weeks this morning.

Paul Pogba is still suspended - serves the final game of his three-match ban. "The injured players [from Wednesday] are still injured [Carrick / Fellaini./ Rojo / Carrick / Bailly], but we don’t have new injuries. The same group from the other day." #MUFC

Good for jones

BBC state that Richarlison is available for Watford's encounter with Huddersfield Town https://t.co/fE3cWtKtLo

My captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    BBC state that Richarlison is available for Watford's encounter with Huddersfield Town https://t.co/fE3cWtKtLo

My captain

Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to start though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Gomez Yellow flagged on site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

km79 wrote: »
    Paul Pogba is still suspended - serves the final game of his three-match ban. "The injured players [from Wednesday] are still injured [Carrick / Fellaini./ Rojo / Carrick / Bailly], but we don’t have new injuries. The same group from the other day." #MUFC

Good for jones

Does Carrick have 2 injuries ??

Doesn't mean he's guaranteed to start though.

I know but I don’t care at this stage
    It has stopped being fun so I’m allowing myself this bit of fun
    If it doesn’t work out so be it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    I know but I don’t care at this stage It has stopped being fun so I’m allowing myself this bit of fun If it doesn’t work out so be it !

He's a good pick this week, I think he's due a big score soon as he's been unlucky lately, Deeney practically missed an open net the other night from his pass. Also Huddersfield are awful, they've lost their last 5 away games by an aggregate of 16-0 so that's another good reason to pick him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Silva said: "Richarlison is ok to play tomorrow. Of course, in the moment with a lot of games in a row, fatigue is normal, but he has none.

"Kiko Femenia is out for tomorrow, and the others continue in the same situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PRobably worth pointing out that suspensions count for League Cup, so if Morata, Sane, Sanchez, Alonso get booked this week, they won't miss a league game.

Thanks for providing me with weekend bets.

Brilliant shout
    I have both but Will accept the bookings if it’s neans not being suspended in league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thanks for providing me with weekend bets.

What kinda odds are you getting for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

What kinda odds are you getting for that.
    It wouldn't let me do 2 players in the same game so I just did morata, Sanchez and sane at 25/1 on Sky bet.
    Might be better odds if you shop around but it took me so long to find them all I wasn't going to another site :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Last season,I spent about 10 gameweeks waiting for Costa to get his 5th booking. It never came. It cost me a shedload of points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It wouldn't let me do 2 players in the same game so I just did morata, Sanchez and sane at 25/1 on Sky bet.
    Might be better odds if you shop around but it took me so long to find them all I wasn't going to another site :D

Www.oddschecker.com is your friend. I haven't been home since yesterday so going to check when I'm back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Www.oddschecker.com is your friend. I haven't been home since yesterday so going to check when I'm back

I got it at 30/1 with Paddy this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ScummyMan wrote:
    I got it at 30/1 with Paddy this morning

I only got 25/1 with them, the **nuts.

Morata not starting messes up my bet as if he comes on for any of the game the bet will count.

It'll be settled on the other 2 at about 8/1 if morata doesn't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Having watched MOTD, will there be any retroactive punishment for Tarkowski's elbow ?

think they said something ben mee did too that went unnoticed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rikand wrote: »
    Having watched MOTD, will there be any retroactive punishment for Tarkowski's elbow ?

think they said something ben mee did too that went unnoticed

My guess would be yes, it's a clear deliberate aggressive elbow (not jumping in the air), and the ref missed it at the time.

So I would think that's surely a 3 game ban incoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Morzadec wrote: »
    My guess would be yes, it's a clear deliberate aggressive elbow (not jumping in the air), and the ref missed it at the time.

So I would think that's surely a 3 game ban incoming

Mmmm more Long time

Little theory here regarding a possible upcoming Morata suspension:

Alonso got deliberately booked at the end of the Soton game in order to miss the League Cup tie. Morata could have tried something similar but didn't. He's just back from a minor injury too, so I would suggest he starts in Carabao cup midweek.

If he does Conte may well go back to Hazard up top against Everton so maybe he'll ask Morata to pick up a booking midweek and have him suspension free and fresh for the very busy Xmas period.

A lot of speculation and possible overthinking here but I'd be worried about Morata starting against Everton

Alonso got deliberately booked at the end of the Soton game in order to miss the League Cup tie. Morata could have tried something similar but didn't. He's just back from a minor injury too, so I would suggest he starts in Carabao cup midweek.

If he does Conte may well go back to Hazard up top against Everton so maybe he'll ask Morata to pick up a booking midweek and have him suspension free and fresh for the very busy Xmas period.

A lot of speculation and possible overthinking here but I'd be worried about Morata starting against Everton

It's def over thinking. There's only 3 games left before the threshold.
    I don't see the logic in deliberately getting a suspension to miss a league game and edging himself slightly closer to the 10 bookings and 2 game ban when there's a good chance he won't get any suspension before new year.
    I'd understand the logic if he had a league game against city, United, spurs eye that they absolutely needed him for but Everton is def their toughest of the 3 upcoming league games and the one they'd need him most for.

If that happens I'll be selling him and not kane
    May have to bring in hazard then instead of second city mid too

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    It's def over thinking. There's only 3 games left before the threshold.
    I don't see the logic in deliberately getting a suspension to miss a league game and edging himself slightly closer to the 10 bookings and 2 game ban when there's a good chance he won't get any suspension before new year.
    I'd understand the logic if he had a league game against city, United, spurs eye that they absolutely needed him for but Everton is def their toughest of the 3 upcoming league games and the one they'd need him most for.

Yeah good points.

Think I'm just trying to convince myself that I need to sell him, take an 8 point hit and bring in 2 City mids :D

Advertisement