Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Elegence Venti

Options
  • 05-06-2017 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

I cannot seem to find any reviews online perhaps because it is a new system. But would anyone here have any information on the Baby Elegence Venti Travel system? and the Neyo one..

Just trying to decide what to do, I am loving the City Jogger GT system but thinking it may suit for an older child.. So looking at the venti, would try to get second hand as the price is mad but would like to know if they are good or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Interested also in any responses on this. Sorry can't help you myself but first time mother and it's a maze. Was given a quotation for the Quinny Buzz Travel System but don't like it now. Currently have my eye on two, the Uberchild Ultimo 3 in 1 Travel System which I love the look of but the negative is buying it online. Also looking at the X Lander Travel System in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I haven't a clue about any of the ones ye have mentioned girls, but if ye have any notion of having a second child in the next two years, get something that can take a second seat, that would be my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

angeline wrote: »
    Interested also in any responses on this. Sorry can't help you myself but first time mother and it's a maze. Was given a quotation for the Quinny Buzz Travel System but don't like it now. Currently have my eye on two, the Uberchild Ultimo 3 in 1 Travel System which I love the look of but the negative is buying it online. Also looking at the X Lander Travel System in Smyths.

In the same boat so, first time for us too ..:) Which? Online has some good reviews for systems.. As far as I am aware Silver Cross is the elite of the systems in todays world...

I have little experience from working in a Smyths Nursery years ago, I can tell you half of the stuff is just for sales sake, so dont be drawn in by you need this and that.. Like the carriage part of the systems now like that old style prams thats all a gimic (well in my own head)...

Not even trying to buy brand new as I think tis mad for the price of the buggies.. But just interested in the reviews of these two.. Went into Smyths and had a look at the Beep Twist (which has hit and miss reviews) but like they are selling for €120 up on donedeal so cant go too wrong even if it only last a year...

Also looking at the Joie Stages car seat, that will be the brand new purchase again reviews are hit and miss with these.. Was looking at the Spin 360 one but the isofix puts me off that...

jlm29 wrote: »
    I haven't a clue about any of the ones ye have mentioned girls, but if ye have any notion of having a second child in the next two years, get something that can take a second seat, that would be my advice!

Thanks Jim thats why I was kinda thinking of the Baby Jogger for later id say it would stand the test of time

Milly33 wrote: »
    In the same boat so, first time for us too ..:) Which? Online has some good reviews for systems.. As far as I am aware Silver Cross is the elite of the systems in todays world...

I have little experience from working in a Smyths Nursery years ago, I can tell you half of the stuff is just for sales sake, so dont be drawn in by you need this and that.. Like the carriage part of the systems now like that old style prams thats all a gimic (well in my own head)...

Not even trying to buy brand new as I think tis mad for the price of the buggies.. But just interested in the reviews of these two.. Went into Smyths and had a look at the Beep Twist (which has hit and miss reviews) but like they are selling for €120 up on donedeal so cant go too wrong even if it only last a year...

Also looking at the Joie Stages car seat, that will be the brand new purchase again reviews are hit and miss with these.. Was looking at the Spin 360 one but the isofix puts me off that...

Yeah a more experienced friend told me not to be taken in by paying more just for the brand name. Not gone on the Beep Twist, reviews aren't great either and slow to buy online in case of any problems. When I went to a shop the other day a saleswoman pounced on me and it was obviously all about sales. She's even set up an account for me when I haven't bought anything yet. I need to buy the base so looking at the bundles including the base. Why does the Isofix Base put you off? Haven't a clue here!!! Think it's the Maxi Cosi with the X Lander System.

• Advertisement

Really haha jes thats a bit much setting up an account... We called into All 4 Baby in Galway and I must say the young chap in there was loverly, so nice, not pushie at all just showed us what was what and very honest...

The isofix well with the Joie Spin on, you cant fit it in a car that has no isofix. Most of the car seats you can fit isofix or normal, but with the spin ones because it is built in as such, you cannot. So I have an older car which it could not go in, lucky I asked as I was all up for that one.. That was going to be the treat..

The maxi cosi the chap in All 4 Baby said are kinda the main carry tots now.. Suit most of the buggy systems, Just be clued in that tis mad spending huge money on these as the baby does not stay in them for that long... Havent looked at the X lander but shall do there now...

I was thinking the same. The stroller is the only part you'll use for a while. Yep, I already have an account!!! She took my name, address, email address, phone number and due date and gave me a receipt with a quotation and her name on it!!! It was the full X Lander bundle with the seat and base I looked at online but yet to go in to Smyths to look at it.

Give a bit of thought to the kind of ground you'll be walking on, and if you're a big walker or not. If you're going to be off-road, something with bigger wheels is better!
    If you're getting a maxi cosi, it'll last you for at least a year, so don't worry about the stages for now! If you're getting a maxi cosi, I'd wait and see what size baby you have before deciding on a next stage car seat- the harness on the stages is outgrown at 18kg, which a big baby could hit at 2, so you might be better off with a seat that's harnessed to 25kg. The stages is from birth though, so you could skip the infant carrier altogether. It gets great reviews too!
    The out n about nipper gets great reviews, if you're not worried about having a lie-flat carrycot -I'm buying a double nipper tomorrow (eeek). For the single you can get adapters for the car seat.
    I bought a silvercross for my first, and 6 years later it still looks perfect, and if I was selling it next year, I think I'd get a couple of hundred for it. I have a fear of buying second hand buggies, a friend of mine bought one a few years ago (and gave a couple of hundred euro for it), and one of the wheels fell off after a couple of weeks! I'd have to know who I was getting it off, or examine it with a magnifying glass before I'd hand over a penny!

Sorry, I'm rambling, you didn't ask about any of those things!

@jlm29 I agree totally re buying second-hand as you've no comeback if anything goes wrong. Thanks for info re car seat. I thought the base would last from birth onwards but the woman in the shop told me the base in the bundle would only do for that particular car seat?? She said otherwise I'd be looking at a dual one or something...so when I'd next need a new car seat which would be soon enough I'd need to buy a whole new base acc to info I was given. Sorry Milly for hijacking your thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Buyer beware really re secondhand - we got both ours secondhand (Baby Jogger City Mini for day to day and BOB Ironman for running) and no problems at all really.

We have the Joie Every Stage for our 14 month old, we're very happy with it. He outgrew the infant carrier early and is a lot more comfortable rear facing in the Every Stage.

I'd also consider putting a bit aside for a good sling, particularly if you live in an urban area, travel often or use public transport a lot. We have a Manduca and a Connecta and live in an inner London borough and wouldn't be without them.

• Advertisement

angeline wrote: »
    @jlm29 I agree totally re buying second-hand as you've no comeback if anything goes wrong. Thanks for info re car seat. I thought the base would last from birth onwards but the woman in the shop told me the base in the bundle would only do for that particular car seat?? She said otherwise I'd be looking at a dual one or something...so when I'd next need a new car seat which would be soon enough I'd need to buy a whole new base acc to info I was given. Sorry Milly for hijacking your thread.

Yes, sorry milly! I have done a LOT of research on car seats, I love to share it! The maxi-cosi base that will take the next car seat is the 2way fix base. It takes a few of the infant carriers I think , and then it takes the 2 way pearl seat. The maxi cosi infant seats seem to have the best longevity, my little boy fit it until about 15 months, and he's around 90th centile for height and weight. Usually it's the easy fix base that comes with those packages, that's the one i have!

But there's plenty other isofix second stage car seats, they just don't have a separate base and seat, it's just one unit!

Yeah it's the easi fix base that comes with the X Lander Travel System alright. Can graduate to a longer lasting one after that I suppose.

See tis all about the money money!! Yep the bases you need to change with the seats mostly.. Ah no problem at all with the hijacking and sorry! I said Jim instead of JLM think I have done this before.. The more information the better...

Good thoughts with the size of the baby jes if ours is anything like I was as a kid, twill be a thumper so good idea maybe to chill on the car seat.

Another question too for the parents, re the car seat and leaving hospital can it be the car seat (as in the lets say the Joie stages) or does it have to be one of these maxi cozis/carry tots?

Re the terrain JLM yep was thinking of this, thats why i kinda fancy the City Mini as we would normally go walking in woods rather than nice footpaths, so would prefer to spend the money on the jogger than the first system. I am toying with the idea of getting the jogger second hand with just the bassinet but im not sure.. Thanks rainbow great to know it is Jogger is good haha I have a Bob too :) and the Joie.. It is odd as Which? give great reviews for the Spin Joie but the stages gets low enough.. Can I ask does the stages recline a decant bit, I completly forgot to check it...

With the second hand yep, I know it could be hit and miss but would check it all out and kinda only go for what looks good. Even the wheel bit would not bother me that much as you can get spares.. Ever the optimistic

Loving all the information thank you too all...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls I have a 0-18kg seat but I am told now that babies can't go into any 0-18kg until 6 months. (Even though they say it's from birth) So I need a baby 0-13kg seat :( a bit disgusted as sold my baby seat 0-13kg.

I hate the 0-13kg weigh a tonne when baby gets bigger and had dreadful trouble with the stupid car seat adapters on my bugaboo!!

Really, thats what I was worried about with the Joie it says 0 up but it isnt like the smaller car seats... I would be well annoyed if i had just sold one too feel your anger..

Really, thats what I was worried about with the Joie it says 0 up but it isnt like the smaller car seats... I would be well annoyed if i had just sold one too feel your anger..

Yeah they are all the same (0-18kg) apparently. My 0-18kg was very dear too :( nearly €400!
    It's to do with the recline position on them for newborns. (Even though they have a newborn insert).
    The car seat man in Sweden and in Belfast said 0-18kg really means from 6months-18kg :(

I have it written in my book thank you again, great to know..

There are so many rules now, I was thinking the smaller car seat would do for quick travelling around, as they say now that the baby should be in them no more than 90mins (thats what we were told), so I was thinking we would get the Joie stages for lets say long journeys.. But sure if the little tot cant go in it for a few months we can just wait...

I have it written in my book thank you again, great to know..

There are so many rules now, I was thinking the smaller car seat would do for quick travelling around, as they say now that the baby should be in them no more than 90mins (thats what we were told), so I was thinking we would get the Joie stages for lets say long journeys.. But sure if the little tot cant go in it for a few months we can just wait...

Yeah I never had my son in the car seat for long. Those adapters had me demented but also found it so so heavy with baby.

The joke of it all is though that I bought my 0-18kg car seat off the person in 2014 who says now I can't use it from birth :( I literally just bought all brand new replacement foam for it too for new baby!

I am in two minds whether to just borrow a 0-13kg seat or suck it up and buy new one

feckers, this is what I mean the rules kinda change all the time, one year it is this, the next something new.. I get safety etc but in some cases I think they are just thinking well how can we make more money off this...I would see if you could borrow one, for the sake of a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Sorry to hijack, maybe I need to make a new thread but went looking at travel systems at the weekend and its a bloody minefield. We liked the Uppababy Vista, new 2017 model but there are a fair few bad reviews online. My friend has the 2014 one and still uses it and loves it.

So hard to decide, you'd think with the price of them you would be guaranteed a good product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

lashes34 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack, maybe I need to make a new thread but went looking at travel systems at the weekend and its a bloody minefield. We liked the Uppababy Vista, new 2017 model but there are a fair few bad reviews online. My friend has the 2014 one and still uses it and loves it.

So hard to decide, you'd think with the price of them you would be guaranteed a good product.

I have the 2015 Uppababy Vista and love it (only complaint is it's a bit wide). Haven't read anything about the 2017 model though so don't know about the issues with that. You could try to get an older model second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Look at the Cruz as well - I have a friend here who has one and has found it really good, and significantly more compact than the Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FebBaby

Also looking at the uppababy vista, Mothercare had old and new model - new model is narrower which seems to be a good thing. Seems like a good sturdy system. Have been recommended it by a good few friends and colleagues.

No bother... There are so many out there alright.. Think a good starter is deciding how much you want to spend and work from there... haha just like a wedding :)... Look at things like that do ye want to buy new or second hand, as JLM said where will ye be using the buggy, how long do ye hope to get out of it..

Maybe go through that list and work from there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Congrats Milly 😄

I have twins now almost six months old. We bought most of our stuff second hand. I have a city select which we used more in early months and around towns and shopping centres and an out and about which we use for country walks. We also have a connecta sling and I'm going to buy another. I wouldn't use it with small newborn though. I love the connecta.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I have the 2015 Uppababy Vista and love it (only complaint is it's a bit wide). Haven't read anything about the 2017 model though so don't know about the issues with that. You could try to get an older model second hand?

It wasnt the 2017 model, just general reviews for the Vista. Glad to hear you are happy with it.

It wasnt the 2017 model, just general reviews for the Vista. Glad to hear you are happy with it.

If you've any specific questions just ask. Ive learned that things that would annoy one person would be something another person would see as a plus!

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    If you've any specific questions just ask. Ive learned that things that would annoy one person would be something another person would see as a plus!

Very true!

A lot of them were to do with it being very wide but I assume its ok in regular internal doors at home? Also about it being really heavy and hard to push esp in double mode (which I dont imagine we will use!) but if its ok in single mode I think I will be happy with it. We have looked in a few shops and its the one we keep going back to.

Very true!

A lot of them were to do with it being very wide but I assume its ok in regular internal doors at home? Also about it being really heavy and hard to push esp in double mode (which I dont imagine we will use!) but if its ok in single mode I think I will be happy with it. We have looked in a few shops and its the one we keep going back to.

It's heavy to lift but light to push if that makes sense. It's incredibly easy to manoeuvre. Now that's as a single. I can't comment on the double. It does fit through normal doors, there just isn't a lot of room to spare. The only doors I've had problems with are the narrow double doors on some older shops etc. You need to open both, you would t get through one. One thing to check is your boot too. It's fine in our car but I'd to take the wheels off to fit it in my mams.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fits!! tis great so it is... I was toying with the idea of the slings as the begining but then watching people put them on I was saying no, I am just no that co-ordinated haha... Twins sounds like fun

Advertisement