Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apply limits on debit card

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I was wondering if is possible to apply limits to a visa debit card linked to a current account to for example 200€ and block the card (or even better only the transaction) in case of a double transaction of the same amount. 
    If is possible, I would like to know how long would it take to set it up and once set up how long would it take to remove the limit for a bigger purchase.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

sirio wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if is possible to apply limits to a visa debit card linked to a current account to for example 200€ and block the card (or even better only the transaction) in case of a double transaction of the same amount. 
    If is possible, I would like to know how long would it take to set it up and once set up how long would it take to remove the limit for a bigger purchase.

Thanks
    Hi sirio,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

With a debit card, you can make payments up to your available funds and it's not possible to restrict or limit this. You can put a limit on ATM withdrawals to any amount you require.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement