Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBN- premier league- champions league

Options
  • 06-06-2017 1:45am

Hi.

Wondering if anybody has worked out the best way to combine all 3 and preferably without having a landline but with the ability to record ANY match for later viewing.

Getting the NBN, from any provider, is obviously straight forward once it's available in your area.

Optus have the premier league cornered (for at least one more season, I think) so I was thinking of going with fetch tv but that leaves viewing the champions league as a problem.

I could subscribe monthly to bein sports online for a cheap $16, or so, dollars a month but I'd need to watch games live as they have no 'on demand' service. That's not really ideal as it would mean some 5am starts.

Fox offers all 3 possibilities but are charging huge money from what I can see.

I've moved to a new address and NBN will be available this week so it's time to choose the correct supplier/package.

I made a huge mistake when Optus won the premier league rights. I cancelled my Foxtel (at my previous address) and went with Optus for broadband. Only later did I realise that I could have stayed with Foxtel and watched premier league by swapping over to Optus for my mobile phone service. So I missed out when Foxtel included bein sports in their sports package.

Surely there are enough interested parties in Australia to be having the same problem as myself currently ?

I suppose if I could find a paid service to allow me to watch champions league, whenever I wanted, it would be the easiest solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dowend

Hi OP - just wondering if you found a solution to this? Moving over to Melbourne in next few weeks and was asking same questions as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

I had followed this thread...moving back to Perth early next year and didn't think Foxtel would be worth it anymore without the Premiership.      Just realised you said they have Bein Sports now also as part of Fox Sports..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeIN_Sports_(Australia)
    great news whole pile on there!

I'm the same except want Rugby too...and hurling lol.

I think you'll struggle to find exactly what you're looking for reasonable price...for one thing the NBN seems to be garnering a lot of whinging who knows how fast your internet will be. The speeds I am getting in Ireland are making what I was getting in Perth look like the stone-age.
    And difficult to get online + on-demand service. Been trying watching stuff on Kod/Android box back here and me + most of my mates have given up on it because links don't work etc..
    I also tried signing up for some Online Rugby Pass +On Demand service and turned out to be complete scam with dead links!

Looking at all thats on Bein Sport think i'll be happy with that personally and pay for Foxtel Sport + recording service.....am sure they do a prem highlights show and aren't SBS showing a match every week or something that you can record with Set Top box...

lastly how much sports do you really need your in Australia go and enjoy the sunshine a bit :P

My solution -

I have my broadband with Optus so I went with the fetch tv box also. Fetch TV allows me to watch or record any premier league game I want.

As part of my fetch tv service I was allowed to pick 1 additional package 'free of charge' so I choose the package that has ESPN. This gives me the FA cup and Irish international matches.

For the champions league I've subscribed to bein sports connect (I think that's what it's called) online for about $20 pm. They have very recently added an 'on demand/catch up' service which was the clincher for me as I refused it last year due to them not having that service. Games currently start at 4.45am so I can watch the game whenever I want - either live or later that day.

A cheaper option for premier league is to go with Optus for your postpaid mobile. They give you a 'free' login/account so you can login and watch the premier league online via a laptop which I hook up to the tv.

If you're going to have broadband anyway then I'd go with Optus. Their contracts are competitive and they are one of the few that offer unlimited download. The fetch tv is a step up from using the access you get with having a postpaid mobile contract with them

If any of the above is unclear then just ask me to clarify whatever part you're struggling with.

Edit - I wouldn't take Foxtel if it was free. It offers nothing suitable if you support an English soccer team.

Sure good that you were able to find a solution.

I understand Foxtel showing premierleague delayed matches for the big clubs, so as well as the SBS coverage i'd likely  be happy with that considering all the other sports you get with BeIN thrown in. Games on middle of night usually anyway used watch a lot next day..

will look at Optus broadband for sure did find Iinet quite good..

Morshlac wrote: »
    Sure good that you were able to find a solution.

I understand Foxtel showing premierleague delayed matches for the big clubs, so as well as the SBS coverage i'd likely  be happy with that considering all the other sports you get with BeIN thrown in. Games on middle of night usually anyway used watch a lot next day..

will look at Optus broadband for sure did find Iinet quite good..

Yeah it depends on your level of interest. I find watching any sport when I already know the result to be the most boring thing in the world.

So if I don't watch it live I'll watch it as soon as I wake up which is still 'live' to me.

The beIN sports connect online for $20 also shows a shed load of other sports. They have a crazy amount of content. 99% of which I have no interest in but for the price of a couple of bottles of beer I think it's real good value.

• Advertisement

hehe yup try and watch first thing or after work avoiding score but some clown at work can ruin that plan!
    Cool the Bein sport online defo worth a look then, should have NBN in place by time i'm back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dowend

Has anyone tried using an Android Box and subscribing to an IPTV to access the likes of Sky Sports or BT Sports? I appreciate this doesn't offer the on-demand service of Optus or Bein but may work out a good bit cheaper.

Dowend wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using an Android Box and subscribing to an IPTV to access the likes of Sky Sports or BT Sports? I appreciate this doesn't offer the on-demand service of Optus or Bein but may work out a good bit cheaper.

Cheaper than what ?

Fetch tv is only costing me an extra 15 or 20 bucks a month and bein connect is 20 a month.

I haven't tried the android box.

Advertisement