Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hide certain forums from latest posts list

Options
  • 05-06-2017 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

The list is usually full of worthless nonsense from After Hours. Can that be filtered out to show posts from more useful forums ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This has been asked a few times before, and I'm afraid it's not possible. However you can follow the forums you want to see and click on the "My Forums" tab rather than the "Latest Posts" one. I do also think you're being a bit unfair to AH. It might not be your cup of tea, but to describe it as being worthless is doing it a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I once got myself banned from Soccer so it wouldn't show up on my feed - it wasn't doing my blood pressure much good.

Ask the AH mods to ban you and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Zaph wrote: »
    This has been asked a few times before, and I'm afraid it's not possible. However you can follow the forums you want to see and click on the "My Forums" tab rather than the "Latest Posts" one. I do also think you're being a bit unfair to AH. It might not be your cup of tea, but to describe it as being worthless is doing it a disservice.

That's unfortunate. I use the latest posts as they're from forums I don't subscribe to, so I can discover posts/forums I wouldn't normally see while seeing the latest. There's so many forums on here that I'd prefer to keep the My Forums list just to the forums I visit regularly so I can find them quickly in the drop down and find new threads quickly in the tab.

I dunno if I am being unfair tbh. I've been around a while and AH never changes. It's a horrendous place for discussion, really low quality of discussion/threads, lots of insults and mobs and random moderation which creates absolute disasters of threads and cultivates a really bad culture on there. It's a shame that a site with so much going on and some really good communities has that place as its focal point.

But that's just my opinion. For the people who use it I'm sure it's worthwhile but for me it's not. For me it's just clogging up the latest post list with 5/6 crappy threads any time I look at it. Similar to a poster who's posts drive you mad it would be great to just stick a forum on ignore and forget it even exists !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Victor wrote: »
    I once got myself banned from Soccer so it wouldn't show up on my feed - it wasn't doing my blood pressure much good.

Ask the AH mods to ban you and see if that works.

That's not a bad idea. Thanks.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Unfortunately the tech isn't there for something like this, but I like Victor's workaround :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement