Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Does anyone know when you get your packs if you got the ronaldo Edition? I’ve redeemed the code, got confirmation that I have the Ronaldo edition, yet no change on the game, no pack of the week, no r

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Axwell wrote: »
    Why not just sell it on adverts if its new and unopened. Unlikely that someone is going to buy the ps4 version by accident and want to swap it I would imagine.

It's on adverts already :)
    Just thought I'd ask as a mate wanted the PS4 version so I'd see if I could swap mine as I am not playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ok so what advantages should I be taking advantage of seeing as though I have the early edition? Is this a good time for the transfer market?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I see Gamestop Italy are doing the PS4 pro and FIFA 18 for €399. I wonder we will get a offer like that.

https://m.facebook.com/commerce/products/1645597528819164/?rid=112324253131&rt=6&hsi=1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Numerous SuperValu's on social media stating that it will be €49.99 on PS4/Xbox One.

A few of them seem to have it out for sale at the moment, but unfortunately it looks like there's about 5 of each console from the pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Paully D wrote: »
    Numerous SuperValu's on social media stating that it will be €49.99 on PS4/Xbox One.

A few of them seem to have it out for sale at the moment, but unfortunately it looks like there's about 5 of each console from the pictures.

Couple of my mates work in SV.

1 of them has 5 on hold for himself and other mates so don't expect much left when they actually do go on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I pre-ordered fifa for click and collect a few weeks ago and was sent this an email by Smyths to redeem the code. Even it was for click and collect.

These were the steps which I followed up to 6

1. Create an account on your PSN-enabled PlayStation®system (or use your existing account).
    2. Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS4™ system Home Screen.
    3. On PlayStation®Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu on the PS4™ system.
    4. Enter the code. Please note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
    5. Once the code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box from the PS4™ system.
    6. Select 'Download' to start downloading the content.
    7. Select 'Continue' to complete the code redemption on the PS4™ system.

Except I was not able to download it after I reedemed the code. How will be able to download it. I have never redeemed a code before so its new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered fifa for click and collect a few weeks ago and was sent this an email by Smyths to redeem the code. Even it was for click and collect.

These were the steps which I followed up to 6

1. Create an account on your PSN-enabled PlayStation®system (or use your existing account).
    2. Select the PlayStation®Store icon on the PS4™ system Home Screen.
    3. On PlayStation®Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu on the PS4™ system.
    4. Enter the code. Please note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
    5. Once the code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box from the PS4™ system.
    6. Select 'Download' to start downloading the content.
    7. Select 'Continue' to complete the code redemption on the PS4™ system.

Except I was not able to download it after I reedemed the code. How will be able to download it. I have never redeemed a code before so its new to me.

It is a dlc - preorder bonus. You might need to install the game first by collecting it from Smyths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

wonski wrote: »
    It is a dlc - preorder bonus. You might need to install the game first by collecting it from Smyths.

Ok thanks for telling that. Thats a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Counting down tomorrow for when I recieve my copy! thegamecollection sent it out Wednesday so hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭polarbearhead

Jesus it's impossible to defend. Just run at defence and your through every time. I hope they fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Nothing in Supervalu Talbot st and I severely doubt any in the quays..

Wont get to Smyths so looks like its gamestop at lunchtime :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Is it safe to assume if smyths sent the DLC code, that I can pick up my copy today? They haven't sent the usual email/ text.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

nesthead wrote: »
    Nothing in Supervalu Talbot st and I severely doubt any in the quays..

Wont get to Smyths so looks like its gamestop at lunchtime :mad:
    Was just about to report that Talbot Street aren't stocking it... If you make it to the quays before me let us all know!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Faker74 wrote: »
    Was just about to report that Talbot Street aren't stocking it... If you make it to the quays before me let us all know!

I didn't bother... saw no posters in the window during the week, unlike last year.

nesthead wrote: »

I didn't bother... saw no posters in the window during the week, unlike last year.
    Cheers man.

List of stores stocking it HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What price though?

Anyone know what cheapest price is?

Tusky wrote: »
    What price though?

Anyone know what cheapest price is?

Going by SuperValu’s twitter feed looks like 49.99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Always good to see EA ****ing over the PC players.

Origin simply does not have a download button for the game... A ton of people complaining, zero correspondence from EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Collected one of the last ps4 copies in Grove Island at about 9.30 this morning, €49.99

• Advertisement

Got a copy in the Supervalu around the corner from Hueston station in Dublin. All the PS4 copies are gone, and running low on Xbox One copies. Just to note when I asked if they had any left the very helpful lady asked if I'd called and put my name down. I assume it was someone in the store being helpful and allowing people to reserve, and not offical policy, but it might be worth calling ahead to your nearest store and seeing if they'll keep you a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus it's impossible to defend. Just run at defence and your through every time. I hope they fix it

Fix what exactly, the more realistic defending that's supposed to be more difficult? I hope for once EA don't pussy out and "fix" such a thing just because people aren't willing to learn the new system. Same thing happens every year when people complain and the game is ruined by November and it's all about pace again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Very few appear to be stocking copies in Galway unfortunately. Was a great price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've used Legacy defending in the last two releases, so is that an option again?

Downloaded the 10 hour trial on Origin, so will give it a go over the weekend. Hopefully career mode has some improvements other than the transfer cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone getting the Switch version? Curious to hear what it's like.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Anyone getting the Switch version? Curious to hear what it's like.

Thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057790484&page=8

By all accounts reviews gave it a bit of a pass and easy time as it's "FIFA on Nintendo!! :eek: "

Seems decent but definitely completely separate from the other versions. Online is meant to be atrocious too but that's Nintendo for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Need some help lads so I came here , promised the little brother fifa for his bday next week and went to all my local game shops and it was sold out , (not a player myself,didn't know it had to be pro ordered as i was told in gamestop) Will it be available after the weekend in shops or online ?

any help appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Need some help lads so I came here , promised the little brother fifa for his bday next week and went to all my local game shops and it was sold out , (not a player myself,didn't know it had to be pro ordered as i was told in gamestop) Will it be available after the weekend in shops or online ?

any help appreciated thanks

You should be able to get it somewhere. Argos, Smyths, some Tescos and some SuperValues (they are probably sold out alright though)

I just checked and Argos in Galway has some. Check it online for your area.

If there is a copy in your local Argos reserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

You should be able to get it somewhere. Argos, Smyths, some Tescos and some SuperValues (they are probably sold out alright though)

I just checked and Argos in Galway has some. Check it online for your area.

If there is a copy in your local Argos reserve it.

Sweet !! over 5 left in my local argos will pick up tomorrow !! :D cheers IncognitoMan:D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Sweet !! over 5 left in my local argos will pick up tomorrow !! :D cheers IncognitoMan:D:cool:

Reserve it. It doesn't cost anything and its guaranteed to be there tomorrow so you won't be wasting a trip.

Advertisement