Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options
  • 05-06-2017 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭

First trailer for FIFA 18 just released, Ronaldo is the cover star this year and there's also going to be a "Ronaldo Edition" of the game, whatever that might involve.

It'll be released on September 29th worldwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I see legends are rebranded as icons and they are on both PS4 and Xbox now. Great news.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/871748859231432704

Would love if they revived the skill element of the game.

I think it eroded massively after 2013 with all this chance and error put into the game(mis-hitting shots from 6 yards etc).

17 was an improvement on 14-16 but it's still a poor game.

And please get rid of the no touch dribble and bring back the ball drag.... absolutely no use for that move and nobody uses it whereas you could dribble so much more efficiently with the ball stop/drag back.

Another issue is the pass power... The last few FIFAs just make it feel like you have zero control over the power and slight touches can be rockets at times.
    You had far more control over the power in the last gen.

I used to play FIFA primarily until the switch to this gen.
    Barely played any of the last few more than a few weeks.

I'll approach this FIFA with little optimism based on the last few but know whos, there might be a big change this year.
    They're certainly capable.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FIFA17 was my least played FIFA in years. Just getting fed up with the nonsense in it. They've introduced way too much randomness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I see legends are rebranded as icons and they are on both PS4 and Xbox now. Great news.

Hopefully it's just a rebranding of legends and not new players like Ronaldo and others across both platforms with the traditional legends staying on XBox

We'll know more when E3 happens in a couple of days, I'm not going to get excited yet for anything when it's all a bit vague

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wonder will they include that Journey mode again. It wasnt great tbh

• Advertisement

Didnt play Journey myself but didn't it only last a season or 2, you'd have to imagine they'll continue the career with all the work that went into it for 17

I actually only played FIFA 17 myself for about 8/9 weeks and traded it in and have been playing PES 2017 since.

I enjoyed the journey for what it was. As a starting point it wasn't bad but it needs to be much more fleshed out this time around.

I'd say I'll probably do something similar with FIFA and PES this year unless FIFA does something amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I enjoyed the journey, it would need 2-3 seasons though, it was very short

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Ten euro off the icon edition if you order in-game on Fifa 17. This is what I will be doing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

max life wrote: »
    Ten euro off the icon edition if you order in-game on Fifa 17. This is what I will be doing

What's the cost with the reduction?

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    What's the cost with the reduction?

It's 90 euro after the reduction. Worth the extra few quid if you play a good bit of Ultimate Team because of the extra packs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It's 90 euro after the reduction. Worth the extra few quid if you play a good bit of Ultimate Team because of the extra packs

hmm. I do play a lot of Ultimate Team (only mode I play really) but €90 is a lot of money for a game.

I've never put any extra cash into video games. I play for the grind.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any idea if EA Access customers get a further discount too?

Lord TSC wrote: »

No idea. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they normally get another 10 % off so you get the ultimate version for about ?70 or so

Checked there and it's telling me it's €80 for the Icon edition, so does seem to apply both discounts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Checked there and it's telling me it's €80 for the Icon edition, so does seem to apply both discounts :)

only on Xbox One, not on PS4?

4real wrote: »
    only on Xbox One, not on PS4?

Yeah. Sorry. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/871748859231432704

Thats all it takes for me to buy it. It will give life back to UT for me

irishman86 wrote: »

I don't know what the chances of getting one are though. I've seen some playing on Xbox say legends are very difficult to get. Which is good in one way I suppose.

• Advertisement

If they're full and proper on PS4, same here

Every FUT follows the same cycle for me, and I usually get bored before TOTS because I'm not a fan of using IFs in general I like to use the best players from real life mostly

I'll look at the legends at the start of the game next year but over the course of the game I'd give myself the goal of Roy Keane because I'd love to use him so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

If they're full and proper on PS4, same here

Every FUT follows the same cycle for me, and I usually get bored before TOTS because I'm not a fan of using IFs in general I like to use the best players from real life mostly

I'll look at the legends at the start of the game next year but over the course of the game I'd give myself the goal of Roy Keane because I'd love to use him so much

There is so many Id fancy using, heres hoping they have all the players from previous editions

There is so many Id fancy using, heres hoping they have all the players from previous editions

I don't fully know all the legends because I didn't want to annoy myself but there's a dozen or more strikers alone I'd love to use at different times and so many of the midfielders too, I'd love to sometime field a midfield 3 of Viera Keane and Gattuso because ain't no other midfield dominating those guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

your chances of getting a legend are millions to 1 so don't hold your breath. One good thing about fut17 is the new sbc challenges which allow you to get better players etc.

Getting them in a pack yeah the odds are mad

Got TOTS Ronaldo in FUT 15 so I've used up any pack luck I could ever have

Legends for PS4 would have me trading like mad, would give me a totally different goal than the last 5 FUTs that I've played

Anyone who has played FUT on Xbox able to tell me how long it would take to get someone like Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I see he's about 120-150k now but I'd say he's a good bit more expensive earlier on in the game. Say he'll be somewhere betweeen 500k-600k. How long does it usually take to get to that kind of level? Is it difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anyone who has played FUT on Xbox able to tell me how long it would take to get someone like Ruud Van Nistelrooy. I see he's about 120-150k now but I'd say he's a good bit more expensive earlier on in the game. Say he'll be somewhere betweeen 500k-600k. How long does it usually take to get to that kind of level? Is it difficult?

Check out his price history here under graphs, then click all to see it since the game came out. Started off 700-800.

https://www.futbin.com/17/player/17/van-nistelrooy

Like...that depends entirely on how much money you spend on packs and/or how much time you invest in trading. It's hard to answer.

Like...that depends entirely on how much money you spend on packs and/or how much time you invest in trading. It's hard to answer.

Oh right yeah. I don't want to spend money. I might buy the icon edition but i'd rather not give EA a load of money for packs after. I'm a student so dropping loads of cash on FIFA packs isn't really an option. :D

I suppose what I'm asking is how long did it usually take other players to get to about 500k coins? Are we talking weeks or months usually? I'm just after a very rough estimate not a definite answer so don't feel like you have to be too accurate :pac:

I've played some bits of UT but never stuck it out for the long haul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Determined to get a front two of Ruud and Solskjaer at some point during Fifa 18.

Advertisement