Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Having real trouble with being muscled off the ball. Any tips how to do better with this? Professing l2 but not making much diff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Have to say I'm loving this so far. I'm in the minority who think that Fifa 16 and 17 were two of the best but this seems better already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I have I think the game is good probably one the better fifas a few bits like defending could be patched up. I found a lot of the recent Fifas were trying to be too realistic to be fun however this is fun and realistic at the same time. I enjoyed Fifa 17 but Fifa 16 was one the worst Fifas on record just a carbon copy of Fifa 15.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Probably been said 100 times over but the goal keeping is atrocious, players like Modric are like Maradona too very unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is Clive Tyldesley in the game? If he is, how do you select his commentary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

So far I’ve played 9 games online and 3 of them had over 10 goals and I also lost one match 7-0.

That’s pretty ridiculous but I have to say it’s some craic to play. I agree about the keepers though. May as well be an open net.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

My solution with mates is both agree to go all out attack from the kick off and have a laugh because you cannot take the defending or keepers serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

have bought every fifa since longer than i care to remember and am still undecided about this edition (have played around 9 games online as i only ever really do online seasons), defending is very difficult and frustrating and noticed you can take a pop from miles out and score some crackers so i guess it balances it a bit
    seems to be harder to control the ball when dribbling in close quarters though and find myself kicking it a bit too far ahead when i didnt mean to. i think it will take some getting used to but it seems like fun so wont complain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have to say that despite some issues I'm enjoying this more than 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Finding it hard to get fully into it after playing pro ev the last 2 weeks. Hadn’t played pro ev properly in years but really enjoying this years version.

Also , can’t seem to sell or loan out players on career mode! Don’t know what’s wrong there! Oh and when I put in Fifa disk the first time it had to load up or something(like it needed to unzip a file!!! Music didn’t start either (I had to go into music settings)! Like the game was unfinished.

• Advertisement

I have to say I've been pleasntly surprised by Fifa 18. Fifa 17 was good but it lacked a certain something which 18 has. I can't remember the last time EA consistently made two good fifas in a row but 17 and 18 have both been good.

I'm glad to finally see something good done with career mode my personal favourite game mode for the first time in a while. +1 for the contract clauses, being negotiate outside windows and the best part cut scenes like manager of month, player of the month and signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Can anyone confirm if some of manager mods issues have been fixed. For example do scouted players still have terrible (ungrowable) composure? And does manager mode still have a stack of broken board expectations that can't possibly be completed?

I love manager mode, I'd genuinely buy fifa17 again if they'd fixed those problems.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

RossieMan wrote: »
    You've said that already.

It's actually the best improvement in years, over the top crappy players are the only ones whining I've found.

Finally a game for the passing player until they **** it up with a patch like every single year.

No need to pass it, it's easier than ever to just go on a run and score. The AI defending is really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Anyone else's fifa stuck on the load screen today (xb1)?

One thing that annoys me about Fifa year after year is why are the teams in Serie B the Italian second division unlicensed in the game. This is an issue in Fifa year after year I know it is not that major but it puts me off doing a career mode with an Italian team because if you play more than one season or play cup matches you'll come across unlicensed teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The patch has done feck all for defence in the game, it's a joke.. Defenders falling over and forwards walking past for simple goals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Cotts72 wrote: »
    The patch has done feck all for defence in the game, it's a joke.. Defenders falling over and forwards walking past for simple goals

Agreed, played my first game post patch, was beat 7-6 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

First time I've ever traded a FIFA. Absolute trash this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Woeful. I hope EA start feeling it in their wallet after releasing the same recycled crap ever since FIFA 14.

Looks like I'll be upgrading to PES tomorrow.

First time I've ever traded a FIFA. Absolute trash this year.

It could be a good game but basic design flaws are holding it back.

They fixed the shooting/goalies but the defensive line is still a huge problem.

Sick of people passing it into my net since defenders just drop into the six yard box and don't defend from edge of the box.

I'm also noticing a few too many goals from KO.

In my last game which went to ET 3-3, he scored twice after I scored and his third was a cheesy pass into the six yard box for a shot.
    I'm noticing a massive amount of concessions after a goal and I'm not sliding around or seeing a set attacking trend... You just seem more vulnerable direct from a KO.

It needs another patch, if one doesn't come soon I'm going to uninstall it.

I won't say PES is the holy grail because I have it there and while in general it has less issues it has a massive issue where someone can thump a through ball from miles away and split your defence.. in particular towards the wingers.
    If they can sort that it would be fine but its a game breaker in itself.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Finding it hard to get fully into it after playing pro ev the last 2 weeks. Hadn’t played pro ev properly in years but really enjoying this years version.

Also , can’t seem to sell or loan out players on career mode! Don’t know what’s wrong there! Oh and when I put in Fifa disk the first time it had to load up or something(like it needed to unzip a file!!! Music didn’t start either (I had to go into music settings)! Like the game was unfinished.

You have to go into squad hub now to sell players and renew contracts etc.

I won't say PES is the holy grail because I have it there and while in general it has less issues it has a massive issue where someone can thump a through ball from miles away and split your defence.. in particular towards the wingers.
    If they can sort that it would be fine but its a game breaker in itself.

I wouldn't say it's a game breaker but it can definitely be abused. From my experience with PES 2017, once you get the hang of the through ball/counter attacking the game just becomes too easy. Besides that though, the defensive AI does show a great deal of intelligence and actually has some tactical awareness, whereas in FIFA they just back off, leave a gap, and the attacker gets past them.

Is PES 2018 like that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So they're both sh!te?! :pac:

Time Striker made a comeback!

They should just do a rebuild of the PES5or6 AI with updated cosmetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

change your custom tactics to stop defenders falling back all the time.
    The defending is fine , people just need to learn it's nuances

Anyone up for a bit of This Is Football?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

The more I played Fifa 17 on PS4 the more it frustrated the life out of me. I swore I wouldn't buy 18.

Turns out it's been cracked on PC just a day after launch. Currently playing it and don't feel one bit guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ardent wrote: »
    The more I played Fifa 17 on PS4 the more it frustrated the life out of me. I swore I wouldn't buy 18.

Turns out it's been cracked on PC just a day after launch. Currently playing it and don't feel one bit guilty.

That's like going into a shop and picking up a drink you don't like and not paying for it cause you don't like it...... Thief..

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Ardent wrote:

That's what demos are for......Thief

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I'm also finding defending impossible but at least it makes for entertaining 5-4 games! The one thing I'm disappointed in is that they've made muscling attackers off the ball even easier. It's ridiculous when you're ahead of the fullback down the wing and they magically push you off the ball with ease. It's even worse than it has been for the past few years.

• Advertisement

Its seems to be very easy to give away a penalty against the cpu. However 6 times out of ten they seem to miss.

Advertisement