Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Shoulder Chops

Options
  • 05-06-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Saw these in supermarket but before I buy them, what's the best way to cook them?
    Can they be quickly done on the pan or foreman grill like a regular pork chop, or do they really need to be slow cooked or used in casserole?

Cheers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Pork Shoulder needs to be slow cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

These came out in tesco a few months back (or maybe I never noticed them before).

Think some are called collar chops. The cooking instructions were similar to regular pork chops. But they were better done slowly. I do not like the big ring of fat on regular chops. These have it throughout, and you can pick and choose which looks best, i.e. there is a lot more difference in the fat than on regular chops.

IDShot_540x540.jpg

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Advertisement