Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Why would Francis not be red flagged? It could make a difference between a drop and no drop....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Simon Francis is "progressing well and we're happy with how he's looking" but the #AFCB skipper won't be back before the international break

Vardy is fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Where did you hear Vardy was fine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PVA wrote: »
    Where did you hear Vardy was fine?

https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/899605253263425541

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Thanks - both Vardy and Firmino have tough fixtures both sides of the international break, so much of a muchness as to who delivers.

Longer term Vardy may be the value, although Firmino holding on to pens will make it a difficult pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Markx wrote: »
    Why would Francis not be red flagged? It could make a difference between a drop and no drop....

Eddie Howe to the rescue - Francis goes from -95% to -50% :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2 yellows for holebas tonight. Ban incoming. He loves the old yellow cards

Soooooooooo apparently Phil Jones didn't train today ........there are quite a few photos from training on website and he isn't in any of them either
    Wouldn't be like him to pick up an injury out of the blue like that though ;)

Obviously await updates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    Soooooooooo apparently Phil Jones didn't train today ........there are quite a few photos from training on website and he isn't in any of them either

Obviously await updates

Transferred him in for Darmian yesterday. I will be impossibly angry if he's injured again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Obviously await updates

Brought him in for the upcoming gameweek knowing full well his injury record. What a disastrous signing this could turn out to be.

• Advertisement

It could be nothing but I would only ever sign him one minute before deadline just in case !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

The curse of Elijah Price strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Transferred him in for Darmian yesterday. I will be impossibly angry if he's injured again
    Brought him in for the upcoming gameweek knowing full well his injury record. What a disastrous signing this could turn out to be.

So what you're saying here is ye jinxed him?!? :eek: ;) Hopefully he's not injured but it's Phil Jones so I wouldn't hold out much hope. Hopefully it's not injury and there is a more innocent explanation :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Walters off injured with an ankle injury at halftime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

patmac wrote: »
    Walters off injured with an ankle injury at halftime.

Walters has been a huge disappointment so far.

TAA hobbled off in the second half tonight as well

Zlatan targeting an early November return !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Benitez saying that Lejeune "has a chance" for the weekend, and will be definitely back after the international break.

I had Lejeune -> Trippier pencilled in for this week, but injury and Aurier rumours have me second guessing Trippier, so I could roll with Lejeune and have Ben Mee in reserve.

Suggestion that Trent Alexander-Arnold is a doubt for Sunday. Liverpool press conference starts around 12pm. #LFC

https://t.co/qr794AvkhS

Eden Hazard is in the Belgium squad for the games against Gibraltar & Greece, but he'll undergo a check-up on Monday. #CFC https://t.co/9u7HcnLPH8

FdB: Ruben has a groin injury and is out for this week. Wilf is improving, but he's still in recovery.

#CPFC 🦅 https://t.co/OUbFXMicKE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/901072372513599488

Looks like Rose will never be fit.
    Bavies looking a secure option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FdB: Ruben has a groin injury and is out for this week. Wilf is improving, but he's still in recovery.

#CPFC �� https://t.co/OUbFXMicKE

And then there were 10.

Players with any chance of gametime for shineon this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any update on fitness status of Trippier? And I assume Jones is OK for this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Walters red flagged now...out until 10th September.

Bad news for Ireland, Burnley and all us plebs who have him on FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Walters red flagged now...out until 10th September.

Bad news for Ireland, Burnley and all us plebs who have him on FPL.

Scan revleaed it was a better outcome that expected according to Dyche, so he mighntn't be out for Ireland (Probably is though)

I'm taking his red flag as good news, as it reduces his chances of dropping to 5.4 on me before tomorrow.

But yeah, I've been badly caught out owning him.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hazard played about 70 mins for Chelsea under 23 squad v Everton tonight. Been included in Belgium squad too so should be ok for next gameweek provided he comes through internationals ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    Any update on fitness status of Trippier? And I assume Jones is OK for this weekend?
    Only thing I could find was this.
    "No update on Kieran Trippier who should recover from the minor knock he picked up six days ago." From Rotoworld, linked by Dinnery.

Anyone followed Spurs presser?

Obviously await updates

@samuelluckhurst: Mourinho admits Phil Jones has been playing with an injury, despite his excellent form #mufc http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-fixtures-mourinho-13535774

@samuelluckhurst: Mourinho said Jones needs 'a lot of care' from #mufc staff. Noticeable he was absent during televised training session in midweek.

@FFScout: Reports from Egyptian camp dismiss the suggestion that Mo Salah has suffered an injury while on international duty http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-injury-fears-allayed-13565722

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Advertisement