Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gloves

Options
  • 05-06-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

I could be leaving my office job for landscaping soon and I need to get a good pair of light, durable gloves. Can anybody recommend a good brand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just buy a load of cheaper ones - a few pairs of tightish ones and a pair "grip gloves" and a pair of wet weather gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Just buy a load of cheaper ones - a few pairs of tightish ones and a pair "grip gloves" and a pair of wet weather gloves.

I hate wearing the cheaper loose type ones, I can't grip small weeds by the root with them. They're grand for carrying slabs and stuff I suppose, I like a light glove with some grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Loose gloves just suck and they break up pretty quickly I find - these one are popular and rubbish

34ee0f70-cb0e-4f87-96a7-480ff127f3b7.jpg

Stay clear

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭shane b

I picked up a pair in a builders providers to try and find them great around the house and garden. They are ATG maxiflex ultimate and were about a fiver.
    Dont know if they would suit what you have in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭looksee

For gardening I like the Tescos own brand - they are green with thornproof palms. Cheap enough to replace when they get worn out. Not heavy enough for carrying slabs though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Advertisement