Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone taking the trains recently from Colbert?

• 05-06-2017 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

With all the works going on this month is everything going smoothly?

I have a few important trips to make to Dublin this month and don't won't to be late.

Are the bus transfers occurring on time.. aren't late etc? I presume Bus Eireann are handling the bus end of things and well... if you've used the buses enough you know what I mean about no show / very late buses....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Champ wrote: »
    With all the works going on this month is everything going smoothly?

I have a few important trips to make to Dublin this month and don't won't to be late.

Are the bus transfers occurring on time.. aren't late etc? I presume Bus Eireann are handling the bus end of things and well... if you've used the buses enough you know what I mean about no show / very late buses....

I assume the majority of the bus transfers are connecting with the Cork trains so they'll surely leave early enough to arrive at the junction in time for the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Every bus leaves 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled train time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

if you are going to Dublin on a Saturday be prepared to be late and don't be surprised if it's up to 1.5hrs delayed and they won't tell you what's going on after the first 20 minutes on the tracks. So on a Saturday from Limerick to Dublin give plenty of margin time.
    During the week I haven't had any problems and the trains were on time without an issue the problem was Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Just use Dublin Coach - they run every 30 minutes from Arthur's quay, UL and Annacotty and drop you off at Red Cow or Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Just use Dublin Coach - they run every 30 minutes from Arthur's quay, UL and Annacotty and drop you off at Red Cow or Dublin city centre.

Yeah.Apart from the extra leg room there isn't much incentive to use the train.The bus is just as quick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

sleepyman wrote:
    Yeah.Apart from the extra leg room there isn't much incentive to use the train.The bus is just as quick

Much prefer the train. You can walk around, stretch your legs, get a drink, charge your phone, lots of leg room, have a little table so you can write/read. The bus is tortuous for me. Though I am 6' and find it difficult to stay sitting for more than 30 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Thanks for the feedback guys.

FYI I prefer the train as it's that much more comfortable and a table gives you more options as panda mentioned. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's fine once there isn't a big match or concert on in Dublin. They overbook then and you won't get on your scheduled bus. But usually its ok.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are the buses still running as normal? I've a friend who needs to travel to Galway on Monday and they weren't sure what the story is about buses leaving the station.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Are the buses still running as normal? I've a friend who needs to travel to Galway on Monday and they weren't sure what the story is about buses leaving the station.

Yeah. The buses are still running. The work only affect the railway tracks further out from the station, not the station itself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement