Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honest mistake

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I have been banned from after hours for ignoring mod instruction but it was an honest mistake. The mod gave me an instruction on thread and through private message at 20:36, the instruction was to not post on the thread in question again.
    However at this point I had already started a post to reply to another post directed at me, I did not see the on thread warning or the private message. The post I was constructing involved some historical events. I was looking up some dates to include in the post (in the end I didn't post these) but I wanted to check my facts before I posted.
    For this reason it took my a while to post and I did 9 minutes after the mod warnings by private message and on thread. After I posted I saw the on thread warning. I was attempting to respond to this by apologising and saying I didn't see the warning before I posted but I had already been banned.
    I have spoken to the mod in question but they say that they don't believe me and have sent me here. I will copy the private message exchange below. Thanks for reading. Edit: Just to say the beginning is of the exchange is at the bottom and the ending is at the top.

Sorry I don't believe you. Take it to DRP if you wish.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neverever1
    Yes but I was posting. Honestly I didn't see it! I was just checking the facts and googling Britains involvement in each country, it took a few minutes. It was an honest mistake.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbie!
    10 minutes after I pm'd you you posted. I'm not lifting the ban.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neverever1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbie!
    Dear neverever1,

You have been banned from After Hours for three days for ignoring a moderator's instructions.

Discussion can become heated, we don't object to that, but when a moderator issues a warning on a thread to reign things in, it stops a heated discussion from turning into a mess.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Barbie!

Moderator Note

Not only was there a thread warning I pm'd you also to tell you not to post.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neverever1 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
    Its almost like Britain isn't actually as important as you make out.
    Well let's go through the places mentioned and see if Britain have had any negative involvement:
    Egypt - Ah yes
    Saudi Arabia - They basically created the place
    India - Let's not go there
    Iran - Check
    Israel/Palestine - Right at the heart of that one
    Bush's invasion - I think Britain helped out with that one

So maybe leaving Britain out was an honest mistake, you think?

I didn't see it! I was making that post above and checking facts! I only saw it when I posted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can look into this for you but I am hesitant to start until your other open DRP is resolved. Could you please either make a post saying you are abandoning the appeal or continue with it as instructed. Thx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 864 ✭✭✭neverever1

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I can look into this for you but I am hesitant to start until your other open DRP is resolved. Could you please either make a post saying you are abandoning the appeal or continue with it as instructed. Thx

I'll get to that but you can close this because the mod has given me the benefit of the doubt. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement