Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

BREAKING: #SSN understands Riyad Mahrez will return to @LCFC training this morning and has made himself available to face @ManCity on Saturday. https://t.co/BUHs7AqdRW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    BREAKING: #SSN understands Riyad Mahrez will return to @LCFC training this morning and has made himself available to face @ManCity on Saturday. https://t.co/BUHs7AqdRW

So much for that red flag by FPL. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

So much for that red flag by FPL. :rolleyes:

Puel doesnt strike me as a soft touch, no way can he be allowed straight back in to the team, and it could have a very negative affect on the dressing room, a bit like Sanchez at Arsenal before his move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sane back training already. The old miracle water working wonders and to think Pep was willing to spend £65 million on Mahrez as a stop gap.

@BenDinnery: Marcos Alonso took part in a full training session today. [via the ever reliable @CarefreeYouth] #CFC

@CarefreeYouth: Injury update!

Marcos Alonso was back outside training with the squad today, Andreas Christensen trained outside away from the squad but hopeful he can be fit for Monday's game #CFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

@BenDinnery: Marcos Alonso took part in a full training session today. [via the ever reliable @CarefreeYouth] #CFC

@CarefreeYouth: Injury update!

Marcos Alonso was back outside training with the squad today, Andreas Christensen trained outside away from the squad but hopeful he can be fit for Monday's game #CFC

Cheers thats no transfers for me this week.

@TeleFootball: Riyad Mahrez: I did not go AWOL ... Leicester knew where I was and what I was up to http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/09/pep-guardiola-hopes-riyad-mahrez-will-play-against-man-city/

As expected both parties move on like nothing happened till end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lacazette out for 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Clyne back in full training

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/963450582873894912?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

Gomez place under threat (though he could also be played centrally)

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Reports suggest that Gabriel Jesus may return to the Man City squad as early as Monday for their FA Cup tie with Wigan https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-confirms-gabriel-jesus-ready-to-return-from-injury-for-manchester-city-a3765991.html

Sane back too
    Bernardo Silva going well
    ROTATION

@FFScout: Reports suggest that Gabriel Jesus may return to the Man City squad as early as Monday for their FA Cup tie with Wigan https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/pep-guardiola-confirms-gabriel-jesus-ready-to-return-from-injury-for-manchester-city-a3765991.html

Sane back too
    Bernardo Silva going well
    ROTATION

Time to look for an Aguero replacement. Maybe even Sterling too.

Yes I’m debating again whether I’ll sell Wilson or aguero to get Kane .......if I sell Wilson then Sanchez has to become a very cheap mid . But I can then upgrade again when I sell aguero in a few weeks. That’s a lot of transfers though........I suppose the cup games will help decide but it will be incredibly hard/brave/silly to sell aguero after a 21 Point haul !
    I would like to take a punt on mahrez though ........

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Yes I’m debating again whether I’ll sell Wilson or aguero to get Kane .......if I sell Wilson then Sanchez has to become a very cheap mid . But I can then upgrade again when I sell aguero in a few weeks. That’s a lot of transfers though........I suppose the cup games will help decide but it will be incredibly hard/brave/silly to sell aguero after a 21 Point haul !
    I would like to take a punt on mahrez though ........

Probably almost time to think about an out for City players as well. Once they win the league it will be interesting to see what Pep does (priority will switch to Champs league no doubt).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

with everyone fit, Sterling was never rotated. It was a myth I bought into for ages, but he's as nailed on as KDB.

SlickRic wrote: »
    with everyone fit, Sterling was never rotated. It was a myth I bought into for ages, but he's as nailed on as KDB.

It’s as much about what he’ll do when the league is wrapped up.

It’s as much about what he’ll do when the league is wrapped up.

Which could happen as early as gw33
    Not ideal for anyone trying to do any type of planning !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

GW 33 is just about the earliest that the league will be wrapped up, and I don't think Pep will play massively weakened teams in the League until then.

And even then, he'll have to keep things ticking over, so i don't think KDB, Sterling and Otamendi will all of a sudden be rested all over the place.

I'm trying to keep my WC as late as possible, just in case. thankfully, I'm quite happy with my team, so i hope to use it in the DGW, as that is when it will best suit me I'd say.

a part of me would love to have the WC for GW38 if I can get away with it.

City have more or less wrapped the league up already. The only possible motivation remaining is whether Pep wants to break some records while doing so: most goals scored, best goal difference, highest points total - all of these are very possible and Pep is a bit of a perfectionist. I'm not saying I don't expect a little bit of rotation, but in my mind the only likely time it will happen is before difficult Champions league games (I don't include Basel in that).

manual_man wrote: »
    City have more or less wrapped the league up already. The only possible motivation remaining is whether Pep wants to break some records while doing so: most goals scored, best goal difference, highest points total - all of these are very possible and Pep is a bit of a perfectionist. I'm not saying I don't expect a little bit of rotation, but in my mind the only likely time it will happen is before difficult Champions league games (I don't include Basel in that).

Jesus and sane back along with Bernardo’s form is the problem

• Advertisement

Exclusive: Eric Bailly will train this week again (3 months later of his injury) and it is likely that he will be avalaible for Champions League next week against Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11253148/gabriel-jesus-returns-to-full-manchester-city-training
    Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola confirmed Gabriel Jesus has returned to full training but he is unlikely to face Wigan in the FA Cup on Monday.

Jesus has been sidelined since suffering knee ligament damage against Crystal Palace on New Year's Eve, but began training with his team-mates on Friday.

"It's good news," said Guardiola. "I don't know when he'll be ready [to play].

Kane a doubt. "He twisted his ankle and recd some knocks. We need to assess him. If he is fit maybe he has the possibility to play, if he is not 100% he could be on the bench or maybe half and hour. We are not worried [about him facing Palace] but we need to take care." #COYS

I noticed that at the time
    His ankle twisted under him during a tackle
    And given his weak ankles .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Kane a doubt. "He twisted his ankle and recd some knocks. We need to assess him. If he is fit maybe he has the possibility to play, if he is not 100% he could be on the bench or maybe half and hour. We are not worried [about him facing Palace] but we need to take care." #COYS

If you have him is there any point replacing him for one game or even a half a game?

If you have him is there any point replacing him for one game or even a half a game?
    I don't have him back yet !

@BBCSport: Four West Brom players have been interviewed by police after allegedly stealing a taxi in Barcelona.

Full story: http://bbc.in/2CpUCxx

@FromTStands: According to reports, four West Brom players stole a taxi in Spain before driving through a McDonald’s drive-through and leaving the taxi outside their hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pochettino literally said he isn’t worried about him being ready for Palace so I don’t see the concern.

All he’s doing is giving a reason not to play Kane in the cup. He would be mad to start him at Rochdale anyway.

@FromTStands: According to reports, four West Brom players stole a taxi in Spain before driving through a McDonald’s drive-through and leaving the taxi outside their hotel.

Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill are the four involved according to BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

manual_man wrote: »
    Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill are the four involved according to BBC

Can't even say they were young lads who made a mistake! Surprised at Barry and Evans in particular as two experienced internationals.

• Advertisement

Can't even say they were young lads who made a mistake! Surprised at Barry and Evans in particular as two experienced internationals.

Says a lot about how they feel the season is going to play out imo
    They are doomed
    Probably going to lose this weekend too whx H means Wilson will have a game 31 ........makes it harder to sell him for Kane
    But I have to but Kane
    Hopefully city draw with Wigan ;)

Advertisement