Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 18

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Every second game online is against PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Well are you playing with the same team all the time?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Well are you playing with the same team all the time?

Nope.

Seems to be if you pick any 4 or 5 star team you're going to be playing against PSG an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Anyone having trouble with players constantly hurdling passes?
    Seems to be happening the whole time(tapped X passes and not holding R1)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'm also finding defending impossible but at least it makes for entertaining 5-4 games! The one thing I'm disappointed in is that they've made muscling attackers off the ball even easier. It's ridiculous when you're ahead of the fullback down the wing and they magically push you off the ball with ease. It's even worse than it has been for the past few years.

THIS! I find it hilarious that every attacking player is bashed off the ball if the defender is within about a foot of him ha. It reminds me of the old sprinting problem where the fastest player in the game would lose a footrace to the ball with any bog standard defender even when both starting from the same place.

I do enjoy the passing in midfield to open a team up but if there is any 50/50 balls the opposition wins the ball every time (at least in my case).

Graphically on the ps4 pro it looks amazing. I didn't bother with the last two fifa's so its a big jump from 2015. All in all I'm happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone finding some offsides are not being called ?

I'm certain I've scored 2 or 3 goals when offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

CPU scored against me last night and was about 3 yards onside, got called offside so no complaints from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

CPU scored against me last night and was about 3 yards onside, got called offside so no complaints from me

People complain about the refs in Fifa but I think it's realistic because teams often get fcuked by refs in real life. They should put a post match press conference section on career criticise the ref and you get a touchline ban meaning you have sim a certain amount of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

When a goal goes in I normally hold R2 and then accidentally make a raft of quick substitutions :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I started up a new league, with Chesterfield, and am going to do it just with youth players. Put everyone on the transfer list, and will phase the main team out as soon as i can. I slightly cheated and searched for a future young star, but will stick with just what my scouts find from now on. Also knocked it up slightly in difficulty, to give myself a proper challenge :)

• Advertisement

Up in difficulty? Do you not play on ultimate? It makes it a proper experience grinding out 1-0 wins.

Pft, no chance. I'm not very good, so won't be playing it on ultimate anytime soon.

Won't be playing it on anything at the moment, as the latest update seems to have broken the game on the pc. Constantly getting stuck in the pre-match training, and it just won't load.

In the lower leagues, strength seems to be by far the most important stat. Constantly getting shouldered off the ball. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got any?? Any mode

I'll give ye one....... Referee's kits' clashing with teams, usually the opposition lol. Jeez that pisses me off something awful.

Mod Edit: No Need for a separate thread for this. Have moved posts to here..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Where to fúcking start...

1. Refs blocking players and the ball hitting off them. Refs should be non-collision.

2. Off the ball trips and fouls. Countless times I'm tripped off the ball nothing is given.

3. "Special" goalkeepers.

4. Hitting the post twice a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

J. Marston wrote: »

4. Hitting the post twice a game.

only twice? I must hit the bloody thing about 10 times a match.
    Its ridonkolous.

J. Marston wrote: »
    2. Off the ball trips and fouls. Countless times I'm tripped off the ball nothing is given.

I feels. The off the ball craic is awful at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Anyone on PS4 fancy playing games of anything? There's no specific thread for FIFA 18 on it so thought I'd post here. PSN: Shockamola

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

just bought Fifa 18 ...upgrade from 15 this seemed the one to get
    graphics seem much better/more realistic

1st impressions play seems slower but more realistic collision's..
    I was wondering was I doing something wrong holding sprint Rashford cudnt outrun anyone :(

are people using default controls??
    seems like shud at least be doing semi for some things

and got the usual hidings from brother when called over to try it bah.

Morshlac wrote: »
    just bought Fifa 18 ...upgrade from 15 this seemed the one to get
    graphics seem much better/more realistic

1st impressions play seems slower but more realistic collision's..
    I was wondering was I doing something wrong holding sprint Rashford cudnt outrun anyone :(

are people using default controls??
    seems like shud at least be doing semi for some things

and got the usual hidings from brother when called over to try it bah.

If you have the ball it can take unusually long to reach max sprint speed with a player, I think you're supposed to use the right analog stick to knock the ball in front of you to accelerate quicker.

• Advertisement

For goodness sake give me one game ever the ref's kit isn't clashing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone playing this on PC? is it worth getting for PC?

I play on pc nolars. It's perfect on it, players are abit ****e though tbh. Not as competitive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

Game is good but the game is just one constant rush to get the ball forward. They really haven't been able to replicate team AI at all. Movement of CM's is all wrong. They look to move forward in straight lines too much, some teams might play like this but not everyone.

Also, I just realised that so many teams are boring AF now, only teams I really like are Leicester, PSG, Bayer Leverkusen and City. Other than that no team os really fun to play with. I think it's because the way the game play naturally suits Leicester and Leverkusens IRL style(and Liverpool but I don't like their players atm) and obviously just stroking it around with Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar is a pleasure.

EA don't give a **** outside EPL. I was playing Dortmund vs Leverkusen and noticed both Pulisic and Volland, two pretty high profile Bundesliga players don't have their likeness. Really poor. They defo had Volland's preset in like 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

21Savage wrote:
    EA don't give a **** outside EPL. I was playing Dortmund vs Leverkusen and noticed both Pulisic and Volland, two pretty high profile Bundesliga players don't have their likeness. Really poor. They defo had Volland's preset in like 2015.

Aren't Dortmund linked to Pes?
    Volland doesn't surprise me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

Got Fifa 18 the other day as a present for the PS3. Game is fine when I'm playing vs computer but online the controls seem to go haywire-when defending players keep slide tackling without being asked, defenders rush out to play offside and keeper sometimes comes running out leaving an open goal. When in possession players inexplicably pass/shoot. Using same controller and set up online and off.
    Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'm usually real pedantic where LMs have to play LM or in their second position.

Is there a way of viewing the second and third positions of players you don't own? In Fifa 16 you just had to click R3 on the transfer Market but it's all different now and can't seem to find a way.

Cheers

Why did they get rid of the fluid formations? I want to play Walker and Delph as DM's when defending(to mimic real life) but they don't have the option available anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

21Savage wrote: »
    Why did they get rid of the fluid formations? I want to play Walker and Delph as DM's when defending(to mimic real life) but they don't have the option available anymore.

Is that not a PES feature? I don’t ever remember seeing it in FIFA.

Advertisement