Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Elegence Venti

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Ive learned that things that would annoy one person would be something another person would see as a plus!

Absolutely this. What suits me living in a first floor apartment in a busy city, using public transport a lot and babywearing frequently might not suit someone who is walking dogs for miles every day down country lanes and only lifting it in and out of the car.

@Milly - slings really aren't that complicated! The Connecta is as simple as it comes - just a buckled waist and shoulder straps and a big fabric panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    It's heavy to lift but light to push if that makes sense. It's incredibly easy to manoeuvre. Now that's as a single. I can't comment on the double. It does fit through normal doors, there just isn't a lot of room to spare. The only doors I've had problems with are the narrow double doors on some older shops etc. You need to open both, you would t get through one. One thing to check is your boot too. It's fine in our car but I'd to take the wheels off to fit it in my mams.

Thanks so much, puts my mind at ease. Like I said my friend has it and loves it three years on so thats a good sign.

Yes it fits if we take off one wheel, that is into the smaller boot so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Blndbby

I'm not familiar with the Venti buggy but the Uppa Vista does get mixed reviews. A lady I work with warned me not to get it when we were looking at them and made me play around it with it to show me what she meant. She only has one baby but said she really finds it so difficult taking it in and out of the boot due to the weight of it , she does a lot of walking as well and said she doesn't find the wheels too good for all terrains..

I guess it depends on your lifestyle as to which buggy will suit.. but some of them aren't as nice to maneuver as others. Buggy shopping is very tiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm just home from Tony kealys, I looked (briefly, and with no real intention of buying) at a silvercross travel system, that could be used as a double. It was bloody massive! I've seen smaller cars on the road!
    Got my double nipper, delighted with myself now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Maybe i shall take a look at these slings then thanks rainbow, the ones i was looking at were just the fabric ones no buckles, I saw a lady putting it on in the airport and it just looked too much..... Congrats on the new purchase jLm happy trecking to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

I would also recommend slings Milly, I have a Lillebaby and a Manduca. Both are Soft Structured Carriers (SSC), they do up with buckles. Used mine for 18 months first time and only stopped as little man liked to walk. Plan one using them again for number 2. Can be expensive to buy but have a good resale value.

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

There's loads of different kinds of slings. But yep the connecta is super simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

On a high after yesterday, people are just so nice :)... Managed to nab a few bargains all second hand but perfect... My faith has been restored in people

Advertisement