Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

On wildcard might keep Aug, and leave enough funds for Kane, and wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m going to risk son out scoring Kane lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

patmac wrote: »
    On wildcard might keep Aug, and leave enough funds for Kane, and wait and see.

This is what I have been thinking for GW34 and maybe try squeeze Aug back in for GW37.

To try have Aug-Kane-Lukaku up front but doubt I'll have enough in the kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gomez out for "the next couple of games" but Klopp is confident he will play again during the run-in. "It's serious enough to rule him out for the next couple of games. I think we will see Joe back on the pitch. He feels much better but of course we need to be careful." #LFC https://t.co/UeYIbabCkm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

shineon23 wrote: »

To try have Aug-Kane-Lukaku up front but doubt I'll have enough in the kitty.

My quick attempt

Schmeichel Ryan

Smalling Stephens Tomkins Lowton Holebas

Salah Willian Albrighton Gross Gud

Lets just say you'll be wanting your big three up top to score a lot of points! You'd wanna be a fair bit richer than me to even try it and I'm not rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dsmythy wrote: »
    My quick attempt

Schmeichel Ryan

Lets just say you'll be wanting your big three up top to score a lot of points! You'd wanna be a fair bit richer than me to even try it and I'm not rich.

Tried it...

DDG Ryan
    Mustafi Lowton Tarkowski Morgan Tomkins
    Salah Mahrez Willian Gudmondson King
    Kane Auba Lukaku

Not that bad but replaced Vardy and Son with Kane and King...not sure the latter would out score the other two.

dsmythy wrote: »
    My quick attempt

Schmeichel Ryan

I'm not too rich at all. Worst season on record so I doubt I'll be able to do it.

Depending where I am in my private leagues in GW37, I might sell Salah :eek:
    And can't see me having more than one City player if they're still in Europe.
    That's just my quick thoughts on releasing funds for a 3rd premium striker.

If I have Son, it'd be logical not to double up with Kane. But it's Kane. I liked it better when he was injured and noone could buy him :)

Edit: had a look, don't think I'll be able to do it without destroying my team and selling 3 of; Alonso, Son, Willian, Stanislas (he'll go anyway) and Salah.

I'll probably just go with Kane and Lukaku and maybe Mkhi or Ramsey in MF or Bellerin as an OOP.

Vardy as 3rd striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,886 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Gomez out for "the next couple of games" but Klopp is confident he will play again during the run-in. "It's serious enough to rule him out for the next couple of games. I think we will see Joe back on the pitch. He feels much better but of course we need to be careful." #LFC

So what does that mean? More game time for TAA?

If Kane shows his best form I'll just get him 34 and hope Auba shows his own form in the meanwhile. No 4 goal wonders please lad.

km79 wrote:
    Gomez out for "the next couple of games" but Klopp is confident he will play again during the run-in. "It's serious enough to rule him out for the next couple of games. I think we will see Joe back on the pitch. He feels much better but of course we need to be careful." #LFC

So what does that mean? More game time for TAA?

Depends how fit Clyne is. Seems to be in the last stage of recovery. I wouldn't transfer TAA out quite yet tho.

• Advertisement

@10JoseAlvarez: Kun Agüero won't be avalaible against Everton. He is feeling much better but they decide in the training of this morning to wait and won't risk until he is 100% fit. He is doubt for Liverpool game (now is more % that he won't play than yes),but depends on the evolution this days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

That is the question?:).....was he out injured for last while?...have him in WC team as was following the hordes but wonder is he nailed on for today?....

Would Mustafi be safer bet?.....
    Thanks for any feedback well before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'd go Mustafi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

That is the question?:).....was he out injured for last while?...have him in WC team as was following the hordes but wonder is he nailed on for today?....

Would Mustafi be safer bet?.....
    Thanks for any feedback well before the deadline.

I would always consider him a first teamer and transfered him into my team this week, I didn't even check to see what minutes he gets but I see now he hasn't played much ,was that due to injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

He had a back injury the past few weeks but from the Arsenal team news I heard he seems ok now. I am sticking with him over Mustafi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I hadn’t even copped Monreal hadn’t been playing the last few games. Mustafi comes in instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Most shocking news of the week......

Daniel Sturidge is injured AGAIN

Charlie Austin (5.8) back and starting just in time for the double-doubles.

*must resist*
    Every time I buy him he gets injured.

#SaveUsCharlie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shineon23 wrote: »
    Charlie Austin (5.8) back and starting just in time for the double-doubles.

*must resist*
    Every time I buy him he gets injured.

#SaveUsCharlie

gw36 would be the time to get him in if you're considering him

manual_man wrote: »
    gw36 would be the time to get him in if you're considering him

Yeah definitely and see how he fairs in themeantime and if he keeps his place. Carrillo has also been decent recently.

I'm stuck with a cheap Ashley Barnes so can't get Austin in one transfer even if I wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

@BenDinnery: Howe sweating on the fitness of Stanislas: "Junior is feeling pain on the outside of his knee. He's in a brace. We anticipate there is an injury, but don’t know what it is. I imagine it will mean time on the sidelines. There was no contact, it was a twisting action." #AFCB [Echo]

Is that Juan Mata I hear calling me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Does anyone know why Gomes is not the goalie at Watford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Big Borg wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Gomes is not the goalie at Watford?

Got injured then lost his place while out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Matip reported to be out for the rest of the season for Liverpool.

Matip reported to be out for the rest of the season for Liverpool.

Was worried about VVD getting rotated. Less of an issue now. But still angry at paying so much for him. Twice!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Aguero injured for tomorrow nights CL game against Liverpool. That could make City choices easier.

:(

km79 wrote: »
    Was worried about VVD getting rotated. Less of an issue now. But still angry at paying so much for him. Twice!!!

I was worried Liverpool's cheque wouldn't clear!:p

Now I'm just concerned about next season's Championship.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Salah off injured!

• Advertisement

Well done to those that held their WC
    For me I'll have no players for 35 at this rate

Advertisement