Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Joint Account

• 05-06-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has gone through the following experience. Myself and my partner are hoping to open a joint account together in my local credit union. My bank statement, bills, etc. would all be addressed within the common bond area of the credit union, therefore suitable to use as proof of address. However, my partner is not from the area, and does not have anything addressed to him within the common bond area.

Is it allowable for us to open a joint credit union account even though only one of us can prove an address within the common bond catchment area?

Have discussed this with a member of staff in the CU but they were unsure themselves and said they would get back to us, just wanted to see if anyone had had a similar experience.

Advertisement