Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

D Silva has been given permission to leave the Spain camp "for personal reasons." Further bad news for him, unfortunately.

Its not further bad news. He goes home every couple of weeks to see his son, who is doing fine. He'll be back for Everton (source reliable city ITK account)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Islander13 wrote: »
    Its not further bad news. He goes home every couple of weeks to see his son, who is doing fine. He'll be back for Everton (source reliable city ITK account)

That's great news. Heart sank when I saw the previous post. Thought something had happened the little guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@AlasdairGold: As I said back when the scan results came back, I understand Harry Kane has always had one eye on this Sunday as a potential comeback. Will he make it in time? I reckon it's going to be tight. Would be a massive boost to have him back, but would he be sharp enough?

There seems to be lots of whispers kane will be back soon..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did Robertson go off injured last night?

PL: Maxim Choupo-Moting will miss Sunday's game and could be out for a few weeks. Mame Diouf will hopefully come back from international duty and be fit to play.

Was probably going to be sold by many anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No

Andy Robertson was forced off in Hungary on Tuesday night after picking up a knock. However, initial reports suggest the injury is not too serious and his withdrawal was more of a precaution. The Liverpool full-back will be assessed fully on his return to Melwood. #LFC

#FPL Update: Johann Gudmundsson - Knock #twitterclarets No Return Date Status: 50% https://t.co/xBkirEucuv
    Was damn close to pulling trigger on my transfers last night due to sheer boredom and possible price rises
    He was the enabler
    Glad I waited

Taken off after 73 minutes in Iceland game
    I didn’t even realize he was Icelandic
    That makes me want him more ;)

Phil Jones has returned to training after missing the last seven games through injury. #mufc [ESPN]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

km79 wrote: »
    I didn’t even realize he was Icelandic
    That makes me want him more ;)

:pac:

• Advertisement

@FFScout: Antonio Conte confirms both Thibaut Courtois and Andreas Christensen will be assessed ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Spurs https://goo.gl/DM4YXh

Pochettino on Kane: "He is doing very well. Every day he is improving. We need to assess him, it is still a few days until the game. I think it is difficult now to say yes or no. If not this w/e, maybe next but the most important is we are so positive about his recovery." #COYS https://t.co/lNctiF5onl

OMG
    He is back for 34 at any rate
    Decision time for me now .......I’m tempted just to keep him at this stage
    Save a couple of transfers
    I don’t think I need to sell him to raise cash for other moves
    To the batcave .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

OMG
    To the batcave .........

To the batcave indeed! I'll be in the pub good Friday with my laptop and Cartman's spreadsheet at this rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pochettino on Kane: "He is doing very well. Every day he is improving. We need to assess him, it is still a few days until the game. I think it is difficult now to say yes or no. If not this w/e, maybe next but the most important is we are so positive about his recovery." #COYS https://t.co/lNctiF5onl

OMG
    To the batcave .........
    Yeah I'm keeping him. He might miss this week, but Stoke away next week is just the type of game he thrives in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Sh!t. Back to the drawing board

Heaton "is really close now," but Pope looks to be safe for at least one more week. "I want to be in that position where I have to make a choice." Gudmundsson is expected to be okay after picking up a minor knock. The Icelandic international trained as normal. #twitterclarets

I think I can afford to keep Kane and still get auba if I sign my new Icelandic friend instead of gross
    Or I could sell firmino but don’t think I’ll do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

OMG
    To the batcave .........
    Time to tear up my team again 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane is dropping in price tonight. No transfers in until tomorrow lads, ok?

I don’t want to have to send the boys around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Heaton "is really close now," but Pope looks to be safe for at least one more week. "I want to be in that position where I have to make a choice." Gudmundsson is expected to be okay after picking up a minor knock. The Icelandic international trained as normal. #twitterclarets

I think I can afford to keep Kane and still get auba if I sign my new Icelandic friend instead of gross
    Or I could sell firmino but don’t think I’ll do that

Similar questions to me. it looks like Kane is going to replace Auba in my WC team, and will play beside Firmino and Lukaku. Hadn't realized Gross was more expensive than Gudmondsen but he is the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sounds to me most likely Kane comes on as a sub (if indeed he does play this weekend). Also it's a tough fixture. He probably then starts Stoke away (could be tough they're scrapping for safety), City at home (tough again), and Brighton away (toughness depends I think on if Brighton are safe at that stage, though they are in decent form). Then blank gw35. Gw36-38 are excellent obviously then.

Lukaku is a key player here. He's back in form and dangerous, and fixtures on the whole are strong now til the end of the season. Kane-Lukaku-Auba is possible of course, but serious sacrifices would have to be made elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would be surprised if Kane wants to many chances taken with his fitness in a World Cup year where Spurs have no hope of winning the Premier League.

CSF wrote: »
    Would be surprised if Kane wants to many chances taken with his fitness in a World Cup year where Spurs have no hope of winning the Premier League.

He wants to win a trophy (Fa Cup ) surely ?
    Needs game time before semi
    Doubt he will play this weekend though. I’ve decided I will sell him for now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

CSF wrote: »

Doubt he will play this weekend though. I’ve decided I will sell him for now anyway

I think Kane plays to score goals. Hence why he'll only not play if he's not 100%. He will want to do well for Spurs regardless. Having said that I'm happy to not have him until he wakes up. Hoping Auba can at least match him in the next two GWs. If he does I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm sure he does want to win the FA Cup, yeah. Can't see him risking his World Cup over it either. Like he will play when he is fit, yeah. I'm not suggesting he will actively avoid playing games to risk further injury. But I can't see him playing at 50-70% fitness either, because there isn't a need.

So it really comes down to where he is in his recovery. Which isn't yet clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think Kane plays to score goals. Hence why he'll only not play if he's not 100%. He will want to do well for Spurs regardless. Having said that I'm happy to not have him until he wakes up. Hoping Auba can at least match him in the next two GWs. If he does I'll be happy enough.

With the world cup I suppose he wants to be 100% fit to be starting for that.So maybe he won't be rushed back and even if he is ,he won't be match fit Auybuamayang and Lukaku might be the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Do people think Conte will start Christensen v Spurs?....he was meant to be ‘exhausted ‘ but that was several days ago....surely he should be ok for Spurs game.Am thinking of getting him in as Chelsea cover for run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

My Pochettino is a tad rusty since he stabbed me and Southampton in the back.
    But to me that translates to, 'I can't afford to not play Harry Kane in a double gameweek'.

As usual, I suspect all Premier League managers are closet FPL Managers also.

If Chelsea beat Spurs this weekend there's a big need for Kane to play and play well.

Do people think Conte will start Christensen v Spurs?....he was meant to be ‘exhausted ‘ but that was several days ago....surely he should be ok for Spurs game.Am thinking of getting him in as Chelsea cover for run in.

He seems a bit fragile. He could start and have to be hauled off. Unless his bad luck has turned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Feck I knew Kane injury was an international one! Some of the predictions we have to make...

Advertisement