Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Great Balls Of Fire

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Crown Crown Crown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Starting off with bray ahh well time for bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I do not get what some people see in Cass. He is more generic than a CAW template.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Enzo is incredibly good on the mic. Shame he's not tall enough for Vince

Loved that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Been a long time since I watched WWE but christ that was odd to give a guy so much mic time, who seems pretty over and then just bury him.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Been a long time since I watched WWE but christ that was odd to give a guy so much mic time, who seems pretty over and then just bury him.

Big class is getting the push. Enzos strength is the mic. I'd say Enzo will manage someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I guess this is going too end on 3-3

Very Sneaky by Cesaro

Bad head cut for Matt

• Advertisement

That looked great in slow mo

Fairly average match. Strowman throws roman on to the stage instead of the ambulance.

So Samoa Joe is getting 5 or so minutes?

This is stupid. Why am I watching this.

This is stupid. Why am I watching this.

Have some respect, Braun could've been killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So Roman is definitely heel now?...
    Right..

Like attempted murder surely justifies a heel turn?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Brock needs a month of Leg Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A solid ppv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So Roman is definitely heel now?...
    Right..

Like attempted murder surely justifies a heel turn?...

Commentary suggested a double turn but I'll believe it when Reigns comes out tonight and goes on an epic heel rant.

Truth be told they probably just did this to add an "edge" to the Big Dawg in his quest to believably dethrone The Beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Alexa Bliss is just great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Alexa Bliss's ass is just great

FYP :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Great to see brock actually have a match for a change instead of 10 minutes of boring suplexes

Surprised Bray got the win, i wonder what there going to do next

Something doesnt look right with Big Cass, hes a big dude obv but is not really as muscular as he should be. He will be a star one day. Enzo is brillent on the mic but id give him a commentary role instead of managing someone as he baciscally done that with Big Cass but the manager/wrestler thing has been working out very well with Xavier Woods ??

Knew Miz was going too win but its seems to be going well for Bo Dallas and Curtis Axl being with the miz

Alixa Bliss is good but they need to turn Sasha banks heel

Enjoyed the tag match and it was very sneaky by Cesaro too win it. Matt Hardy is looking like he is starting to get broken. I expect the Hardyz too win back the titles at Summerslam and then lose them around Survivor series time too possibily start the breakup

So a face can go crazy and almost kill a guy by driving an ambulance into a back of a truck ???. I liked the match itself and liked Reigns going crazy after it and trying too kill Strowman. Hopefully a start of a heel turn for reigns but im not going too hold my breath. Hopefully this ends the Regins vs Strowman rivilary but i can see it going on til Summerslam

Felt bad for Slater and Hawkins who was bacisally out there too kill time so they could organise Strowman being taken out of the ambulance.

Enjoyed Brock vs Joe but wish it was more a brawl. Loved how Brock won the match he looked he was gone. I wonder will we get a rematch at summerslam

overall good PPV and hopefully they change the name next time lol

Bray yawn should be his name.

Cass should have squashed Enzo in 5 seconds not drag it out for 5 mins.

I wonder will they use Matt's head injury as a way to bring Broken Matt in.

Miss Bliss is just so Blissful

Can that please god in heaven be the last Maz/Ambrose match for a while.

So Strowman really didn't beat Roman, Roman beat himself with a missed spear.
    It took him long enough to find reverse in the ambulance.
    Kurt must be the worst actor on the whole roster.
    I don't even think Roman will get over as a heel if they do turn him.

Is Heath going to get a mini singles push now I wonder. We want Balor!!

Really liked Joe vs Brock but Brock won too easy and quickly in the end.

Joe's going to kill you! Now keep them apart for a bit let Joe go and destroy the middle card for a bit before they have a rematch.

Really enjoyable PPV.

9 stitches for Matt just above his eye. That was nasty, almost his whole face was covered in blood.

It was the bloodiest PPV I can remember in a while. Matt, Dean and Alexa all bled. Plus Braun, although that was Hollywood blood.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Roman is a face to kids and a heel to adults. Brawn is a heel to kids and a face to adults. They complement each other perfectly.

Enjoyed the show overall. Both Joe and Brawn look like mega stars. I wonder if they'd do a fatal four way at Summerslam with a combination of the two feuds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked how they worked the Brock/Joe match. They allowed Joe to get some offence in and had Brock looking in trouble at times.

I know some people feel the match wasn't long enough and that Joe didn't kick out of the F5, but I expect Brock's match at Summerslam will be a real war and we will see an F5 kickout in that so there was no need for it in this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm hoping Joe/Lesnar was just a warm up for Round 2 at Summerslam.

Just adding

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/884261913949069312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have to say this PPV was a step in the right direction for the Red Brand.

Joe has looked great in the build up and looked great against Lesnar. Was disappointed with how the finish was quick, but its a nit-pick. The match looked unpredictable, while I expected a Lesnar win in his first defence, the booking of Joe had me second guessing.

Braun looked liek a star too, a Roman did his fair share of making him look good. Great booking.

Big Cass looked strong and I hope WWE have something in mind for him (Im guessing feud with Show.)

Still lots of stuff I dont wanna see. Miz vs Ambrose (and Ambrose in genral) bores me right now. Its been done to death. Seth v Bray was easily skipped. Was more interested in Enzo and Cass than those two

The tag match was a bit long for The Hardys who looked gassed very early, but both teams worked hard. Im not a fan of Ironman matches. Cant for the life of me see how Matt busted himself open even after rewinding.

Overall an enjoyable watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Loved Joe v Brock, yeah we all knew who'd win but i hoped lesnar would make joe look good in the process and it was mission accomplished, hopefully he liked Joe enough to drop the belt to him instead of Reigns at SS.

Decent ppv except for dean ambrose on it, i just cant watch anything he does

My worry with WWE is the 50 50 booking effect. Joe looked like a Monster in recent weeks, I have a feeling WWE will quickly undo all the good work they've achieved with Joe.

Braun written off, Roman is the obvious man they will book into the SS match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Roman is a face to kids and a heel to adults. Brawn is a heel to kids and a face to adults. They complement each other perfectly.

Enjoyed the show overall. Both Joe and Brawn look like mega stars. I wonder if they'd do a fatal four way at Summerslam with a combination of the two feuds.

People can say the concept of heel and face are dead but when the fundamentals of that dynamic dominate every single storyline, it's hard to excuse their attitude.

Saying Braun and Reigns are whatever we perceive them to be is music to their ears, because it makes them think that half assed effort is fine. On no planet whatsoever should a kid think what Reigns did last night was ok. Attempted murder after losing a match fair and square ffs! The guy should be getting booed out of the building on all sides.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    My worry with WWE is the 50 50 booking effect. Joe looked like a Monster in recent weeks, I have a feeling WWE will quickly undo all the good work they've achieved with Joe.

Braun written off, Roman is the obvious man they will book into the SS match.

Is that confirmed? Because if he interrupted a Reigns promo tonight, hobbling and bandaged, he'd get a giant cheer.

Not confirmed, just assuming/speculating

uqZyOX5.gif

I'm beginning to believe all those internet rumours that those two don't like each other at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Edge on the Great Balls Of Fire name.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Its no improvement on the original flying flaming testicles.

Jesus, I've never heard of a worst name PPV.

Was in long in there before Edge

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    People can say the concept of heel and face are dead but when the fundamentals of that dynamic dominate every single storyline, it's hard to excuse their attitude.

Saying Braun and Reigns are whatever we perceive them to be is music to their ears, because it makes them think that half assed effort is fine. On no planet whatsoever should a kid think what Reigns did last night was ok. Attempted murder after losing a match fair and square ffs! The guy should be getting booed out of the building on all sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ben Gadot wrote: »

After Raw it's obvious that it ain't no heel turn for Roman, it's business as usual and he's a dog

I'll criticise Reigns as quickly as anyone but Braun threw him over a ramp in a gurney and tipped over an ambulance with him in it, what Reigns did was revenge and I'm surprised it hasn't been presented as such

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Joe vs Brock was like a worse version of his Mania match with Goldberg.
    It's a pity Brock doesn't seem interested in having a proper match anymore as he was a hell of talent when he cared. The short burst of an effort with Goldberg made sense with Bill's age & style but a 5 minute title match on a B show is lazy.
    The rest of the show was fine even if some of thr combinations are ones I never want to see paired up again. I thought Sampson vs Balor was meant to happen but I wasn't upset when it didn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement