Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning off "verified by Visa"

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to cancel/turn off verified by Visa on debit cards? The whole things a pain  in the back side and just adds to the numerous stupidity of trying to remember passwords. I have both business and personal cards and am fed up with this stupid system 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

neris wrote: »
    Is it possible to cancel/turn off verified by Visa on debit cards? The whole things a pain  in the back side and just adds to the numerous stupidity of trying to remember passwords. I have both business and personal cards and am fed up with this stupid system 
    Hi neris,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with this service. When using your card on a website that has chosen to use Verified by Visa, it's not possible to cancel it. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Timmybauld

This. Verified by Visa is a waste of time.  Im moving to new banking apps since SEPA and that damn verified by visa keeps stopping me topping them up from my old account.  Its a nightmare. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Timmybauld wrote: »
    This. Verified by Visa is a waste of time.  Im moving to new banking apps since SEPA and that damn verified by visa keeps stopping me topping them up from my old account.  Its a nightmare. 

Hi Timmybauld,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you feel this way. As this is a security feature when using your Visa Debit card online, we are unable to stop this.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement