Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for online banking365 - mobile top up.

Options
  • 05-06-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I recently topped up the wrong mobile phone number via banking365 and BOI more or less said 'tough luck' and sent me off to the mobile operator to attempt retrieval. 

Can I suggest that BOI add mobile phone numbers for regular top ups in the same way a payee is added for regular payments on the banking365 online system.

In my case the mobile operator managed to get my credit returned but only because the owner of the mobile number that I mistakenly topped up agreed to the process. If the owner had refused then I would have been out of pocket.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Armadillo wrote: »
    I recently topped up the wrong mobile phone number via banking365 and BOI more or less said 'tough luck' and sent me off to the mobile operator to attempt retrieval. 

Can I suggest that BOI add mobile phone numbers for regular top ups in the same way a payee is added for regular payments on the banking365 online system.

In my case the mobile operator managed to get my credit returned but only because the owner of the mobile number that I mistakenly topped up agreed to the process. If the owner had refused then I would have been out of pocket.
    Hi Armadillo,

Thanks for your suggestion we'll ensure to forward this to our development team. When processing a top-up you are asked to review the details entered and to confirm this with your 365 pin before the top-up is processed. Once a top-up or transfer has been confirmed with your pin, we're unable to stop or reverse the payment.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Thanks.
    Yes I made a mistake and I don't blame the BOI for this mistake - just the process could be more user friendly.
    Maybe just warn other users to be careful or they could lose their money. 
    I know I am not the 1st person to make this mistake as a simple google confirmed other users seeking a solution for same issue.

419340.jpg

Advertisement