Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards UK and Ireland Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Pete Dunne, would love to see him in the cruiserweight as the Bruiserweight would make an excellent heel like Neville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pete gets my vote.

@Omack why did the Haskins vs Mcguinness match end? It was 2 votes to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

LeeJM wrote: »
    Pete gets my vote.

@Omack why did the Haskins vs Mcguinness match end? It was 2 votes to 1.

My apologies, I was posting from my phone and was casting the final vote for McGuinness but must not have hit send properly. Loved his work in ROH and in TNA as Desmond Wolfe too. FWIW, I saw Haskins live at the weekend and he really was incredible.

Ps I'll be providing more intros and comments in the next round. There's only a handful of first round matches left to go.

Tyler Bate

Dudley, England

screen_shot_2017-05-19_at_14.03.48.png

Vs

Wade Barrett

Preston, England

wade-barrett-king-0.jpg

Tyler Bate. Guy is phenom and already at 20 years old has had a five star match on a huge WWE show, is one third of a massively popular faction and oh yea did he mention he is only 20!!

• Advertisement

Gonna go for Bate myself too. Compare any Tyler Bate match to a Wade Barrett match and there's your answer, can't actually think of a memorable Barrett match. Bate has personality in abundance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tyler Bate for me too. He's got everything. I liked Barrett well enough but there's only one winner here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Tyler. Wade never did anything for me. He was tall, and pretty skinny. Tyler Bate is absolutely phenomenal. He's been the greatest surprise I've had in a long, long time. And only 20. Him and Pete Dunne have a massive future ahead of them

Mason Ryan

Cardiff, Wales

mryan2.jpg

Vs

Finn Balor

Bray, Co Wicklow, Ireland

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_finnBalor.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

This is a tight one.....

I'll have to go Finn tough choice though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finn and it's not even close

Finn. No need to explain why

Really? Finn! Mason had nothing going for him, other than his body

Ha ha. Finn.

Sheamus

Dublin, Ireland

sheamus_new.jpg

Vs

Noam Dar

Ayr, Scotland

13320173_271361686547291_1775383666_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI2MjQ1NDgyMTU4MDIyMTc3MQ%3D%3D.2.c

Sheamo. His achievements speak for themselves, just needs the Intercontinental title to complete the full set and he and Cesaro are good to watch these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Sheamus for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Has to be Seamus

Rob Terry

Cardiff, Wales

latest?cb=20140506023338

Vs

Trent Seven

Wolverhampton, England

screen_shot_2017-01-06_at_12.18.34.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Trent for me Terry was terrible

• Advertisement

Trent for me too. Will do a proper write up for him if I vote for him in Rd2

Trent for me. Very charismatic

We've reached the Sweet Sixteen of the tournament. We still have 4 nations vying for a spot in the quarter finals as the best of the UK and Ireland do battle. We'll continue on with 3 votes need for victory in a bout. Please include why you are voting for your choice. All draws are made with the Random Number Generator.

Sheamus

The Celtic Warrior

Fighting out of Dublin, Ireland

sheamus_new.jpg

Vs

Finn Balor

The Demon

Fighting out of Bray, Co Wicklow, Ireland

Superstar-Category_Superstar_562x408_finnBalor.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Crap. Crap on a cracker. This is basically a flip of a coin. Love Sheamus. Love Balor. AHHHHH!!!!

Purely based of Sheamo's career in the big leagues I'm going with him. Not sure that's entirely fair to Finn, but that's what I'm going for. I hate this draw so much:(

I'm gonna go with Finn, just to stick with the 50/50 booking!

Seriously though, I love Sheamus too, but I just prefer Finn's in ring style. I think he's potentially going to be the bigger star when all's said and done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Sheamus, has achieved alot in his career with the WWE and is only short the IC title to make it a full house. His run with Caesaro in the tag division is one of the highlights of the show lately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finn. Love Sheamus, but overall I've enjoyed Finn more, especially his work in NJPW.

Finn. His NJPW run doesnt get even half of the plaudits it deserves. He founded the Bullet Club which as an entity has taken over all of wrestling. And he is going to be a main eventer in WWE for many years ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sheamus for me, really like them both, but Sheamo just shades it.

• Advertisement

The Battle for Irish Supremacy falls in favour of Finn Balor in a stellar 3-2 victory. Can The Demon keep his momentum going?

---
    Neville

The King of the Crusierweights

Fighting out of Newcastle, England

c41593e18c5ad309-600x400.png

Vs

Trent Seven

Moustache Mountain

Fighting out of Wolverhampton, England

screen_shot_2017-01-06_at_12.18.34.png

Advertisement