Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Great Balls Of Fire

• 06-06-2017 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Silly name & poster for a pay per view aside. One match for the show is official

18839080_1464059726965805_477253522370784559_n.jpg?oh=4e9b1db44ee697bb08ee6306a1954701&oe=59B080A3

WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe

More matches TBA.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

This has to be the worst named event ever. Here's hoping they don't try to play up to the name, and have Lesnar flamethrow Joe's testicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This ppv is made for Kane but hes off campaigning to be mayor of some place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

PTH2009 wrote:
    This ppv is made for Kane but hes off campaigning to be mayor of some place

20 years just passed since he stormed into that cell and tombstoned undertaker, crazy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Brock vs Joe has potential to either be one of the greatest matches of the year, or one of the most crushing disappointments of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Brock vs Joe has potential to either be one of the greatest matches of the year, or one of the most crushing disappointments of all time.

if brock actually starts wrestling again and gets away from suplex city hes been on since mania 31 it could be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

thats-a-penis.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I wanna see Bray work this into a promo:

"FIRE SAVES US FROM THE DARKNESS.... CARRIES US INTO THE LIGHT... BUT YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL THESE GIANT BALLS OF FIRE... AND ONLY I KNOW HOW TO CUP THEM IN MY HAND..."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm surprised Paul Heyman managed to keep a straight face while saying it last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So looks like they changed the logo again
    20170604_GREATBALLOFFIRE_TEMP_social--ac180d1c804194586a6b80a574e8ac97.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/great-balls-of-fire
    Now it looks like some kind of demon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

20 minute Illustrator job on that.

• Advertisement

Its no improvement on the original flying flaming testicles.

Jesus, I've never heard of a worst name PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The principle ppv sponsor is this Rocket League game, which is like a futuristic football demolition derby looking thing. I'd imagine that's why they called it what they did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Neil3030 wrote: »
    The principle ppv sponsor is this Rocket League game, which is like a futuristic football demolition derby looking thing. I'd imagine that's why they called it what they did?

It looks completely ****.

The game doesn't look great either.

Pentecost wrote: »

The game is meant to be awesome. It's sold millions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pentecost wrote: »

The game is amazing, It's soccer with rocket cars.

Fair enough I only saw a few clips. I'm not a gamer these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Brock was ufc heavyweight champion until he fought a decent fighter who proceeded to kick the living crap out of lesner and take his belt. CM punk went to the ufc also and got the lard beaten out of him. These guys are big softies it appears

Autochange wrote: »
    Brock was ufc heavyweight champion until he fought a decent fighter who proceeded to kick the living crap out of lesner and take his belt. CM punk went to the ufc also and got the lard beaten out of him. These guys are big softies it appears

Jesus this **** is embarrassing.

I know but i would say they make a great living out it all the same. We all grew up watching the wrestling. Kane when he wore the mask was my favorite

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The game is meant to be awesome. It's sold millions
    The game is amazing, It's soccer with rocket cars.

Can confirm Rocket League is a fun game, downloaded it for the PS4, played a bit of it after Batman Arkham Knight.

• Advertisement

When are you going to tell us its all fake?

We all know its fake. Its no different to watching easterners or coronation street. Its entertainment. They are great athletes who go through pain and risk of serious injury to put on an entertaining show . Im just saying when some of them tried the fight game in real life they got whipped. Lesner was champ for a bit to be fair but was found out.

We all know its fake. Its no different to watching easterners or coronation street. Its entertainment. They are great athletes who go through pain and risk of serious injury to put on an entertaining show . Im just saying when some of them tried the fight game in real life they got whipped. Lesner was champ for a bit to be fair but was found out.

Whilst you're not wrong really, what are you telling us that we don't already know?

Ken Shamrock,Josh barnett,Lesnar,Dan Severn,Sakuraba,Nakanmura,Bobby Lashley,Funaki and Del Rio have all fought in mma with winning records, you sound like an armchair fan that has neither competed in any sport and thinks they know it all

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Getting found out after beating the likes of Mir, Couture and Carwin ain't all that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭briany

I like the name as it feels like a throwback to the days when early IYH PPVs had different unique titles of varying naffness, e.g. In Your House: Beware of Dog. With a name like Great Balls of Fire, it's not likely to be used again, so would be of the same ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've seen a few people saying "in your house" was a bad title. Am I the only one who doesn't think it's bad? I've always liked the sound of "WWE/F in your house".

Surely it's at least not on the same level as "great balls of fire".

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Completely agree, someone above mentioned Beware of Dog being naff but I disagree personally. British Bulldog challenging the ultimate face at the time in HBK therefore: Beware of (Bull)dog. Makes sense to me anyways! I always liked how the subtitles related to what storylines were occurring at the time in comparison to Great Balls of Fire which has nothing to do with anyone or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance the will bring in Honky Tonk Man for a one shot deal to sing Great Balls Of Fire.

Or maybe give Rockabilly one last run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Only for Elias Samson to come out and interrupt

Updated card for the PPV

WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar (Champion) vs. Samoa Joe

Ambulance Match
    Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

Singles Match
    Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt

Raw Women’s Championship
    Alexa Bliss (Champion) vs. Sasha Banks

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Neville (Champion) vs. Akira Tozawa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will they Cass/Enzo already or will that be Summerslam?

The build for Lesnar v Joe has been really well handled to date.

The build for Lesnar v Joe has been really well handled to date.

Joe's being built as a threat/someone who can go toe to toe with Brock. If the finish wasn't known, you'd genuinely think Joe could beat Lesnar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Joe's being built as a threat/someone who can go toe to toe with Brock. If the finish wasn't known, you'd genuinely think Joe could beat Lesnar.

Stranger things have happened, either way it's great to see Joe being utlised properly and so long as he goes down with a fight he can push on from where he was before the title shot

• Advertisement

The build has been so good with joe/lesnaar im going to be gutted if they just have brock do his routine suplex city match dominating

Yeah if they go 10 minutes and have him in suplex city the whole time ala Ambrose it would make the last few weeks completely redundant

Stranger things have happened, either way it's great to see Joe being utlised properly and so long as he goes down with a fight he can push on from where he was before the title shot

Realistically Joe loses, but have him come out on RAW the night after, and have him brag about how he took Lesnar to his absolute limits. And that he'll be wanting a rematch some time down the line.
    Yeah if they go 10 minutes and have him in suplex city the whole time ala Ambrose it would make the last few weeks completely redundant

This DEFINITELY needs to be avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A 10/12 minute version of Goldberg/Brock WM 33 would be great for me.

Just all out war.

A 10/12 minute version of Goldberg/Brock WM 33 would be great for me.

Just all out war.

Exactly that was one of my favorite matches of the year and probable the best 5 minute match ive ever seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully Lesner vs Joe will be everything Lesner vs Goldberg was suppose to be

ALL OUT BRAWL
    ALL OUT WAR

Id love I'd we got blood too

But I'm ready too be disappointed and Lesner will prob win it in about a minute

Lesnar is seriously good at selling - his face while the clutch was applied was serious. I thought his eyebrows were gonna pop off his face!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

This has to be the worst named event ever. Here's hoping they don't try to play up to the name, and have Lesnar flamethrow Joe's testicles

Every match better end like this:

Except form the front otherwise it will be false advertisement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I'd love Joe to win

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love Joe to win

It would absolutely make Joe if he was to win the title after the build up they've had

The benefits to a Joe win are endless, you're creating a new star, one who'll be around full time and be someone at the top for people to aim for, someone new

I'd take a good showing from Joe in reality, I've always been a Lesnar mark because he's a freak but for the first time ever I'll be cheering for the other person in a Lesnar match

On paper, the show looks good. MIGHT stay up and watch it.

The build up would have me thinking Joe could beat Brock

Don't know how Brock could lose to Joe though

Edge on the Great Balls Of Fire name.
    Before we go any further for how stoked I am for Joe vs. Brock, I gotta mention again this pay-per-view name is just brutal. I mean, come on. It's a great song, I'm a fan of Jerry Lee Lewis, I appreciate everything he did, dancing on pianos, setting them on fire, he was a trendsetter, he was a groundbreaker; that song was from the 50s, I don't know if it needs to be the name of a pay-per-view. I picture just flaming testicles now when I hear that. And then when you see the logo for it it just looks like flaming testicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cant wait for Brock v Joe, it should be at WM but it is where it is, whatever happens, i really hope Joe leaves as the star of the night

Would love if wwe were sound and put joe and brock on first so I could watch. Should be a good show if the matches deliver feel the tag match could steal the show.

• Advertisement
Advertisement