Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Salah was in Egypt doing promotional work for Vodafone going by his Instagram. What has become of my life.

2 days before a game ......with a dodgy hamstring....... not going to play is he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are Salah and Mane not supposed to be somewhere in Africa for the African football awards the day before the Everton clash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    2 days before a game ......with a dodgy hamstring....... not going to play is he

I think we will know before the deadline Liverpool team or a bit of team news regularly gets leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Salah was in Egypt doing promotional work for Vodafone going by his Instagram. What has become of my life.

I’m not sure he was. He is the new ‘face’ of Vodafone in Egypt, but those photos could have been taken anywhere, and at any time to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Well demeri gray was "investigated" for his one last night and was inexplicably cleared
    And pogba is a dirty foreigner ........

Pogba is high profile though.

It's only low grade dirty fordiners who are high risk... I'll never forgive them for halting my Niasse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well demeri gray was "investigated" for his one last night and was inexplicably cleared
    And pogba is a dirty foreigner ........

Pogba didn't win a penalty did he? So no followup possible. The offence is 'successfully deceiving a match official'.

Anything on Defoe ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anything on Defoe ?

Howe thinks he has ligament damage.

eh i dunno wrote: »

Shįtballs.

FHFC wrote: »
    Pogba didn't win a penalty did he? So no followup possible. The offence is 'successfully deceiving a match official'.

He won a free which they scored from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

David Silva back in training yesterday according to city forums

Howe said the loss of Defoe to an ankle injury is a "huge blow" while problems for King [hamstring], Daniels [groin] and Arter [calf] mean #AFCB are beginning to look a little stretched. "We have a no. of players back home who are injured so we hope none of them are too serious.”

Looks like Wilson will get his palace back so the flute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Anyone know when we will hear news of Tarkowski?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

AdpRo wrote: »
    Anyone know when we will hear news of Tarkowski?

They had till 6pm Tuesday to respond to it. Fact we haven't heard anything yet suggests to me they appealed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anything on Defoe ?

eh i dunno wrote:

Shįtballs.

No, it's ligament damage apparently.

BREAKING: Tarkowski To Miss Three Games

https://t.co/3RvEqeSmGZ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

km79 wrote:
    BREAKING: Tarkowski To Miss Three Games

Hello Kevin Long

Hello Kevin Long

Spurs , Man utd & Huddersfield next 3 for them. Not sure it's worth it.

Caretaker boss Leon Britton rules himself out of the game against Crystal Palace. He has "a bit of a calf injury at the moment." Wilfried Bony [hamstring] is hoping to return before the end of the year. #Swans

Jesus I don’t realize he was in charge
    I’m tempted to play both rlc and zaha now

• Advertisement

Just confirmed by the Echo that he didn’t go to Egypt.

Benimar wrote: »

So why didn’t he train ........hhhhmmmmmm

So why didn’t he train ........hhhhmmmmmm

Apparently he did take part in ‘preparation’ for the Arsenal game, last night.

Echo don’t seem to think there is any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Ward looks to be out for a few more games.

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/943844062813151233

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He won a free which they scored from

Ah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Femenia won't be involved this weekend. Still injured as said in Watford press conference today.

Also Will Hughes has a chance at returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Spurs , Man utd & Huddersfield next 3 for them. Not sure it's worth it.

Possibly if just as a cash enabler and someone you know will start if needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:

The Tallaght echo? How odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

scotchy wrote: »
    Ward looks to be out for a few more games.

https://twitter.com/BurnleyOfficial/status/943844062813151233

I reckon I was gonna bench him for the next two so I may just hold onto him and save the the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Sean Dyche confirms that Stephen #Ward is likely to miss the next two games with a knee injury.
    James #Tarkowski will miss Burnley’s next three matches after he was charged with violent conduct.

“#Bony’s got a hamstring strain, it will be about seven to 10 days so we will see how we go. Maybe he has an outside chance of Watford but that might be pushing it.”

RH: We're without #Benteke, he's suspended. It's a pity as he's found his feet again over the last couple of games. He's the only new one on the list. Ward is still recovering and the other longer term ones are out. Punch is available.

Hodgson hints that #Sako will replace Benteke. "In training sessions I've seen a completely different person in Bakary to the one I saw when I came in. He's taken on a new position and is working very hard on that move to centre-forward, worked very hard on his fitness."

AP: “Matty #Phillips and Nacer #Chadli have both trained which is good news for us.”

Joel #Matip and Daniel #Sturridge remain doubts for Liverpool's trip to Arsenal on Friday, but Jürgen Klopp expects Adam #Lallana to be fit after his bright cameo against AFC Bournemouth.
    “Unfortunately #Moreno is still not even on the pitch so that could still take a few weeks.”

Tom #Cleverley returns from a one-match suspension.
    Abdoulaye #Doucouré is banned having collected his fifth booking of the season against Huddersfield. Similarly, Troy #Deeney and Marvin #Zeegelaar remain sidelined after their respective red cards. The Brighton game will come too soon for Kiko #Femenía [hamstring].
    Will #Hughes [hamstring] could make a surprise return ahead of schedule. "He’ll work one more session and we’ll see how he reacts. He worked with the team this AM in a full session and he feels OK. Tomorrow we’ll take a decision but looks like he can make [it].”

Advertisement