Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Finally an update on Bertrand's injury/knock last Saturday.

'The full-back had to be substituted in the closing stages of the 0-0 draw with Swansea City last weekend, but suffered no long-term damage and is available to feature at St Mary’s again this Saturday.'

Pellegrino said: “Ryan was training good, I think physically he is fit.

"Everybody is ok, even Alex McCarthy. He has been playing Monday night in the U23 game.

Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-08-17/mauricio-pellegrino-team-news-pre-southampton-west-ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Klopp said nothing about Mane as far as I know at todays press conference. Unless there's more news I might hold.

I think Klopp often gives some of his players an extra day's rest after travelling back from European games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mane is fine they posted earlier he was getting a recovery day. No injury worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Axwell wrote: »
    Mane is fine they posted earlier he was getting a recovery day. No injury worries.

Who posted that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Who posted that.

A Liverpool Club News Site posted it on Twitter. They seem to know their stuff when it comes to the Reds.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/898295211750637568

"No injury for Sadio Mané. Second day recovery so no training today."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

TP: "@G23mcauley and James Morrison won't be available again tomorrow. Jonny Evans will probably miss the game as well"

#WBA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Eddie Howe to make a late decision on Francis who has a hamstring injury

Wenger says mertesacker should be back but game comes too soon for Sanchez probably .......

Also pulis said West brom won't be selling Evans and he understands the decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

FHFC wrote: »
    TP: "@G23mcauley and James Morrison won't be available again tomorrow. Jonny Evans will probably miss the game as well"

#WBA

Apparently Evans is out with the same injury than Sanchez and Coutinho have :rolleyes:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    FHFC wrote: »

#WBA

Apparently Evans is out with the same injury than Sanchez and Coutinho have :rolleyes:
    He picked up a hamstring injury before any talk of city move

de Boer says he has "no idea" [at this stage] how long Zaha will be out. Tests remain ongoing. #CPFC

Zaha "is a very robust player" and played the full 90 minutes despite suffering a [knee] injury. "He's very keen to be fit again." #CPFC

Will surely be red flagged now
    Don't know what I'll do
    Do t particularly want to take a hit for Ramsey
    Want another week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

km79 wrote: »
    de Boer says he has "no idea" [at this stage] how long Zaha will be out. Tests remain ongoing. #CPFC

Zaha "is a very robust player" and played the full 90 minutes despite suffering a [knee] injury. "He's very keen to be fit again." #CPFC

Will surely be red flagged now
    Don't know what I'll do
    Do t particularly want to take a hit for Ramsey
    Want another week

I took a hit for Mkhi. After his rise :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Also pulis said West brom won't be selling Evans and he understands the decision

Whoah there Nelly. He didn't say that at all. He said they don't have to sell and it would have to be a good offer, and Evans understands the situation.

Very different. I think that deal will go through tbh. Makes a lot of sense for all parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Zaha definitely ruled out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Dónal wrote: »
    They reliable?

Can't personally verify but my Liverpool friends take Joyce as Gospel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That tweet references Joyce but I don't see it on his twitter?

Did people really expect Klopp to pick the exact same team for everyone of these games in a short period of time at the start of season? Rotation was inevitable

Did people really expect Klopp to pick the exact same team for everyone of these games in a short period of time at the start of season? Rotation was inevitable

I think for the players we care about there was no plan for rotation. This is because of the injuries to llalana and the coutinho issue. Their is a big fall off in quality in what they can now bring in. With llalana and coutinho available and if the European games had been scheduled wed,Tues instead of Tues, wed I'd have expected rotation. Due to the tues, wed schedule its a 4 day turnaround between games so its not that hectic a schedule Tues,sat,wed,sun and the season has only started.

I think for the players we care about there was no plan for rotation. This is because of the injuries to llalana and the coutinho issue. Their is a big fall off in quality in what they can now bring in. With llalana and coutinho available and if the European games had been scheduled wed,Tues instead of Tues, wed I'd have expected rotation. Due to the tues, wed schedule its a 4 day turnaround between games so its not that hectic a schedule Tues,sat,wed,sun and the season has only started.
    Mane ?
    If there was no game midweek he would be playing today. There would be no doubt about it but there is now.
    More games than other top 6 teams at a stage of season when players are still building fitness raises higher possibility of injury, knocks and therefore rotation whether completely voluntary or not.
    By all accounts it seems mane does not have much of an injury but needs rest after midweek.......

• Advertisement

Mane ?
    If there was no game midweek he would be playing today. There would be no doubt about it but there is now.
    More games than other top 6 teams at a stage of season when players are still building fitness raises higher possibility of injury, knocks and therefore rotation whether completely voluntary or not.
    By all accounts it seems mane does not have much of an injury but needs rest after midweek.......

We don't know the information on mane yet though. Is he injured or does he need a rest. We couldn't predict which players might pick up a slight niggle. Chances are there would need to be some changes but we couldn't have known which players felt tired or picked up slight knocks. My argument is that if all the front 3 felt fine klopp wouldn't change them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That tweet references Joyce but I don't see it on his twitter?

Yes because every journalist must put all their articles on twitter.

The times is behind a paywall. If its true thats probably where they found it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp rotation is part of the reason I went Firmino at the start of the season. He's the least likely to be rested for any game.

We don't know the information on mane yet though. Is he injured or does he need a rest. We couldn't predict which players might pick up a slight niggle. Chances are there would need to be some changes but we couldn't have known which players felt tired or picked up slight knocks. My argument is that if all the front 3 felt fine klopp wouldn't change them.

And my argument was tiredness and knocks would be inevitable :D

Sure no manager wants to rotate their best players. They do it to protect them when they have a busy schedule.......it's why I avoided pool until my planned early WC
    And I got punished last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

https://twitter.com/Jhiggins3/status/898849246606241792

Mane was with the team for the morning walk as normal. In great form stopped for photos and was full of smiles

patmac wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Jhiggins3/status/898849246606241792

Mane was with the team for the morning walk as normal. In great form stopped for photos and was full of smiles

We all know how this one is going to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yes because every journalist must put all their articles on twitter.

The times is behind a paywall. If its true thats probably where they found it.

That was the issue - was it true? And he might have said it somewhere but it didnt come to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I didn't but I thought he'd have the common sense to start Milner in all of them and not let Moreno anywhere near a soccer pitch.

Egg on my face.

We all know how this one is going to end.

Ye written in the stars for mane to score. I got mkhi in so not so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Anyone know anything about a vardy injury? Just seen he was yellow flagged.

Advertisement