Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many quangos do we have in limerick

• 05-06-2017 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

i am asking this as i have just skimmed thro de leader, were i noticed what i think are two quangos, limerick smarter travel and innovate limerick, can any one add one or two more, then perhaps their cost, worth and value to the region

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

flutered wrote: »
    i am asking this as i have just skimmed thro de leader, were i noticed what i think are two quangos, limerick smarter travel and innovate limerick, can any one add one or two more, then perhaps their cost, worth and value to the region
    On benefacts.ie I found 780 nonprofits, including some sizable quango's
    https://benefacts.ie/Results?q=limerick&i=entitiesindex&p=1&pp=10&county=LIMERICK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I wouldn't call either Limerick Smarter Travel or Innovate Limerick, qunagos. They both have very important roles and do good work in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

jbkenn wrote:
    On benefacts.ie I found 780 nonprofits, including some sizable quango's

Can you please explain how Limerick Centre for the unemployed and the Learning Hub are 'quango's'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

quan?go
    ˈkwaNGɡō/
    nounBritishderogatory
    noun: quango; plural noun: quangos

a semipublic administrative body outside the civil service but receiving financial support from the government, which makes senior appointments to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

'Quasi-non-governmental-organisation' - it's not a term of opprobrium.

• Advertisement
Advertisement