Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

wonski wrote:
    Sorry for what might sound like a stupid question, but if we get it before official release, can we play it straight away, or have to wait until midnight ?

wonski wrote:
    There is an early access for Ronaldo and Icon editions anyway, so I guess it will work straight away, right?

Mine worked away grand last year. US release is usually the Tuesday anyway so servers be up.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Did someone mention Fifa street ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14murphy wrote: »
    Did someone mention Fifa street ?

Seems to be a part in the Alex Hunter story where you go to Brazil and play some five on five. Hopefully they work some way to do it multiplayer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seems to be a part in the Alex Hunter story where you go to Brazil and play some five on five. Hopefully they work some way to do it multiplayer as well.

For this year it's prob just an exclusive to get people to play the Hunter mode

If it was a proper feature this year it surely would have been revealed by now since it's less than 3 weeks to release

Lord TSC wrote: »

For this year it's prob just an exclusive to get people to play the Hunter mode

If it was a proper feature this year it surely would have been revealed by now since it's less than 3 weeks to release
    Yeh I agree. What I would do to have a full FIFA street mini game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/852882/FIFA-18-Demo-release-date-PS4-Xbox-One-EA-Sports

Demo out on 12/09 @1am according to the link above.

Hope it's the correct time zone they used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

has anyone been able to download the Fifa 18 demo from the PS store? when I search for it all that comes up is the option to pre order the various full versions of fifa 18 which are not out until 29th September

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

has anyone been able to download the Fifa 18 demo from the PS store? when I search for it all that comes up is the option to pre order the various full versions of fifa 18 which are not out until 29th September

It will be out today, but no specific time announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Out and about on the PS web store....probably on the console one by now

HDR enabled from the off....nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

From some of the capture event footage looks like you can play an online singles match. Hope to god that's the ability to play an online game against a random opponent. Infuriating u haven't been able to do that last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

liking it so far..it seems the players are a lot more realistic in their turning/dribbling etc and it seems a lot more fluid with no lag.
    Hopefully this is what the finished game is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Blazer wrote: »
    liking it so far..it seems the players are a lot more realistic in their turning/dribbling etc and it seems a lot more fluid with no lag.
    Hopefully this is what the finished game is like.

The game should be better,heres hoping,by the way is online with the demo.

Taking it's time to download !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

14murphy wrote: »
    Taking it's time to download !

fancy a game of 17 while we wait

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The game should be better,heres hoping,by the way is online with the demo.

Nope, you can continue a bit of the Alex hunter story though

I like it, it feels much more natural and the crossing looks likeyou can cause trouble with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah, it's a pretty promising demo! Consider me interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know if i buy a fifa 18 copy from US i wont be able to purchase fifa points using the game on Irish PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

FIFA is region locked from previous versions. Not sure about this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Really Like the small changes to penalties been able adjust the run up speed and seems like you can aim better then power up.

• Advertisement

The quick subs idea is so simple yet genius.

The quick subs idea is so simple yet genius.

Any news on if that will carry forward to the ultimate team? I'd love them to not allow pausing games at all.

It'd be a great idea. I don't go near online, mainly for that reason. Lads sitting in formation and subbing for as long as possible. I'd rather play the bloody training mode.

It'd be a great idea. I don't go near online, mainly for that reason. Lads sitting in formation and subbing for as long as possible. I'd rather play the bloody training mode.

Not even that it would cut out the guys pausing the game when they about to lose the ball or have a chance on goal hoping to catch the other person off guard I f9oking hate it.

I love the idea of quick subs. I rarely sub but if a suggested player might better my game I'm all for it.
    Crossing feels great. I didn't score from a cross last night but they look much more realistic and all of my attempts could've easily caused a problem for my opponent. Really looking forward to the game this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm disappointed by it overall.

The quick subs is a nice addition and the AI play more like a human player........ but they haven't fixed any of the game play issues. All of those "that's bullsh*t" (EAids, according to reddit) moments are still present where seemingly random things will happen to totally shaft someone. The refs still make really bad decisions.

The 90 degree body feint seems a bit better but not as OP as it was back in FIFA15. The Cruyff turns seems slower, as do fake shots after skill dribbling. Four star skillers will be more important than ever in FUT especially against the better players.

I'll still buy it and play an absolute load of FUT, but I think that PES is catching up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I hope there's an option to turn HDR off in the full game. My picture is completely washed out. Looks better with HDR enabled on the tv but I like to play in game mode due to the reduced input lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anyone else tried it on PC ? For some reason (and I checked all my settings which are fine) the gameplay is extremely slow, almost like you're playing against someone who's on a 56k modem...

Weird thing is, with cutscenes like celebrations etc. it runs smooth.

That aside, it looks nice, the quick sub thing is great but not sure if the upgrade is worth it right now. I'll see how FUT works out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Its very sameish for me
    I was hoping for more although i have only played one game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Batesy wrote: »
    I hope there's an option to turn HDR off in the full game. My picture is completely washed out. Looks better with HDR enabled on the tv but I like to play in game mode due to the reduced input lag.

I've noticed this too. The colors look a bit washed out for me on the demo. It wasn't like that for me on FIFA 17 (or any previous versions).

Advertisement