Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its4women.ie crazy random price changing. Forex?

Options
  • 06-06-2017 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

So I've been messing around on the its4women site trying to get a cheap quote, adding named drivers, changing my excess etc, all legal.

39yo, 9 years clean licence and ncd on a 1.6 diesel hdi.

The quotes I've been getting all over the internet range from €700 minimum, up to whatever the hell you want.. €2000, €2500 etc.. lol

Anyway. When messing around on its4women I realised that every time I recalculate, the quote changes. Even if I change none of my details it still varies from €623 (the lowest I've achieved so far) up to €900. I can't seem to get the €623 again though! Generally it varies from about €720 to €889! What the hell?

Is is linked to the forex or something? I've noticed that actual url is from the UK.. mcclartysinsurance.co.uk.

A quote shouldn't change like that.. it's mad! I've tried in different browsers too and got new quotes and it's still all over the place!

You can get a difference of €200 in literally 5 seconds..

Edit:
    So I came back again an hour later and the quote was back to €623, so I snapped it up there and then before it could jump again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

As you've already discovered, their backend systems are in total chaos. Good luck trying to make any changes to the policy in the middle of the year - word here is that they are a total nightmare to deal with, that's if you can get talking to someone which in itself is an achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If they're the same crowd as 25+ then I'd steer well clear of them. Awful trouble with them getting any changes and if you ever need to get a document from them you'll be hit with a big admin charge.

Sometimes the cheapest policy isn't the best one to get!

Advertisement