Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    If he is fatigued I'd say he won't play next game
    Look at the amount of hamstring injuries over weekend
    All down to fatigue

I may be way off the Boil here. But what big players got hamstring injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I may be way off the Boil here. But what big players got hamstring injuries?

Not necessarily big players but I watched 2 games live yday and 2 different players pulled hamstring
    Gueye for Everton
    Simpson for Leicester

Watched highlights of Southampton
    Austin

So 3 games 3 players

I’ll be suprised if kdb starts

In other news Kyle naughton is a doubt. Probably be a few relying on him to make 11 with rotation
    Naughton will be assessed ahead of the trip to Anfield after suffering a groin injury during the 1-1 draw with Palace. Mesa [knee] also faces a late test along with Leroy Fer [back] who was injured at Goodison Park. Bony [hamstring] and Ki [calf] are definitely ruled out. #Swans

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not necessarily big players but I watched 2 games live yday and 2 different players pulled hamstring
    Gueye for Everton
    Simpson for Leicester

Austin

So 3 games 3 players

In other news Kyle naughton is a doubt. Probably be a few relying on him to make 11 with rotation
    Naughton will be assessed ahead of the trip to Anfield after suffering a groin injury during the 1-1 draw with Palace. Mesa [knee] also faces a late test along with Leroy Fer [back] who was injured at Goodison Park. Bony [hamstring] and Ki [calf] are definitely ruled out. #Swans

Naughton, femenia , ward, Simpson, Daniels was my back 5 3 gws ago. All 5 have got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Fer Fuchs Mee in Niasse again so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Gueye for Everton
    Simpson for Leicester

Austin

So 3 games 3 players

Smalling had a groin injury too in the Utd-Leicester game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If he is fatigued I'd say he won't play next game
    Look at the amount of hamstring injuries over weekend
    All down to fatigue

City play Wednesday night and Sunday lunchtime, which is a fairly ‘normal’ schedule. It’s the home game to Watford the following Tuesday that could see rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    City play Wednesday night and Sunday lunchtime, which is a fairly ‘normal’ schedule. It’s the home game to Watford the following Tuesday that could see rotation.

Ye I reckon full strength city team wed. Palace away one of aguero/Jesus sane/sterling gundogan/silva .Watford at home the roles will be reversed. Same will happen with liverpool. Rashford/martial etc.Its why the free hit is a decent option even though I'm not planning on playing it then now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rotation rotation rotation...

Finding it impossible to get any clear information on Valencia.

Jose just saying he has no idea how bad it is which is obviously a huge lie.

So when Jose lies is it to cover a bigger injury or does it mean he’s fine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Finding it impossible to get any clear information on Valencia.

Jose just saying he has no idea how bad it is which is obviously a huge lie.

So when Jose lies is it to cover a bigger injury or does it mean he’s fine ?

Usually it means they'll be back quicker than expected (e.g. Jones a couple of times) but it's risky to rely on this (Pogba missed a few weeks when Jose "didn't know")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

That seems to suggest that Jose genuinely doesn't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Is Rooney going to be ok to play tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any press conferences going on today lads??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Do we have some news about Daniels? I precisely kept him over the Xmas period for his run of 3 upcoming games but if he's out...

iroced wrote: »
    Do we have some news about Daniels? I precisely kept him over the Xmas period for his run of 3 upcoming games but if he's out...

Same as that !
    I’m keeping him as I’m on -4
    First defensive sub is Mariappa who has a decent game but won’t start
    Then it’s mee away to United
    Not worth a further -4 especially as Daniels may play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

First defensive sub is Mariappa who has a decent game but won’t start
    Why that? Have I missed something?

-

I may give in and get Klavan in instead. I suppose with Mattip & Moreno out, he's safe enough....

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

iroced wrote: »
    Why that? Have I missed something?

-

I may give in and get Klavan in instead. I suppose with Mattip & Moreno out, he's safe enough....

Matip is back and available for selection.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285208-liverpool-v-swansea-team-news

May not start against Swansea but after that ...

@BenDinnery: Seamus Coleman is "still way off" according to Sam Allardyce and it could be around March / April before Funes Mori is back with the group. #EFC

I'll be getting Kenny in for Mariappa at some point

Monreal out for 10 days . Ramsey and giroud mid January

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Monreal out for 10 days . Ramsey and giroud mid January

10 days!!!! I've been destroyed with injuries the last week.

Dyche admits Stephen Ward is still struggling to be fit in time for Burnley's trip to Huddersfield https://t.co/cTNPeuKRQ5

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Howe: "I will have to make quite a few late calls on a number of players ahead of this one, whether they return for this game, the next game or in two games time". https://goo.gl/jvTdZJ
    He is beginning to annoy me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rooney is available but may not play 90 mins.

Looks like no definite news on Daniels now either way
    Pain in the arse

Will wait till after 1030pm tonight to decide on transfers . Want to make sure Jones turns up at united hotel first !

@FFScout: Anthony Martial pictured in training for Man United ahead of Southampton clash https://goo.gl/eRMV86

Mata rotation risk HIGH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any word on Smalling?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any word on Smalling?

Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

DEAR GOD WHY
    WHYYYYYYYYYy
    No way he plays most of both games now

Looking on the positive side though he would have missed this weekend otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Lol what a nightmare season,every week mad decisions to be made, lot of luck needed.
    Good craic all the same. Fair play to Poch all the same, saving a triple captain there.

Advertisement