Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

De gea Jones and Matic rested for united tonight
    I think that underlines how important Jones is to mourinho

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

“Marko has got two tight hamstrings,” Moyes said. “Neither of them are pulled. He only really felt them the morning of the Tottenham game. He is too important to us with the games we have coming up to risk him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/05/david-moyes-joe-hart-premier-league-west-ham

I've just transferred Arnie in :eek:

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If Arnie is out for any length I’ll prob transfer him to Gros to allow me to upgrade someone to Stones

“Marko has got two tight hamstrings,” Moyes said. “Neither of them are pulled. He only really felt them the morning of the Tottenham game. He is too important to us with the games we have coming up to risk him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/05/david-moyes-joe-hart-premier-league-west-ham

Oh dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Haven’t read a whole lot into it bar hearing it from a few friends but is Firmino facing a ban for an apparent racial slur? Can’t seem to find anything from the FA or any unbiased opinion online!

• Advertisement

Haven’t read a whole lot into it bar hearing it from a few friends but is Firmino facing a ban for an apparent racial slur? Can’t seem to find anything from the FA or any unbiased opinion online!

The fa are investigating allegations made by holgate
    But it appears that Firmino only called him a rude name but not a racially offensive one
    Dont think anything will come of it myself
    Maybe a disrepute charge and fine /warning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    The fa are investigating allegations made by holgate
    But it appears that Firmino only called him a rude name but not a racially offensive one
    Dont think anything will come of it myself
    Maybe a disrepute charge and fine /warning

There is allegations that something was said that the camera didn't pick up. Whatever the result it is a very tricky situation for the FA and I'd expect a charge of some sort for both with a ban for sure 2/3 games for Firmino imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    There is allegations that something was said that the camera didn't pick up. Whatever the result it is a very tricky situation for the FA and I'd expect a charge of some sort for both with a ban for sure 2/3 games for Firmino imo.

There would have to be footage of this or an official would have to have heard it. It seems to me like the BBC pundits at HT with their speculation have whipped the social media world into a frenzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There would have to be footage of this or an official would have to have heard it. It seems to me like the BBC pundits at HT with their speculation have whipped the social media world into a frenzy.

With previous history of alleged offences in the club id question how much stomach Liverpool would have for a fight on this. If there is any hint of highly offence slurs they may accept a ban early rather than fight it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Side note he also said Hart will play more games in the build up to the world cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With previous history of alleged offences in the club id question how much stomach Liverpool would have for a fight on this. If there is any hint of highly offence slurs they may accept a ban early rather than fight it.

Again there has to be some evidence. They can't just ban him because holgate said that he said it. There was a lot of people close by including the ref. And they surely can't suspend him for cursing in Portuguese. Any evidence he used racial language or if the ref heard it he will be rightly banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So: he didn't actually pull a hammy and Moyes is being cautious. My guess is he's back and well rested for next league game - ideal for owners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lascelles replaced as a precaution.... Picked up a minor groin problem in the opening 30 minutes. Made way for Hayden. Expected to be okay for the visit of Swansea next weekend. #NUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I doubt there’s gonna be any ban unless there’s some kind of evidence or Firmino admits to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

dsmythy wrote: »
    Side note he also said Hart will play more games in the build up to the world cup.

What a stupid reason for playing someone. Jeopardising his own team just so he can be nice to a keeper so he can play in a WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What a stupid reason for playing someone. Jeopardising his own team just so he can be nice to a keeper so he can play in a WC.

In fairness to Moyes he didn't actually say that. The reporter extrapolated it from Moyes (who never mentioned the WC and probably couldn't care less about it) saying that Hart would likely play PL games this season.

Gabriel Jesus will be tested for a possible ruptured cruciate ligament, and if that is the case he would be ruled out of the World Cup. [@10JoseAlvarez]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gabriel Jesus will be tested for a possible ruptured cruciate ligament, and if that is the case he would be ruled out of the World Cup. [@10JoseAlvarez]

Devastated for him. He knew that was himself considering he was in tears. Hopefully makes it back for WC

Newcastle goalkeeper out for longer than initially anticipated. "Elliot will be out for a couple of weeks, that is my feeling," said Benitez. "It could a little less or it could be a little more." #NUFC

Coleman back in training

• Advertisement

@AllieHBNews: Wednesday’s TIMES Sport: “Holgate facing ban threat” #bbcpapers #tomorrowspaperstoday https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/950857985714196485/photo/1

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/951090746458804224

Salah back in training as expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

@AllieHBNews: Wednesday’s TIMES Sport: “Holgate facing ban threat” #bbcpapers #tomorrowspaperstoday https://twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/950857985714196485/photo/1
    Apparently he was 15 so I’m sure that won’t be the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's gone beyond ridiculous at this stage...investigating something he said when he was a a teenager.

Jack Wiltshire gone off injured after the ball hit him in leg
    I kid you not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I kid you not

Wilshere injured....In other news, the sky is blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"Made of glass" doesn't quite cut it. Maybe "made of cobwebs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

"Made of glass" doesn't quite cut it. Maybe "made of cobwebs"

I was getting concerned, he hadn't been injured in a while. All back to normal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I kid you not
    Welcome back Ramsey

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Welcome back Ramsey

They have a decent run too
    Interesting

Advertisement