Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill.ie

• 06-06-2017 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if CHILL is a genuine bank?
    I applied for an online car loan and was contacted within 24 hours and asked to send scans of my passport and three months bank statements. Although the caller was very professional and sounded credible, I thought she was a little too eager to give me the loan and so have not sent anything. I felt that I had foolishly already given too many details on line to a company who may not be genuine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They aren't.

I didn't know they were offering loans, and their website has this info

Chill Money are proud to team up with AvantCard DAC with respect to the arrangement of personal loans in Ireland. AvantCard’s loan and credit card business evolved from the Irish establishment set up by MBNA Europe Bank Limited (“MBNA”) in March 1997

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

So while not an actual bank, they are a genuine lending company. I was worried that they may be scammers out to get personal details.
    They are offering loans but the APR is quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Mutant

annascott wrote: »
    So while not an actual bank, they are a genuine lending company. I was worried that they may be scammers out to get personal details.
    They are offering loans but the APR is quite high.

Hello i was looking at these aswell. Did u go with them after. How long did they take to get back to you and how long did underwriters take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

My wife has a loan with them, it was over 20k so the Apr was the same as the credit union, under this amount I think the Apr was much higher.

She did it all through the phone app and uploaded her ID and statements.Money was in our account in 2 days.

I have no connection.

Advertisement