Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting New Hampshire this summer - things to do

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I'll be visiting NH this summer, staying in Portsmouth and Nashua before travelling to Boston. (I'm covered with things to do in Boston).

Has anybody any recommendations or must do's or things to see in NH? Will be in the area for approximately 3-4 days and have access to a car so can travel.

Any tips or feedback is appreciate, thanks Richie :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Visit Mount Washington (highest mountain in New England). There is a road which enables you to drive to the top and there is an observatory there which also houses cafe and shop.

If you want to do some shopping North Conway is an outlet mall Mecca and all shopping is tax free in New Hampshire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The Kancamagus highway between Lincoln and North Conway is a must.

In Portsmouth you are right next to Kittery, Maine for outlet shopping and a little further up are nice sea side towns like Ogunquit and Kennebunkport.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

Thank you for the suggestions : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Ben and Jerrys factory tour is in Vermont, not too far away. If you end up near the coast, id recommend the whale watching. I was blown away by it. Pity the sea sickness tablets nearly had me asleep. Mt Washington is worth a visit alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

• Advertisement
Advertisement