Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards UK and Ireland Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gonna stick a vote on Neville here. Lack of knowledge of the other guy issues again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Neville. Trent seems grand, but I enjoy watching Neville wrestle, and his current heel run has been really enjoyable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Trent is great but his time isnt now, Neville is the man Im going for.

He hasnt shown his best in WWE in-ring wise, but his character work since the turn of the year has been excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Neville shows why 2017 is his year as he puts down the man from the Black Country. How far can he go?

---

Zack Sabre, Jr

The Technical Wizard

Fighting out of Kent, England

c47abc8eb6zsj.png

Vs

Tyler Bate

Textbook

Fighting out of Dudley, England

screen_shot_2017-05-19_at_14.03.48.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ZSJ by a massive margin. One of my favourite wrestlers going, he's just bloody fantastic and I love watching him. Bate is grand and has a long and likely successful career ahead of him, but he's just not at Zack's level for me.

• Advertisement

I couldn't really get into ZSJ in the CWC to be honest, everything he did, I thought Jack Gallagher did better. As for Tyler, he's a great character to watch live and in the ring he's phenomenal in my opinion. Really like his subtle new look of the beard (as opposed to the moustache), the shaggy hair and the jacket. Tyler gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gonna go with Tyler too. ZSJ was grand from what I've seen of him, but was more blown away by Bate

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll level it up here with a vote for ZSJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Tyler, for the same reason that Omackeral gave. ZSJ is technically good but just couldnt connect with him the same way I have with Tyler Bates.

Another super tight affair but it's the young gun Tyler Bate that bests the technical wizard. Up next is a real battle of past vs future.

---
    Davey Boy Smith

The British Bulldog

Fighting out of Manchester, England

2yzmw6v.jpg

Vs

Pete Dunne

The Brusierweight

Fighting out of Birmingham, England

wwe_uk_champion___pete_dunne_by_nolegsgaming-dbarcux.png

• Advertisement

I'm jumping straight in here with a vote for the Bruiserweight. I think this guy is gonna be an absolute star. He can do it all. He can brawl, get technical and flip around. For the record, Davey Boy is one of my fave ever. He's never been world champion, I think Dunne will be.

I'm going to go for Davey Boy. Still a shame he was never world champion imo.

I was a big Davey fan, but he was never on the heel level that Pete Dunne is.

For a small guy, he somehow makes himself come across as like 6'4" or something. He's got that unquantifiable "something" and he's gonna be right at the top for years to come. Pete Dunne for me

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm jumping straight in here with a vote for the Bruiserweight. I think this guy is gonna be an absolute star. He can do it all. He can brawl, get technical and flip around. For the record, Davey Boy is one of my fave ever. He's never been world champion, I think Dunne will be.

Again voting for Dunne for the same reasons that Omackeral has given. 2017 is the year for the King of the Cruiserweights but feel that when Dunne comes up to the main roster the Bruiserweight will out do Nevilles run this year as one of the top heels in the company.

Already decided, but I'm also gonna say Dunne. He's just so damned good at what he does, both from an in-ring and a character perspective.

One of the pre-tournament favourites goes out to the Young and Bitter Pete Dunne. Can he go all the way?

---

Jimmy Havoc

Suicidal

Fighting out of Camden, England

photo.jpg

Vs

Nigel McGuinness

The Tower of London

Fighting out of London, England

62c4a99b4cdesmondwolfe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nigel for me a great career cut short

Nigel for me too. His style cost him longevity but he was amazing.

Nigel here too. Don't know enough about James Calamity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Cant believe ye white washed Jimmy Havoc. Anybody that voted against Jimmy in either this round or the last because you know nothing about him I recommend you go look up his work in Progress and elsewhere. He is one of the main reasons Progress has gotten as big as it is. His feud with Will Ospreay from early Progress is legendary. Anyway I would have voted for Jimmy but its a mute point now.

• Advertisement

Nigel rolls on through to the Elite 8 at the expense of Jimmy Havoc. A bit of Celtic warfare next...
    ---

Finlay

The Belfast Bruiser

Fighting out of Belfast, Northern Ireland

8c27b58788fit.jpg

Vs

Drew McIntyre

The Chosen One

Fighting out of Ayr, Scotland

PhpegTUe.jpg

Drew. 100% Drew. Awesome in the ring, good on the mic. And he's the Chosen One after all. Doesnt wash his hands after pissing, mind

I want to vote Finlay here but I can't. Drew gets my vote too.

Finley for the mullet alone

finlay-fitfinley-davidfinlay01-1318764708.jpg

Finlay, that mullet alone is worth a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Finlay as well.

Stunning comeback from Fit Finlay as the Fighting Irishman ousts the last remaining Scot 3-2.

---

Jack Gallagher

The Extraordinary Gentleman

Fighting out of Manchester, England

GALLAGHER_06222016ca_0012JPG.jpg

Vs

Paul Burchill

The Ripper

Fighting out of Chelsea, England

tumblr_lli093uHhb1qbkhw3.jpg

Not gone on Jack tbh. But have to vote for him over Burchill. Reckon both guys will have similar trajectories in their career. Gentlemen Jack gets my vote.

Jack Gallagher. I don't remember Burchill being anything particularly special tbh, Jack I find entertaining enough at least.

• Advertisement

I love Jack, I do and hes done so well in Vince land than I ever imagined. My vote has to go for him despite I love Burchill for doing his best with a god awful gimmick.

PS, Burchill isnt my fav pirate

hqdefault.jpg

Advertisement