Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I suppose what I'm asking is how long did it usually take other players to get to about 500k coins? Are we talking weeks or months usually? I'm just after a very rough estimate not a definite answer so don't feel like you have to be too accurate :pac:

I've played some bits of UT but never stuck it out for the long haul.

It really depends on how much time you invest into investing and playing the market. I've seen people hit 500k within a week of the game coming out, and some who have never hit 500k.

If you don't trade, I can't imagine hitting 500k without some absolutely stunning pack luck. Usually when the games launch though, there's a group of us on here discussing trading tactics, ideas, etc. I think I hit 500k round 3 months in, but I was slow enough this year. But (not blowing own horn here) I've done it faster in other years and have methods of trading nailed down now. And, as I said, I've seen people hit into the millions within the first few weeks. For a lot of traders, it's listing cards once an hour, every hour of every day to generate coins.

I know that sounds like I'm not giving a straight answer, but its cause it's really hard to. Everyone will have different rates of coin generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

That's great so I'll keep an eye out for the thread closer to release so.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I'd like to see 2v2 online games.

I know you can currently add a guest, but it'd be fun to be able to just jump into a 2v2 game with randomers a la Rocket League.

A load of people controlling just one player each in Clubs mode can be a little too chaotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Paladonia wrote: »

A load of people controlling just one player each in Clubs mode can be a little too chaotic.

I'd love it though..it take the AI out of the equation and this is a good thing for FUT. Even if it was a FUT DKT or monthly tournament. 11 players in vs 11 players (each player gets assigned a randomly picked position in the team and their associated player from their own fut team (ignore chemistry as it means nothing in this mode). Big prizes for the winning team such as IF cards etc.
    Would really make it a fun mode and best thing is everyone would be trying to win so it would really be a team effort ..well hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Two new trailers out, the first one doesn't show much of anything just the usual new hype and the second one shows that the journey is continuing, if they are going to stick with the journey it could be around for the next 5/6 fifas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_7Gz_RFLnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbK_Xw5BiSw&t=0s

• Advertisement

Two new trailers out, the first one doesn't show much of anything just the usual new hype and the second one shows that the journey is continuing, if they are going to stick with the journey it could be around for the next 5/6 fifas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_7Gz_RFLnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbK_Xw5BiSw&t=0s

I wonder will we still get a black card or will the existing one stats increase...would be a nice way of rewarding people over the next 5 years if they continue it..plus give him chemistry with every player. Would be nice if everyone had a black Hunter card every year that would fit into their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Paladonia wrote:
    I'd like to see 2v2 online games.

Eh, co op seasons is exactly what you're asking about.

Blazer wrote: »
    I wonder will we still get a black card or will the existing one stats increase...would be a nice way of rewarding people over the next 5 years if they continue it..plus give him chemistry with every player. Would be nice if everyone had a black Hunter card every year that would fit into their team.

I'd imagine there'll be another black Hunter card and since he's probably working his way up the football world in 18 it should be a better card maybe 81/82 rated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

GameSpot didn't seem too impressed with the version they seen at E3

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-18-continues-to-strive-for-realism-but-at-a-c/1100-6450687/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

FutHead did a nice little video.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

RossieMan wrote: »
    Eh, co op seasons is exactly what you're asking about.

Co-op seasons is for playing with a friend - not what I said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's be ****e with randomers. Just people who can't get a club in pro clubs hogging the ball. Exactly like drop ins is now. Except worse.

GameSpot didn't seem too impressed with the version they seen at E3

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-18-continues-to-strive-for-realism-but-at-a-c/1100-6450687/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

FutHead did a nice little video.

doesnt' bode well..normally the sites cream themselves over fifa..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Blazer wrote: »
    doesnt' bode well..normally the sites cream themselves over fifa..

Some of the things there could be hugely negative. 85% of their goals were long shots from well outside the box. Quick sub is a nice addition but could be use as a time wasting opportunity if it takes 8 seconds to time out and you can use it at every break in play where the pitch reloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Off the top of my head, if they don't fix these things I'll kill dead people.

: Trying to pause but you haven't got the ball, the graphic telling you that you can't pause stays up for ages. What is that all about? I fecking know, I don't need it splattered on the screen for 10 seconds.

: Defending a corner. Why the blazes is one of my CB'standing standing on the edge of the box? That would never happen in real life so wtf

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone know is it possible to get a boxed copy icon edition? I messaged Gamestop and they advised only Ronaldo edition (which is the same price as digital icon edition with the 10% in game discount)

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone know is it possible to get a boxed copy icon edition? I messaged Gamestop and they advised only Ronaldo edition (which is the same price as digital icon edition with the 10% in game discount)

dont think its available as a boxed copy, comes as a digital download only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I think this will be the first year in over 15 years I dont get it on release :eek:
    I just never got into it last year at all, might even go the Pro route if the reviews are similar level for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When is the demo realaced

Usually 2/3 weeks before the normal release date, demo is fairly useless as it's an old build and not reflective of what Fifa 18 will be when it actually comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New stadiums confirmed so far:

Amex Stadium (Brighton)
    John Smith's Stadium (Huddersfield)
    Wanda Metropolitano (Atletico)
    StubHub Center (LA Galaxy)

New broadcast packages (scoreboard overlays, match intro graphics etc.):

MLS (confirmed)
    Ligue 1 (rumoured, not certain)
    La Liga (possibly confirmed by videos)

Some of the new real player faces confirmed:

Renato Sanches
    Radja Nainggolan
    Antoine Griezmann (updated)
    Leroy Sane
    Kevin De Bruyne (updated)
    Kylian Mbappe
    Joel Matip
    Eric Bailly
    There's a video of around 200 more on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Can anybody tell me if the 'Be a Pro' game mode will be available in FIFA18? The mode where you can make your own player, start off playing with the reserves, etc., and try to make it on to the first team? All I can see is this Alex Hunter game mode and I have no interest in Mass Effect: FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The Game Collection + Parcel motel seems like the way to go for me this year.

While 10% off for icon edition is tempting, I rather spend €55 on basic version and blow the rest on the packs when I want instead of waiting for two Jumbo ones every week:D

The premium variants are not of such good value from UK, though.

Regular is £46.95 and Ronaldo is £74.75 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Rumours that FIFA street is in FIFA 18

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rumours that FIFA street is in FIFA 18

Id say itll be apart of the Journey mode

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Standard on PS store is 59.99. Isnt it much of a muchness buying it on Amazon (including postage)?

Also , am I right in saying that the Ronaldo edition is just a few packs (don't play FUT) and 3 days early access?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Standard on PS store is 59.99. Isnt it much of a muchness buying it on Amazon (including postage)?

Also , am I right in saying that the Ronaldo edition is just a few packs (don't play FUT) and 3 days early access?

It shows 69.99 for me.

That's why I pre-ordered from UK for €55 in total.

Ronaldo edition is 20 jumbo packs.If you don't play FUT there is no value in it for you, except the early access.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

wonski wrote: »
    It shows 69.99 for me.

That's why I pre-ordered from UK for €55 in total.

Ronaldo edition is 20 jumbo packs.If you don't play FUT there is no value in it for you, except the early access.

Just rechecked and you are right. Didn't realise it was coming in that much higher. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Placed my order there with thegamecollection.net working out at approx 50 eur plus the PM delivery charge. Best value around it seems, had it day before general release last year when ordered from there.

Placed my order there with thegamecollection.net working out at approx 50 eur plus the PM delivery charge. Best value around it seems, had it day before general release last year when ordered from there.

Did the same this year.

Sorry for what might sound like a stupid question, but if we get it before official release, can we play it straight away, or have to wait until midnight ?

There is an early access for Ronaldo and Icon editions anyway, so I guess it will work straight away, right?

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Did the same this year.

Sorry for what might sound like a stupid question, but if we get it before official release, can we play it straight away, or have to wait until midnight ?

There is an early access for Ronaldo and Icon editions anyway, so I guess it will work straight away, right?

Yep it'll work straight away

I remember a couple years ago the console bundles with Fifa included went on sale a while before, I can't remember how long, before Fifa was supposed to be out and it worked and the servers were up and all so if you get it anytime close to release you'll be fine

Advertisement