Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    Ah bollocks

This was why I avoided him
    I have owned him twice for “good “ runs
    They kept no clean sheets and then he got injured both times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

km79 wrote: »
    This was why I avoided him
    I have owned him twice for “good “ runs
    They kept no clean sheets and then he got injured both times

Elliot is my back up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

The Telegraph report that Thibaut Courtois has suffered an ankle injury making him a doubt for Chelsea's trip to Brighton. Meanwhile, Drinkwater is also "struggling for fitness" https://t.co/42HwzDlfAY

Chelsea struggling for numbers at this rate !

Shyte, I really didn't need this :o Full playing outfield bench, Krul my back up. Think I'll roll it, no one obvious, long term to get in for a -4. Will need a CS to make a profit. Otherwise everything was going so well, obviously too well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well I didn't need that news when I'm already on -8! Will probably ditch him for Pickford soon but not for a hit this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Courtois injured wtf!!! Will need to take a hit now as Speroni is my backup.

Edit: Early kickoff might have the transfer ready to go in the hope of 11:29 team news

• Advertisement

We should probably hold off on Friday transfers until after 1030pm too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/22/chelsea-working-complete-deal-roma-duo-edin-dzeko-andemerson/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Courtois is fit to face Arsenal in the Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg at the Emirates after missing the Premier League victory over Brighton with a sprained ankle."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/22/chelsea-working-complete-deal-roma-duo-edin-dzeko-andemerson/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Courtois is fit to face Arsenal in the Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg at the Emirates after missing the Premier League victory over Brighton with a sprained ankle."

Thank god.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/22/west-ham-andy-carroll-david-moyes-manuel-lanzini-three-months

Andy Carroll out for up to 3 months, good for Arnie.

Lanzini out for up to a month, not good for me after bringing him in last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/22/west-ham-andy-carroll-david-moyes-manuel-lanzini-three-months

Andy Carroll out for up to 3 months, good for Arnie.

Lanzini out for up to a month, not good for me after bringing him in last week.
    Kinda bad for Arnie too, he would have been depending on Lanzini to provide a lot of his services

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Kinda bad for Arnie too, he would have been depending on Lanzini to provide a lot of his services

And he will probably now drop into lanzini position
    Chicharito could become an option
    If he takes this chance he could offer us a decent 3rd striker option for end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

And he will probably now drop into lanzini position
    Chicharito could become an option
    If he takes this chance he could offer us a decent 3rd striker option for end of season.

Alternatively Antonio may be played up front. He's due back from injury any time now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A reliable West Ham Twitter account has just posted that Arnie may be out for a few weeks with hammy injury.

Check out @JacobSteinberg’;s Tweet: [url]

dahat wrote: »
    A reliable West Ham Twitter account has just posted that Arnie may be out for a few weeks with hammy injury.

Signed both him and Lanzini last week. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Check out @JacobSteinberg’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/955716473535782912?s=09

He felt his hamstring against Bournemouth and continued on. He is still feeling it. He wasn’t due to play against Wigan anyway but he is now a doubt for Palace and Brighton. I’ll get further info today https://t.co/FmKSTyW1Io

Will update when more news comes available

I’ll be wildcarding if this is the case
    Not going to limp along any longer
    Don’t care if it’s the right or wrong move at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I take it we don't know if Silva is back for good now or if he'll need to miss more games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Edit - Wrong thread whoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Arnie ----> Theo will be the easiest transfer I've made all season.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Arnie ----> Theo will be the easiest transfer I've made all season.

Now I am thinking of wildcarding
    Forgot about him
    I need to mix it up
    Teams are all so similar now

• Advertisement

I'm hesitant on Walcott, that Everton team doesn't scream goals. Mkhi is only 0.5 more, I'd be more willing to take a punt on him.

I'm hesitant on Walcott, that Everton team doesn't scream goals. Mkhi is only 0.5 more, I'd be more willing to take a punt on him.

The more ya look at it the more 352 seems to be the way to go/stay

The more ya look at it the more 352 seems to be the way to go/stay

Definitely, I'd rather have the likes of Shaqiri in a 3-5-2 than Wilson in a 3-4-3. There's plenty of options in midfield than you can swap in and out based on form and fixtures. The same can't be said for the cheap striker spot.

He felt his hamstring against Bournemouth and continued on. He is still feeling it. He wasn’t due to play against Wigan anyway but he is now a doubt for Palace and Brighton. I’ll get further info today https://t.co/FmKSTyW1Io

Will update when more news comes available

Lanzini is 4, Arnie 2-3 but not confirmed at moment and hernandez won’t go this window I suspect unless a stupid offer comes in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

When you have 0 shots on target and your manager comes out and says "We need to be more boring" (Spurs defeat), I would be very hesitant in investing in Midfielders and Strikers from that team.

Particularly when it's not an insubstantial investment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any idea on Simpson lads? Down as 75% needing match practice.

Is he likely to get his place back straight away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Any idea on Simpson lads? Down as 75% needing match practice.

Is he likely to get his place back straight away?

Would imagine so.
    Amartey who has been playing there instead of him is really a cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Hmm arnie out makes it tough, I'd have enough to bring in martial but I'm not sure what's going to happen with sanchez coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Shame about Arnie,
    He had a nice fixture home to palace too

• Advertisement

Speaking with Marko Arnautovic he confirmed he felt the hamstring slightly during the Bournemouth game,but played thru it. However after having a scan done the results showed a tear. He said he will be out for approx 4 weeks. #WHUFC https://t.co/BhGuttFRjq

Advertisement