Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017/2018 Injuries/suspension thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mane isn't in the Liverpool training photos today. If mane is out salah will 100% start.

Great news for the ones of us that stayed loyal to Salah,hopefully he rewards us now .Makes an easy captain aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »

Who is that guy tweeting that,or basically how reliable is that?

Who is that guy tweeting that,or basically how reliable is that?

No idea but all the evidence points towards him missing out at the weekend now

No idea but all the evidence points towards him missing out at the weekend now

Yea I hope he is,gives Salah more minutes and chances to rack up some points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kevin Long owners can breathe easy for now.

Ben Mee [shin] and Scott Arfield [calf] have been ruled out of Saturdays game. Mee has a chance of playing again before the end of the season. Arfield granted permission to speak to Rangers. #twitterclarets

Klopp: “We must wait on Sadio. It’s not about resting players. We are a bit short but we have a small recovery break so we could play the same team that played against Roma”. https://t.co/t4m4JhivV0

Klopp on Mane injury: “It's not serious. There is a chance for tomorrow”. https://t.co/Uspyfs7qTg

He would be crazy to risk him but who knows
    Sounds like full strength team so I guesss I may as well keep VVD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp: “We must wait on Sadio. It’s not about resting players. We are a bit short but we have a small recovery break so we could play the same team that played against Roma”. https://t.co/t4m4JhivV0

Klopp on Mane injury: “It's not serious. There is a chance for tomorrow”. https://t.co/Uspyfs7qTg

He would be crazy to risk him but who knows
    Sounds like full strength team so I guesss I may as well keep VVD

because of the way the fixtures fell (Tuesday - Saturday early - Wednesday), the game where he would've rotated was West Brom. This game, when there's essentially 4 and a half days rest, was always likely to see a pretty strong team.

if it had been Wednesday - Saturday - Tuesday you might've been more likely to see rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How serious does Lukaku injury look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No word if Walker's groin injury is a bad one? Think I'll bring in Danilo for the DGW if he is out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jose saying today he might miss the FA Cup Final. Pretty serious i think unfortunatly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MrMac84 wrote: »

Jose saying today he might miss the FA Cup Final. Pretty serious i think unfortunatly
    Unfortunately the prognosis from Jose is about as clear as mud:

“I don’t know,” he said, when asked whether United’s top scorer could be a doubt for the remainder of the season. “To be out is not OK.

“I don’t know,” Mourinho added, when asked specifically about Lukaku’s involvement in the FA Cup final. “I don’t think it is something. I hope it is not something that keeps him out of a game in three weeks’ time but I don’t know.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-romelu-lukaku-injury-arsenal-jose-mourinho-a8328581.html?amp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think that's José being José. He'll probably play the second game. :)

Still transferred him out for Jesus though (before he rises again*)

No pun intended (because it's an old joke now!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Any word on Phil Jones and Vincent Kompany?

Islam Slimani handed a 3-match ban for violent conduct following incident vs West Brom last weekend. He will therefore miss the remainder of the season https://t.co/goIHtpsiiF

Salah can probably consider himself
    Lucky

Waiting to hear about Silva's availability this weekend. I'm guessing he'll be back from Spain but I want to know for sure. If he's not back then I'll -4 Sanè in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Waiting to hear about Silva's availability this weekend. I'm guessing he'll be back from Spain but I want to know for sure. If he's not back then I'll -4 Sanè in

PL trophy is presented Sunday,doubt Silva will miss that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No Lukaku this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Kyle Walker pictured training with the main group. Now I have no idea whether to stick or twist?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Kyle Walker pictured training with the main group. Now I have no idea whether to stick or twist?

If you have him I'd absolutely keep

manual_man wrote: »
    If you have him I'd absolutely keep
    Think that is the only option now. Sane, it just wasn't to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Koscielny torn Achilles. Horrible luck for him before the world cup, at 32 is that a career ender?

FPL wise, is Calamity Chambers now nailed on? £4.7.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ScummyMan wrote:
    Koscielny torn Achilles. Horrible luck for him before the world cup, at 32 is that a career ender?

ScummyMan wrote:
    FPL wise, is Calamity Chambers now nailed on? £4.7.....

Id say Mert will play a game or 2 seen as he's retiring at the end of the year. Holding might play as well

Id say Mert will play a game or 2 seen as he's retiring at the end of the year. Holding might play as well

If their defenders were 0.47 I wouldn’t bring them in !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I've got Mustafi and I doubt he'll play both games of the DGW. I could see the young Greek lad getting a game as well as Mert.

I've got Mustafi and I doubt he'll play both games of the DGW. I could see the young Greek lad getting a game as well as Mert.
    Why? Surely Wenger is going to want to go out on some sort of high.

That's no longer possible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm considering getting a Spurs def (e.g. Vert) for him maybe even for a -4...

- edit -
    Actually I spoke too fast, I have Morgan too so I'd rather ditch him first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I think the Greek lad did well last week so Arsene will probably look to give him some game time.

I can see Wenger playing all of Mert, Mustafi, MavroPanos and Chambers some game time over the next 3 games, especially since they have 3 games in 6 days /4 in 10
    If i didn't also have Morgan I would probably ditch Mustafi but as it stands I'll probably be forced to start him in the DGW.

Advertisement