Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not Tried the demo. What's the quick sub thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not Tried the demo. What's the quick sub thing?

You can setup 3 planned subs before a game and then when the ball is out of play you can activate one by holding the RT button. Or if you don't have any setup you hold the ST button and they give you a suggestion when a player is fatigued or injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Anyone else tried it on PC ? For some reason (and I checked all my settings which are fine) the gameplay is extremely slow, almost like you're playing against someone who's on a 56k modem...

Weird thing is, with cutscenes like celebrations etc. it runs smooth.

That aside, it looks nice, the quick sub thing is great but not sure if the upgrade is worth it right now. I'll see how FUT works out.

Have you unticked the 30fps lock in the settings of the FIFA launcher? I missed that when I first booted and had similar issues.

Also, anyone pre-order with Amazon before? Reckon it'll get here on the 29th or after?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going to be a long time to get to play a game in career mode if you have to do this for every transfer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    You can setup 3 planned subs before a game and then when the ball is out of play you can activate one by holding the RT button. Or if you don't have any setup you hold the ST button and they give you a suggestion when a player is fatigued or injured.

Just tried it there on the demo. Loved it.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just tried it there on the demo. Loved it.

I bet you it won't be implemented in ultimate team it would make it so easy for swapping out players for chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I bet you it won't be implemented in ultimate team it would make it so easy for swapping out players for chemistry.

I'll be pished if it isn't

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'll be pished if it isn't

Same as bit it could be one of the many features that's in career mode thats not in ultimate team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That has it's downsides though, especially in the weekend league. In FIFA 17, using 2 to 3 subs in the last 10 mins of games was the difference between so many wins and loses for me. Stick on NIF Giovinco with 89 pace and full stamina running at tired defenders (most of them have low stamina) was lethal, even against elite players.

I'm not sure if I want them to include quick subs in FUT. If I see Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar being subbed into a BPL team with Kante, Renato Sanches, that'll be annoying, but the lack of quick subs won't stop them doing it really.

I'm also not sure if I want them to restrict changing formations - not that there's been talk specifically about that. It'd be very annoying not to switch to an advantageous formation to exploit your opponent or change the flow of a game, but then, lots of people abuse the chemistry system by changing in minute 1 (I'm also guilty of that, because it was by far the easiest way to overcome stupid thing's like not being able to play Rashford at LW without a chemistry hit and squeeze in the max amount of my favourite players).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 paul444

Best place to buy it this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

paul444 wrote: »
    Best place to buy it this year?

Smyths preorder 59.99 euro (collection in store only).

Edit: sorry, it is 59.99, not 54.99.

Still not a bad deal.

I just bought it from thegamecollection there. Cost €55 roughly incl. delivery.

EA access trial is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭redmond08

SuperValu Lucan saying €49.99 for PS4 and Xbox One. But the official Twitter page of SuperValu Ireland saying €74.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Cheapest to get the icon edition?

Luap wrote: »
    Cheapest to get the icon edition?

Buying it through FIFA 17 gets you 10% off and EA Access a further 5% I think.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Been playing online this evening, it's a bit better than 17 but still has some seriously annoying rubbish.

Matchmaking keeps giving me opponents who are blatantly miles better than I am too, but I am guessing that's because there's not a lot of players online yet. I hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 buffon

Quick question folks, I'm buying Fifa 18 icon edition for my 2 sons (And Me :-) ) and just wondering if I download it to my ps4 account (main account) as usual will their accounts also get the tows packs etc or is it just the account that downloads it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

buffon wrote: »
    Quick question folks, I'm buying Fifa 18 icon edition for my 2 sons (And Me :-) ) and just wondering if I download it to my ps4 account (main account) as usual will their accounts also get the tows packs etc or is it just the account that downloads it?

Just the one account unfortunately

Anyone have the Ronaldo or Icon edition pre ordered on Xbox?

Says on mine that it will be playable from the 29th but it should be the 26th. Anyone else the same?

• Advertisement

Anyone have the Ronaldo or Icon edition pre ordered on Xbox?

Says on mine that it will be playable from the 29th but it should be the 26th. Anyone else the same?

Yeh mines the same if you click see in store it stays the 26th but this is for the standard edition if you go down the page you see the other versions go to icon and it says the 26th.

Yeh mines the same if you click see in store it stays the 26th but this is for the standard edition if you go down the page you see the other versions go to icon and it says the 26th.

Cheers. Yeah when I click on the Ronaldo edition (one I pre ordered) it says the 26th but it gives me the option to pre order even though I have already but the game and extras are installed.

Also it says it unlocks at 1AM. Thought it would have been ready to go at midnight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Reviews ain't been great. Apparently way too easy to score. Liked the demo, will see what you guys make of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Pre ordered the standard edition from gamestop for my son and me. Looking forward to getting a good start to this season..

Cheers. Yeah when I click on the Ronaldo edition (one I pre ordered) it says the 26th but it gives me the option to pre order even though I have already but the game and extras are installed.

Also it says it unlocks at 1AM. Thought it would have been ready to go at midnight?

I think it's to do with were still in summer time out times are still one hour ahead of gmt that's what I always assumed.

Reviews ain't been great. Apparently way too easy to score. Liked the demo, will see what you guys make of it!

There was an overnight update to gameplay one of guys on ultimate team thread said it's a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Stab*City wrote: »
    Pre ordered the standard edition from gamestop for my son and me. Looking forward to getting a good start to this season..

If you have Smyths store nearby you can save €20 ;)

Did the Ronaldo/Icon edition unlock for anyone on Xbox at midnight?

Did the Ronaldo/Icon edition unlock for anyone on Xbox at midnight?

It's 1 am

• Advertisement

It's 1 am

I forgot :P

I'm still worried with it saying the 29th instead of the 26th.

Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement