Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards UK and Ireland Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We've only one spot remaining in the last eight and it's two dastardly gents who are vying for the berth.

---

William Regal

The Real Man's Man

Fighting out of Blackpool, England

williamregal.jpg

Vs

Marty Scurll

The Villain

Fighting out of Cambridge, England

3f2e6b0308b27aa64f3e4b3212644ddd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Regal, sure hes a legend. An under achieving one to some extent but a legend none the less

Hes a mans man after all. Without him we wouldnt have that awesome theme song.

hqdefault.jpg

I do like Marty though, but Regal has to get the nod here.

PS, remember Party Marty....

23314.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Marty will be a star but Regal will at least get to the final here imo and gets my vote in this one (though the Irish lads might have something to say about the first part).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I like Marty, the Villan gimmick is one of my favourite gimmicks in awhile but always liked Regal and he done well with any gimmick thrown his way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Regal for me handled anything thrown at him incredibly well and is having an impact on up and coming talent aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Regal for me. Awesome wrestler and he can do anything, from intensity to comedy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Marty. I love Regal, but Marty is just so good. I've seen him a few times, and he's been fantastic to watch. I was ecstatic when he joined Bullet Club because it felt like they'd added someone that mattered for the first time in a while.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another Regal vote from me.

The line up for the quarter final is a veritable who's who of the UK and Irish wrestling scene. The Elite 8 match-ups will begin this evening where a competitor will need four votes in order to make it through to the semi-final stage of the tournament. Stay tuned...
    William Regal ENG

Neville ENG

Finlay NI

Jack Gallagher ENG

Nigel McGuinness ENG

Pete Dunne ENG

Finn Balor IRE

Tyler Bate ENG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i didnt think this would be hard to pick but theirs been ones were i could barley decide

• Advertisement

We relaunch the tournament with a bout featuring two guys who clashed prior to coming to WWE. They couldn't be more opposed to each other. It's first to four votes so ladies and gents without any further ado...

---

Pete Dunne

The Brusierweight

Fighting out of Birmingham, England

wwe_uk_champion___pete_dunne_by_nolegsgaming-dbarcux.png

Vs

Jack Gallagher

The Extraordinary Gentleman

Fighting out of Manchester, England

GALLAGHER_06222016ca_0012JPG.jpg

Dunne, I like Jack and think he's good crack but Dunne will be going to the top as main event level heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pete Dunne. Guy is already a star and will all things going well be the first English WWE World Champion. Jack is fine and entertaining but isnt near the level of Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Dunne for me too. Gallagher is great entertainment but Dunne is a big star in waiting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Gonna vote Jack. I don't question that dunne will be a talent but Jack is further ahead at the moment.

I find it very hard to judge potential Vs current worker or older wrestler. Because you are basing it on the promise they have shown Vs something we've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am going to go with Dunne, future main event star in the making.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunne. Jack has been fun, but he can't touch Dunne for entertainment value.

Dunne. Jack is good, and fun to watch. The Bruiser weight is on another level. Top notch

The Bruiserweight bullies his way into the semi-final, looking a real contender here to go all the way. Can one of these men stop him perhaps?

---

Neville

The King of the Crusierweights

Fighting out of Newcastle, England

c41593e18c5ad309-600x400.png

William Regal

The Real Man's Man

Fighting out of Blackpool, England

williamregal.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is another tough one, with both men deserving winners. Gonna go with Regal as Neville's time will come, but Regal's time has passed and his career has been much better than Neville's at this point in time.
    Regal ftw!

• Advertisement

Neville for me just to even things up. I'd consider him more exciting in ring, so he just edges Regal out for me

Regal gets my vote as not only has he had a stellar career in ring with some legit great matches and some of the best comedy work in WWE history. But also now as the head talent scout for WWE he has played a major part in changing what the requirments are to be in WWE.

Neville, his heel run since his return has been fantastic and have been a big fan of his work for awhile now.

Regal for me was a far more diverse​ worker in terms of gimmicks and is having a lasting impact in terms of talent identification and training with NXT

Has to be Regal for me. Neville is good but hasn't shown the longevity of Regal.

It's the elder statesman who advances past the braggadocios King of the Cruiserweights in a mighty British tussle. However, it's a battle of two Irishmen in our next bout.
    ---

Finlay

The Belfast Bruiser

Fighting out of Belfast, Northern Ireland

38b64b521d44eae8cc5c0de4b4aef745.jpg

Vs

Finn Balor

The Demon

Fighting out of Bray, Co Wicklow, Ireland

rs-206491-002_Tokyo_07042015MM_00320-1372028211.jpg

Finn. For all the reasons I mentioned previously and I'll add that having the ability to shift from Demon King to leather jacket Balor Club leader at any given moment is a rare ability that not many people could pull off so well.

Yeah. Balor here. Infinitely more popular now in his career probably than Finlay was entirely. Also, love the Demon persona more than anything else in wrestling at the moment.

Finn for me great wrestler and presence a lot further ahead in his career compared to where Finlay managed to get to

• Advertisement

Finn definitely. He's had a super career already and still has huge potential.

Advertisement